New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Loner

Ben M.
Loner
Summary: After nuclear war decimated over half the planet, leaving the remains of the human population to thrive in domed metropolitan cities, deemed Sanctuaries by their religious leaders, highly-trained mercenaries, called Loners, are hired to transport families between the Sanctuaries. One of these Loners has been tasked with transporting a family of four, consisting of a mother, a father, and their son and daughter across the barren landscape that was once the United States.

Tags: death/loss

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

randumfaveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think this story is pretty cool, but doesn't fully reach its potential. The beginning of the story: Great. Loved it, the pacing was better than I'd expected, which becomes a problem later on, but in the beginning, I liked your setup. I kind of see how you were trying to portray loner, but it was a little hazy. If I'd done his character I'd have gone with a less revealing character, which is what his attitude seems to say, but you tell me too much about him for that. Startup... (more »)