New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Journey For Future Time

Author's note: I wrote it out of the love i have for fiction. When I went through depression at such a young...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote it out of the love i have for fiction. When I went through depression at such a young age, my teacher and personal friend of mine told me that I needed something to pull me away from the dark depths of what I was falling into. The book brought me out of that hole and into a new begining of imagination and courage to express myself and my writing skills. Enjoy.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Incident At Hand

The Marsh’s jumped from the truck hurriedly. They had just arrived in the school parking lot. “Alright y’all, I don’t want any trouble from you guys today. No phone calls about graffiti,” Rachel looked at Mat, “No spit balls,” she glared at Jeremiah,” No food throwing”, she glanced at Tim, “and no fighting, PERIOD, for you missy, or I WILL have you sent off.” She finished, glaring at Robin.
“No problem boss.” Said Jeremiah with a solute. Robin glared at Rachel. “What’s
This shows the family's struggle with what happened, and how they have changed in such little time.
your problem? I got in one fight and now you act like I’m going to flip out on everyone.” She snapped. Rachel sighed and looked at Robin. “Just be good. It’s the last day, Jesus Christ! Love you guys. See you later.” Said Rachel, walking back to the truck.
13.

Robin scowled angrily and looked at her brothers. “Just keep the temp down Rob. You’ll be alright.” Said Mat, waving to them as he walked towards the ball field for P.E.
The belle rang just as Robin and Tim made it to their first class that they shared: Algebra class. Tim was able to skip a grade because of his natural knowledge, so him and Robin stuck together a lot in the classes they had together.
They went to their seats quickly, Tim next to Robin. “Morning guys! Late start?” asked a familiar, friendly voice. Taylor Bay, Robin’s best friend, smiled at the two. She was a witch. Her mother and herself had moved into the Marsh’s town from New Mexico.
It was funny, because when they were little, they didn’t even like each other until they both realized they had the same power. Taylor had curly black hair and a nice tan skin. Her eyes were brown and speckled with green. She was Robin’s age. She sat on the other side of Robin.
“What’s wrong Rob? You look mad.” Said Taylor. Robin told Taylor about what Rachel told her. Taylor’s eyes widened. “She wouldn’t split up the family!” she said. Robin sighed. “Who knows.” she said. Taylor began to talk to Robin about it, reassuring her things would be okay.
Tim looked at her as she talked and couldn’t help that his heart skipped a beat when she smiled. He had liked her for a long time now, but he was afraid of ever actually asking her out. He could see it now… “Hey Taylor, you want to do something sometime?” She would look at him and laugh, then everyone else would laugh, then he wouldn’t have any pants on like in the dream….”Tim? Timothy?” “What?” asked Tim, coming out of his daze.
Mrs. Fits, the teacher, had been talking to him while he was day dreaming. “I asked you if you knew what the day was.” She said,

14.
looking at him, showing that she was irritated. “Hum… the … last day of school?” he asked. The class cheered at that.
“Why yes, it is. Today we will be taking our final exam. It is located on your desk with a sharpened pencil. You have exactly one hour. You may begin.” Said Mrs. Fits, starting a timer.
The sudden sound of pencils scratching along paper began. Robin really didn’t feel like she should waste her time in school. She jotted down most of the answers easily, for they were easy for her to do. Before she knew it, she was done, and now had to wait 45 minutes until the hour was up.
She sighed in boredom and laid her head on her desk. She snuggled into her sleeves and closed her eyes, listening to music in her head. She didn’t really dream of anything, she just thought. She thought about what the summer was going to be like, and what she wanted to do. But mostly she thought of who she wanted to do things with.
Malcolm. She imagined them playing on the beach, or playing basketball like they used too, only this time she could beat him with her ‘charm’. She chuckled quietly to herself, then felt a bit sad. She missed him terribly, always remembering the little hugs and nudges that showed her he cared.
Moments later the timer and the belle in the hall went off, and everyone cheered. One step closer to summer! “Please turn in your work pages. Have a great summer.” Exclaimed Mrs. Fits unenthusiastically.
Robin and Taylor left the room, seeing as Tim had already disappeared to his locker. “ Was that hard or what?!” asked Taylor. “It seemed ok to me.” Said Robin with a small smile. “Are you alright? You look kind of sad.” Asked Taylor, concern on her face. “Nah, I’m ok. Just tired, that’s all.” Said Robin. “Ok. Well I’ll meet you at our lockers in a few minutes,

