New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

His Only Girl

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Chapter 7

They stared at each other, not knowing what to say. It was hard to believe it had been a whole week since they had separated.
They stood, not moving, and not knowing where to go next.
Finally, after what seemed like hours, Chase moved towards Zoe and drew her to him, resting her body against his and Zoe didn’t pull away.
“I’m sorry I was so mean to you last week,” Zoe said.
“You weren’t mean,” Chase said. “You were just scared. I’m sorry too. I thought I was just taking little steps until I could finally ask you out.”
“It was my conscience that over powered me,” Zoe said. “I bet you hated me after that.”
“We’re here now, so how could I have hated you?” Chase asked. “You were all I could think about for the past week. My friends told me that they saw your reply to my invitation to the Sweethearts Dance.”
“So did mine,” Zoe said. “And all I could do was dream of the relationship we’d have if we were together.”
“Well, you no longer have to dream,” Chase said. “Zoe Harrington, will you be my girlfriend?”
“Oh I would love to,” Zoe said.
Then Chase reached in his pocket and drew out the necklace and put it back around Zoe’s neck and she knew she’d wear it forever.
Then Chase leaned towards Zoe and finally…finally their shared their first kiss and the world melted away to both of them as all they could feel were each other’s soft lips.
They separated and Zoe said, “Wow. You are as good of a kisser as I imagined you were.”
“Thank you,” Chase said. “And, I would like to tell you this again…I love you.”
“I’ve been waiting a week to hear that from you again,” Zoe said. “I love you as much as you love me.”
“Will you be my sweetheart princess?” Chase asked.
“As long as you’re my sweetheart prince,” Zoe said. “Oh, my life has hope for a fairytale ending.”
“Oh, our relationship will always be a fairytale ending,” Chase said. “And now, I believe we need to tell our friends about this.”
The next morning, Zoe and Chase came into school with big smiles on their faces, looking happy with Chase’s arms wrapped around Zoe.
“So, give us the good news,” Maggie said.
“Well, me and my sweetheart princess are at last, an item,” Chase said.
“It’s a fairytale ending after all,” Zoe said dreamily as Chase leaned in to kiss her.
“Oh, we’re so happy for you guys,” Andy said. “And everyone voted you two the Sweethearts Couple, and at last, it’s true.”
It was a fairytale ending.The perfect one that Zoe and Chase could only dream of, had finally become a reality. It would be sweetheart heaven for them both for as long as they could make it last…
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

booklover1212This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18 at 2:53 pm:
are the names based on that show zoey 101?  

ZackTheAlligator said...
May 8, 2013 at 7:57 am:
I like it so far--one suggestion would be that in the beginning, too many of the names ended with "son". It just seemed a bit distracting to me and pulled me out of the story. Keep up the good work!

nemish23 said...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:56 am:

it's perhaps a little too romantic for me, but i'm not a totally romantic type so don't trust me on that.

but i love how it's a little fairytale mixed in the modern day world and you have great potential!

i'd love to read some of your other works!

arichman40This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm :
Thank you. I know it gets a little sappy romantic, but when I write, that's how I am. Glad you enjoyed the book.