Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Rose of Thorns

Rose of Thorns

Rhiannin B.
Rose of Thorns
Summary: Rose Kelledy couldn't be more surprised, or upset, when she receives a letter from the local Vampire Academy, White Rose- informing her that a vampiric prophet has Seen her, as a vampire. Now Rose is officially a Promise, one of the rare humans who is already, and always was, destined to become immortal. Only one problem, Rose may not exactly know what she wanted to do with her life- but becoming a vampire was certainly not a part of her plan. Especially not since her best friend's brother was taken in much the same way.

Not matter what Rose does though, she will have to go to White Rose someday, the vampires wont allow her to remain a threat to the human population for long.

But as it turns out, White Rose isn't really what Rose expected.

Rose isn't really what she expects anymore either... she can tell she's changing, but she hasn't even been bitten yet. Even the vampires don't know what Rose is- but they do know that she will be important. Already the powerful players of the vampiric world have their eyes on Rose. But Rose isn't willing to be another chess piece in their centuries old game of power.

This book has 33 comments. Post your own now!

CrazyGirl101 said...
I absolutely loved with all my heart this story Please write more and tell the public what it's going to be called so we can look it up. Wonderful and it is original and not a ripoff from twilight. Love completely.

DaylightDarkness replied...
Thanks! Actually the exciting news on this particular story is that I'm looking into professional publication. So I'll be sure to let everyone know when/if that goes through what the official title and publisher will be.

Ladywarrior123 said...
i really loved reading this. please keep working on it im dying to have it continue!!!

DaylightDarkness said...
P.S. yes, I know it posted in a huge block in the first chapter, I apologize. Somewhere between my word document and posing on teenink something decided to remove all the tiems I hit enter or tab.

DaylightDarkness said...
Just to let everyone know, this is now being edited to see if i can get it published for real... and comments, feedback, what you think i could do better, I'd really appreciate it thanks!

Crimson_Lilly said...
This is an amazing work. Please, add more to it!

renthead96 said...
You're a talented writer, and I did enjoy reading this, despite the hype nowadays over cliche vampire novels. However, I liked that you had your own original story. I do strongly suggest that you review this, especially chapter one, because there were many spelling/grammer mistakes. Otherwise, I thought it was well-written, and I look forward to reading more :)

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
I really liked how you put yor own spin on an overdone overused vampiric subject I was skeptical at first , since the Vampire Academy book's main character is also named Rose. The Volturi , I felt , were maybe in your story a bit too.  You made it your own , anyway. I like your story , it's fresh and new , and your characters are interesting and relatable My only critiscism is that you have alot of spelling errors /typos. Otherwise , I encourage you to write more , you have a great story in... (more »)

Crimson_Lilly said...

Its amazing, add more please!

Megan.J.BThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was actually very good! This writing style was very familiar to that of a teenage vampire novel, which is what I hope you were going for. This reminded me a lot of similar vampire books such as house of night and the dark world series! A little cliche, but so are most teenage vampire novels anyways :P Well Done.

Kailey4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW VERY AWESOME!! I want to read more:)

white_chocolate97 said...
I like the plot of this story so far. I like how it's not very cliche too. The only thing that you need to work on is the flow of the first chapter. Maybe some paragraphs? Other than that I really really enjoyed it! Great job!!

.Izzy. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:58 am
I knew this story sounded so familiar! I already commented on this awhile ago

tealbird said...
I think this has got a really good tone, and I'm SSOOOO glad it doesn't have the cliche, vampire-story feel to it. I don't want to say what's already been said, but I think that the 1st chapter should be divided into paragraphs, just to make it flow better. Other than that, really, really good work!

DaylightDarkness replied...
ok, once and for all- yes, I've looked into that and on my original copy there are multiple paragraphs in teh first chapter, so blame my laptop/teenink. :) the grammar issues, yeah, i know. I'm not the best with grammar. :)

WritingSpasms said...
This is pretty good. I like how this isn't one of those cliche vampire stories (thank you!). xD The paragraphs may need to be spaced out a bit more. And there are some grammatical errors in the first chapter, but other than that, I have nothing else to point out! Keep writing :)

Artist-at-Heart said...

It's a really good story. My only critisitim is that there are some grammatical errors and the first chapter seems to only have one paragraph. Please post more of the story soon, I'm dieing to read it!

Mystiecub said...
that's a really LONG first chapter, it's all i've read so far, but it's a really good story :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my gosh. I only read the first chapter (sorry!), but I'm totally in love with this story. It doesn't seem like one of those cliche vampire stories, which is really good, because I hate those. I love the style you picked up with the character, although it seemed like you were only more comfortable with the story once it got going. I would recommend separating this into paragraphs, because I find it much easier to read, but other than that, I haven't found a mistake. :) I am going to continue t... (more »)

DaylightDarkness replied...
Thank you Garnet! I find it really entertaining that we picked the same name for our characters though.