New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Night Hunter's Hope

Night Hunter's Hope

Devon B.
Night Hunter's Hope
Summary: The empire of Heartfall is on the verge of danger. Rumor has is that King David, the ruler of Heartfall, has left the palace alone to search for powerful weapons scattered across the land, but no one is certain why. Fear and outrage soon envelop the citizens of Heartfall once news of the "Ones Most Feared" have returned as foretold, to wreak havoc among the people. Meanwhile, Crimson the young woodcutter, shortly after becoming a damned creature of the night and murdering his own mother, he is stranded in Valor Cave for what feels like ages before a wandering king discovers his location. In exchange for his cure, Crimson agrees to travel with the king to help fight the merciless dragons and stop the terrible war. They face their destiny, in which the fate of an entire kingdom lies as well.

MayaS. said...
May 27, 2013 at 1:10 am:
Chapter 5 - BRISINGR! I loved how Crimson fights of the ghosts of death. But my favorite part was where David gives his "Is it all for nothing?" speech. That really resonates with me, because every time I'm in doubt about whether there's a higher purpose that's what I think: Why is this all here if it's just all for nothing? It can't be. PREACH, DAVID! I just had a few questions: Why does he kill the spider? and What happened to that other page who was followin... (more »)

devonunorthodox25 replied...
May 29, 2013 at 1:45 am :
Thank you so much for the positivety, Maya! :) I would love to answer all of your questions, but as you said, it's hard to communicate accurately through this website! So, I created an account on the website you suggested on your Teen Ink page, so search for me and follow me! Maybe we can talk bette ron there :D I am in the process of posting "Alexandria" on that website, and I will sonn have all of "Night Hunter's Hope" on there for you. Thanks again! 

MayaS. said...
May 27, 2013 at 12:54 am:
Chapter 4- YAY! Crimson beat it this time! Yes!!!! I love King David. "Crimson, my boy" always makes me laugh. David is so brialliantly loopy, and his "righteous robes of red" was my favorite line in the whole chapter.The only logic problem was that if Crimson wasn't even able to resist the urge to sup on his own mother, how was he able to resist attacking David at first sight, especially after being starved?

MayaS. said...
May 27, 2013 at 12:41 am:
YES! It got through on my profile. It's under "My Favorite Quote" or whatever. Go to the link. It's a magical site where writing actually gets read

MayaS. said...
May 27, 2013 at 12:29 am:
Devon- sorry about all this, my comments are being blocked - go to my profile, I will post something there so you can hopefully see it.

MayaS. said...
Chapters 2-3: Wow. I didn't read the summary because I wanted to be surprised, and holy guacamole I was. I loved your descriptions - especially about some glowing plants in chapter 2, and when he discovers his new appearance in chapter 3. The whole time I was like, "The poor guy!" There must be a cure! Right.....? Please more soon!

devonunorthodox25 replied...
Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:46 pm :
Wow! Thank you so much! You don't know how much positive comments like that mean toi me :) I will post more soon!

devonunorthodox25 said...
Yes I did, it was fantastic :) 

MayaS. said...
P.S. Post more soon!

MayaS. said...
Awesome world-building and eloquant descriptions. (Also, can I name my baby Crimson? That might just be the best hero name ever.) My only comments are that the conversation between Crimson and Aron was maybe too long and I was getting "Eragon" vibes throughout.

devonunorthodox25 replied...
Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:08 pm :
Thank you very much! :) Yes, I was obsessed with the Eragon series, so I might have accidentaly conspired some of Paolini into the writing. But I will try to be very careful next time! 

MayaS. replied...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:15 am :
"Eragon" was like my childhood. Did you read the final book that came out recently?

devonunorthodox25 replied...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:44 pm :
Yes I did, it was fantastic :)