New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Sarcasm in the Underworld

Sarcasm in the Underworld

Hannah C.
Sarcasm in the Underworld
Summary: Have you ever heard the story of Orpheus, the Greek hero who traveled across deserts, oceans, and Hell itself; passing Cerebrus and Hades with the power of music, all to recover his lost love?
Have you ever wondered what that would look like done by a sarcastic, unmotivated student instead?
I...I swear it's funny.

summerstuff said...
Jan. 6 at 5:05 am:
Aaaah this is amazing. I love your writing.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 5 at 8:56 pm:
This was really funny and I liked it but I don't understand why she can't speak.  Other than that it was excellent.

hannahcraig This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 8 at 3:58 pm :
It's based on the original myth of Orpheus in the Underworld, where Hades tells Orpheus he cannot turn around to look at his wife before she stands in the light. But he does turn around, so his wife is gone. The myth doesn't make a whole lot of sense without a wife to search after but I tried.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 10 at 5:22 pm :
Ok I knew the myth so I was wondering if it was a twist.  I loved this though :)