Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Her Name Was Madi

Her Name Was Madi

Mary A.
Her Name Was Madi
Summary: Madi Rourke is now seventeen, and in a bit of a rut. Day after day, it's all the same; no life, no money, no boys, in a sense. Things have become a bit monotonous, and she's just about ready to start pulling her hair out when she wakes up in the year 1956.

Now, she's alone in her quest to find out how in the world she ended up here and how she can possibly get home. All she has to go on is a mysterious note she found when she arrived here, which isn't exactly helpful. Not to mention she's got the local bully/babe magnet hounding her for a date.

Just when she's ready to give up and throw on the poodle skirt, curious events begin to take place and Madi is finally pointed in the right direction. Now, she must figure out the secret behind her predicament, and the strange characteristics of her new cat, LT, all while debating on how to break it to her new boyfriend that she's actually over fifty years his junior. All part of being a teenager, of course.

thewriter247 said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:23 pm:
Very well written. Good balance of humor and seriousness. But I was like NOOOOOOO near the end... awesome anyways! I hope you finish the second part/sequel. We are waiting patiently!

misteriousgirl said...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:21 am:
i love it thats the best story ever on teenink i have already read it 3 times good god!:):):):):)

misteriousgirl replied...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:23 am :
sorry o ment to say good job

starbuxcoffee said...
This is amazing, I could'nt stop reading!

Ashlee W. said...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 3:48 am:
That was amazing.

that_one_kid10 replied...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:38 pm :
Thank you!!

AmyRie96 said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 11:16 pm:

this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

i am sitting here on the verge of crying, please write a sequel ASAP!

that_one_kid10 replied...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:32 am :
Omg lol I won't lie-I cried when I wrote it. I felt so bad for what I did but I had to do it in the name of fiction! The sequel is at a stand still....Haven't been working on it lately :c but maybe someday soon I'll feel the inspiration. I have a couple of chapters up already! Go look!

MadisFire said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 6:40 pm:

My name is Madi. :)

Like it so far, would love it if you read mine when they post it on here. <3...

Melissa G. replied...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:07 pm :
I'm so happy you really love my poem, that makes me so happy to hear. And when you poem gets put onto the web site I would really love to read it. Thanks so much for replying to me. I didn't think no body would, lol. Well thanks and I hope you like my other poems.

that_one_kid10 replied...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:34 am :
Ha that's cool :] I'm glad I have the approval of a Madi :D you gotta keep reading!!

Melissa G. said...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:06 pm:
I really like your book I think you should publish it some day. You can become a great author to, I would really love to read more. Keep up the good work. 

that_one_kid10 replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:18 pm :
Thank you :)) I'm actually trying to get it published but no such luck as of yet. Tell all your friends to read it though :D high ratings on this site should get it noticed :))

Melissa G. replied...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:59 pm :
Im really happy about your work and I'm going to keep on reading more about it real soon. And I wanted to let you know I'm writing a book to, just to give you the up date. Well I hope you write more. Have a good day. :) :)

that_one_kid10 replied...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:33 am :
Ah thank you :) and if you'd like me to look at your work, send me a link pretty please. I can't seem to find anyone's work :p

ScarletFever said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:13 pm:
i havent read it yet, but omg imma read it right now! i read evertbodys stuff and comment, cuz its so fun to talk to other awesome writer. But i was wondering if you would read my book? its not finished yet because i have the hardest time finishing anything... lol, its called  A Slice of Darkness, please comment and tell all your frinds about it. HOPE YOU LIKE IT xDxDxD

Melissa G. replied...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:02 pm :
I really liked your book. It had me movie from page one and I was really into it a whole lot. I hope one day you will publish it and make a lot of money off of it.

rainbowwaffles said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm:
Sorry, my internet is spazzing and for some reason I can't comment, especially with the link... sorry. :( Maybe the post went through and i just didn't see it? I keep refreshing but nothing is happening. Maybe you can't find it because you're looking at the overall novels? It's on the fifth page of the realistic fiction top voted section.

rainbowwaffles said...
I haven't finished this yet, but I definitely will! What I've read of it is very good :) Maybe you could read some of my novel, The Formation? It's in the realistic fiction section. Thanks!

that_one_kid10 replied...
Feb. 1, 2011 at 4:21 pm :
I can't find your work :C