A New Era

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Ch.2

“Learn from yesterday, Live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
-A. Einstein

That afternoon Ira with Evan (her brother) came at our place. Ira is and has forever been my bestie…And her Brother Evan is Naomi’s best friend, he is about of Naomi’s age (but he acts more mature!) When they came at our place we all went to my bedroom and we played all the possible games we could. I also told them about the history Dad told us. Ira seemed very surprised but Evan was calmer. Mr. and Mrs. Parker were also there. They were talking to mom and dad, Or rather whispering to them. Mom, dad Mrs. and Mr. Parker seemed very much tensed. I couldn’t help noticing their tensed faces.
“Hey!! It’s your turn, are you…sleeping?” Naomi shouted.
“Oh! Yeah…I’m sorry, I got distracted.”
“You’re always distracted, nothing new”
“Hey!!”
“Whatever!”
Ira also noticed mom-dad and others faces as she was also staring at them.
“Do you know what is it about?” I finally asked her.
“I don’t know…I mean today mom and dad told us that, they had something important to discuss with your parents, so they had to meet your parents, we could also come along and play with you, if we wanted, we came along with them. I wonder what the matter is.”
Then mom-dad looked at all of us for a second and called Naomi and Evan. When they left, Ira and I started to observe them. They were telling them both something. Naomi and Evan’s expression suddenly changed. They also joined the “tensed group”
“Let’s go and see what the matter is.” Suggested Ira.
It was a good Idea. We both went to see what the matter was.
“Hi mom! What’s up?” Ira asked.
“Nothing hon. Go and play. Don’t you see elders are talking here?” Mrs. Parker replied politely.
“If elders are talking why Naomi is here?” I said jokingly.
I anticipated a big argument, but to my surprise she remained quite! Ira and I waited for some seconds to try to hear what were they talking about but they just gave us “that look” which said “Get lost!” so we retraced our steps back to my room. But I walked slowly so I could hear something but the words which I heard were only “Mayor…I knew this would happen…so what now?” When I came back I told Ira about what I just heard. She thought for a moment and said,
“Mayor…so maybe it is related to our world…Esse Novum?” (There is
only one mayor for whole EN)
“Maybe”
Soon it was time for the lunch. I didn’t even realize how time passed so quickly! Everyone ate lunch in silence which was quite creepy… After the lunch, dad switched on the Solar-Tele and we all started watching news. This was not how I wanted my weekend to be, full of mysteries… The first thing that came up in the news channel was “ALERT!!”

KingMothraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 8:53 am:
Wow...Deep. I just got goosebumps! Very, very well written. I like your combo of modern writing (OMG!!!) and Earth's demise (Darned humans, we WILL kill the Earth, mark my words). Thanks for posting on MCAA, by the way. I look forward to reading more of this! (I haven't quite finished, you see).

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 10, 2012 at 2:47 am :
Thanks, I hope you like it! :) let me know your feedbacks as soon as you finish it! :)

GMR22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 8, 2012 at 12:41 am:
This is REALLY cool! I will definitely continue reading your stories!

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 8, 2012 at 4:05 am :
Thanks for your feedback! :)

kathryn weiss said...
Sept. 7, 2012 at 5:04 am:
really enjoyed! i loved the end really good!!

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:56 am :
thanks glad you liked it :)

SallySunshine replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:59 am :
wow! nice story

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:06 am :
really very Glad to know you like it! thanks!

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 6:36 am:
Wow, O.o Very Extraordinary Quotes,  I wish I could write as Decent as you! :3 

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 7:51 am :
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!! really apricated!!! :) :)

Coincidence replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:02 am :
AJ? wow even my name is aj! bt it stands for "ALEX JONHSON" Anyway the 2nd last and last chapter took my breath away!!!! :D :D  

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:07 am :

M-star said...
Sept. 1, 2012 at 4:07 am:
Awesome story!! I could picture everything in my mind so well! Plus, I love the quotes you used at the beginning of each chapter. There was some great emotion in the story too!! Really heartfelt!! Great job!:)

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 7:52 am :
Thanks a lot!!! :) :) Really Aprciated!! :) :) :)

MadelynHope said...
Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:15 am:
It is a little confusing, but entertaining, and the story idea is very unique. Continue.

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 7:53 am :
Thanks a lot for your feedback!! :) :)