Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > More Precious Than Gold

More Precious Than Gold

nemish23
More Precious Than Gold
Summary: I was happy.
My life was perfect. If you asked my mother, my stepdad or anyone else I know, they would not agree. But me, I was perfectly content.
Yesterday was the best day of my life. My mother was worried sick, but for me, it was epic.
The doctor, too, wouldn’t agree. She’s the one who told me I have leukaemia.
And it’s killing me.
Within the next six months, I’ll be dead.
I’m so happy.
For the last year or so, I’ve been contemplating the different ways to kill myself. I guess I got lucky.
Little did I know, that something was about to change my life in ways I never imagined possible. Something that would prepare me to fight for my life.

This book has 7 comments. Post your own now!

YellowRose195 said...
This book is amazing - and the end was so beautiful, I think this is the best one in its catagory that I've read so far! Keep writing!

nemish23 replied...
Aw, thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am sure to post some new stuff soon so keep your eyes open :D

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I loved your story! It's characters made it all the more real and your descriptions of them made a clear picture in my mind. At first I thought that Silver's name would end up being cheesy but it was really unique and well used with that character. :)

The story went along smoothly and i really liked the last words of the story. "Or Silver" very clever on your part... The title of the book was perfect, your chapter titles were pretty good, and overall the story was AMAZING

nemish23 replied...
May 31, 2012 at 1:47 am
I'm glad you liked it! I really liked this book (not to gloat or anything) but it's my favourite of my books and I'm glad you like it!

Light_Walker said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:37 am
This is better than your other one! I was in tears through most of it. I'm still envious of your style of writing and I hope to see more of your works in the future! If I may, how did you think this plot up, was it just a thought or an experience?

nemish23 replied...

thanks so much! i'm glad someone likes my writing! and is envious of it! :)

the way i came up with it... well i thought a little about the cliche 'boy next door' kind of story and elaborated upon it a bit with the leukaemia thing. i'm not quite sure where i got the leukaemia idea from... maybe the fact i'm a little cancer cautious and my grandfather had just passed (not from cancer).

i promise to check out some of your work sometime!

<3

Light_Walker replied...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:23 am
Thank you! I started out on this site just to get my poems out there, but now I'm hoping many people will look them over and give me some good advice! :)