Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Finding Arria

Finding Arria

bookdevourer101
Finding Arria
Summary: Arria's my name. I've always wondered why I wasn't named something simpler, like Charlotte or Anne, something that would fit me more. Arria means "beautiful voice". But how could someone as quiet as me have one?
Of course, despite my simple nature, or what I thought was a simple nature anyways, my life so far has been quite... unique. With a sister whose personality is as big as her teased, out of proportion hair, a genius father who let alcohol consume his life, and a gruesome, tragic catastrophe, how could it be? But guess what? It's about to get a lot more tragic. And a heck of a lot more interesting.

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

becauseHeloves said...
May 12, 2011 at 8:27 am
Just how much exactly is enough, because now I want to know what happens next!  Write more! It's good, there's just some grammatical errors but it's an overall interesting story.

xwritingonwallsx said...

This is actually the first novel that I have read on here. That being said, this is a pretty good start to it! I have a couple of comments/questions/suggestions:

I love how Arria gave that smile at the end. What time period is this suppose to be set in? I like how the main character, Arria, is sort of telling this story to another person, as if she recalling what happened. one suggestion: I feel like Arria and her sister would be scared of their dad and that they are more upset by what... (more »)

bookdevourer101 replied...
Thanks for the advice! I really enjoyed writing this and will definately consider writing more.  I'm glad that you liked it!