New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Oblivion

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter 1

She walks with a quiet tread. She can’t be older than sixteen. She wears a purple tank top and ripped jeans. Over her shoulder is a brown messenger bag that was marked up with Sharpies. She walks on a beaten up sidewalk and is about to enter a quiet neighborhood when suddenly she turns into a flash of silver light and disappears. The only thing signifying her existence: her messenger bag.
They walk hand in hand; the picture of love. Walking through the city they are completely oblivious to the people around them. The girl stands up on her tiptoes and kisses the boy who is a foot taller than she is on the cheek. They both have black hair and heart tattoos on the palms of their hands. He leans down and picks her up. They lean in to kiss and just as their lips touch, they are incased by the silver light and disappear. No one even notices.
One teenage boy stood at the top of some bleachers. In the background were an empty football field and a high school. He had black hair, bright blue eyes, and incredibly pale skin. He looked over the back of the bleachers where a part of fence was missing. He took a step back and then leaped off the top. When he was just feet away from the hard concrete, he was wrapped in silver light and disappeared.
It went on. Scenes of one or two people incased by the silver light and disappearing, some people were about to commit suicide but others were just going on with normal business. I don’t know how many I saw but they all lasted a couple seconds.
After at least thirty showings of people’s disappearances, everything stopped. Before that little presentation, I just remember stuff like going to school and homework. No details but enough to know that I once lived. This is just a dream. Wake up and you will realize that you just fell asleep on the couch after a track meet or something. I don’t know where the thought of a track meet came from but it didn’t feel right. I can’t feel, can’t move, I don’t even know if I ever did live and go to school.
“You may open your eyes now!” A booming voice commanded and I got the feeling that I won’t be on the couch when I wake up. I knew that they weren’t talking to just me, the person, definitely a guy, was telling multiple people to open their eyes.
So I did. I wish I hadn’t.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Warm_My_Heart said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:51 am:
I HAVE to read th rest of this. But schools starts soon, so. . .yeah. It is 3 AM. XDD

DarklyLight said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 6:24 pm:
Wow!  That was really good.  It kinda reminded me of The Maze Runner.  ( I really liked that book.  You should check it out if you're interested. )  The dialogue was very realistic, and it flowed perfectly.  You did a great job.  I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait for more.  Write on!