15.
ok Rob? I got to go to the bathroom.” Robin understood and started towards her locker while Taylor went the other way to the bathroom.
She reached her locker and opened it, getting out her and Taylor’s English books. She thought she’d save them some time so they weren’t late. Just as she grabbed them, they slipped from her arms and they fell on the ground. She moaned, leaning down to scoop them up. Suddenly, a noise caught her ear, and it flickered in. Voices heading her way.
“Don’t worry guys, she’s mine today. She can’t say no to this!” said the voice. Robin knew that cocky tone anywhere. “Fuck! Please not me again!” she whispered, grabbing her books as she stood. She slammed her locker shut and turned to walk away, but it was too late. “Hey baby.” Said Luke Maze, a popular jock in school.
He always had had it out for Robin, because she was the only girl who never fell head over heals for him. His friends, or ‘posse’, as he liked to call them, came up behind him. They were Chance Lee and Scott Jareds, his right hand men. “How many times do I have to say stop calling me that!?” snapped Robin, glaring up at him.
Robin and Taylor absolutely loathed Luke and his boys, for Luke was spoiled and rotten to the core. He never stopped until he got what he wanted.
“Awe don’t be that way darling! I’m just a guy who knows what he wants when he wants it, and you are on the menu.” He said, trying to take her hand. She yanked it away and turned to leave, but Chance and Scott stood in her way. “Mm feisty! I like that!” exclaimed Luke, touching her arm. She whirled around and said, “I swear to God you touch me again, I’ll kick your ass!” She walked around him and started to walk away when he suddenly grabbed her from behind, holding her close. “You aren’t going anywhere.” He whispered in her ear, turning her face, trying to kiss her.

16.
“Let go!” she screamed. She pulled away and tried to punch him, but was suddenly grabbed from behind by Taylor. “Robin no!” she whispered frantically. “Let me go! She shouted. Jeremiah and Tim suddenly appeared behind the boys. “Is there a problem here?” Jeremiah asked Luke.
Just trying to talk to a sweet ole thing that’s all Jerry.” Replied Luke, going to touch Robin’s face. She tried pulling away from Taylor so she could hit him, bite him, something, but Taylor held tight. She knew her friends temper almost better then Jeremiah, and she wasn’t going to let it get the best of her, let alone let it get her sent off.
“That’s my sister punk! You don’t touch her!” yelled Tim, stepping forward. A group of people surrounded them as the belle rang. “Get them!” said Luke. Chance grabbed Tim and slammed him against the locker, and Scott held Jeremiah from behind. “Now why don’t you tell your pal and brothers you’ll see them later before someone gets hurt, hmm?” asked Luke, looking at Robin with a nasty grin.
“No!” shouted Jeremiah, turning and knocking Scott down. Tim took that as a signal to jump in, so he threw Chance against the lockers this time and started to fight with him. Luke stood back for a moment, watching the boys fight. “TAYLOR LET GO! STOP!” shouted Robin, pulling hard against Taylor.
The crowd shouted in anticipation. Fight! Fight! Fight! Jeremiah finally knocked Scott unconscious, then turned to deal with Luke, but he hadn’t been watching. Luke suddenly grabbed Jeremiah’s shoulders and kneed him in the gut. Robin had had enough. “HEY LUKE!” she shouted. Luke turned to face her, which was probably the biggest mistake of his life.
Robin pulled fast and hard, escaping from Taylor’s grasp, and punched him hard in the face. Blood shot from his nose like a fountain, and

17.
everyone was silent, for the deafening crack of a shattered jaw echoed through the hall. Luke fell to the ground, spitting out a few teeth with a big pool of blood. Robin went to attack more, but stopped when she saw Tim go pale at the sight of the blood.
He covered his nose, refraining from the smell. “What is going on here!?” asked a loud voice. Principle Anderson walked into the circle and almost fell over at the shock of seeing the three toughest guys in school on the ground.
“What happened here!?” he asked. Robin stepped forward to confess, but Jeremiah stepped in front of her. “Big boy here thought he and his gang were going to call me and my brother names, so I wrestled them up. Got a good shot at Luke too.” He said in a cocky voice. “No you di..” started Robin, but Taylor covered her moth before she could finish. The circle knew Jeremiah wasn’t the one who inflicted the devastating blow, but they were all pretty scared of ending up on Robin’s bad side.
Luke probably wouldn’t have protested to it either, for being knocked unconscious by a girl wouldn’t exactly seem tough.
Mr. Anderson waved to some boys in the crowd. “You two, help me get these boys to the nurse. I’ve got Luke. Mr. Marsh, in my office, NOW!” he instructed as he bent to help Luke up. Robin pulled Taylor’s hand away and looked at Jeremiah with furious eyes.
“Jeremiah what are you doing!?” she whispered frantically. “Saving your ass! I won’t let Rachel separate this family.” Said Jeremiah. “TO MY OFFICE!” said Mr. Anderson angrily. Jeremiah gave her a soft smile and turned, walking towards the office. “Now I assume everyone has a class to attend!? Go on! Scoot!” Mr. Anderson spat at the crowd. The crowd began to break up as Mr. Anderson finally got Luke to walk.
Only Tim, Taylor, and Robin remained. Robin turned around and looked at Tim and Taylor angrily. “Why didn’t you guys just butt out!? I can

18.

take care of myself!” she spat. “ I didn’t want to lose my best friend, and I’m pretty sure Tim didn’t want to lose his sister.” Said Taylor grumpily. “I am tired of being treated like a baby in this damn family!” said Robin. Tim sighed and looked at the girls. “Well, we ought to head to class.” Said Tim. The girls agreed and they started off to class, Robin in between Taylor and Tim. It’s like I’m a prisoner. She thought angrily to herself. “You are in our family.” Said Tim, who had overheard her thought. “Stay out of my head maggot.” She spat back.

Naomii Lee said...
i know i didnt notice it until i read it over lol i have a boggled mind uhg but thank you (:

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great story so far... Just make sure you don't switch tense! That's a big issue in your writing. Good job, otherwise. (: