Forever & Always

Author's note: Another book inspired me to write this book. In the book a boy and a girl are best friends, but I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Another book inspired me to write this book. In the book a boy and a girl are best friends, but I decided to make my characters fall in love. My best friend has encouraged me to continue with this book and but my heart and soul into it! Thank you Amber! I hope that people discover from this novel that sometimes the greatest sacrifices you make, whether or not they are good outcomes or bad, there could be consequences and you'll never know they are right around the corner.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

The Fresh Start of a Monday Morning

I awoke to the clean crisp air of Pennsylvania. Toto was beside my bed looking up at me with those big blue eyes. There was a cool chill in the air that ran up my body in the morning. I eventually made my way out a bed and walked over to my dresser and pulled out clothes to wear on this fine Monday. I threw on my blue and white plaid shirt and ripped up jeans. Toto and I headed over to the bathroom and I looked at myself in the mirror. Who am I? Am I the girl that always follows the rules and just lives her life without no complaining? Or am I the perfect daughter that goes out on the rim for adventure? What adventure will I have? All I know is that I’m just lucky that our rooster, Duran, is lazy and is never up for the sun so I sometimes get a good licking from Toto, or Miranda comes in and screams at the top of her lungs just so she can have the enjoyment of seeing me fling out of bed with messy hair.
I threw my hair into braids around my face and washed up. I walked downstairs and laced my boots up tight and took Toto out to the field with me. I made my way to the barn and saw Yankee standing there with delight on his face. I walked into his stall and put his rope on and pulled him outside to the open. I grabbed the hose and soap and started scrubbing him with the sponge.
“Morning Bud,” I whispered to him. Yankee winced at the thought of waking his body up on a Monday morning but he knows I love him anyway. I finished bathing him down and rinsed him off with the hose. I started drying him with the big towel. I held the brush in my hand as I brushed his coat down his back. He made the slightest sound as if to let me know he loves me right back. I finished up with his back legs and saddled him up after I fed him his gourmet breakfast of hay, apples, and water. Toto followed us to the field again and I took the stool and carefully swung myself on. We started walking up the hill with Toto by my side. The fresh air hit my face and blew back my braids, protected by my hat. I didn’t know what to think. Lately I have been thinking about myself. Me and only me. I couldn’t help the fact that I don’t know who I truly am. I wish I could have an adventure. One with the perfect person. The perfect place, the perfect time.
“Yankee, go to the forest,” I replied with the gentlest voice I had in me. “Ya!”
He ran fast from the sounds of the cows mooing into the beautiful sound of the birds chirping. To be honest it’s kinda nice that there is such thing as different sounds that make each thing unique in this crazy mixed up world.
I kept riding as fast as Yankee could carry me. The scrubs and shrubbery hit against my face hard, and left scratches. We finally got out into the open woods and stopped. Neither of us knows why we do that. We just run. Anywhere we want to go on this land we can ride. I took a deep breath and looked around. We were surrounded by trees. This wasn’t good. If an animal were to come by, a vicious animal, they would have us surrounded. They would have the opportunity to kill us if they took it. I sensed something was in the trees. I could feel it. I heard something growl, something mean. Mountain lions.
“Yankee…….” My voice trailed off while trying to catch my breath, “Run,” I finished.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

FallenAngel170198This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is great so keep writing it please :D <3

MariaLee3 said...
Thank you so much! I am going to try to post some more of my work so you guys can enjoy it! Also just to let you know, the beginning of the book has changed a little but nothing major so I might update it if I can figure it out :)

Freckles3 replied...
Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 am
Goooooood, because I need to read more of this. Update quickly!!! :)

Freckles3 said...
Sept. 22, 2012 at 8:22 am
This is a really good book! :) You should post the other chapters!  ~Amber

hannymaki replied...
Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:19 am
She is right, I loved your story. Please post the rest of it. I am really curious to know what happens at the end. 

Freckles3 replied...
She has a bunch more chapters but she's been really busy lately. She's been working on this thing since sixth grade!!!!! These are just the beginning. It gets a whole lot more romancey, trust me.