His Only Girl

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 6

Zoe spent many hours lost in thought of Chase, and she knew now it was wrong of her to dump him. She just let her conscience take over and apparently, this is where she now lies.
Her days were spent leaning against her locker, daydreaming about the life she would have if she and Chase were together.
“Oh Chase. You are such a good kisser,” Zoe sighed.
“Hey Zoë,” Maggie said.
“Oh Chase, I could spend the whole night in your arms,” Zoe said. “You are so dreamy!”
“Uh, hello!” Veronica cried. “Earth to Zoe Harrington.”
Zoe snapped out of her dreaming and realized where she stood in reality. “Oh, hey girls,” she said.
“We need to talk to you,” Maggie said. “We realize from what you’ve been daydreaming about, you obviously have feelings for Chase.”
“Well, we were in total sweethearts heaven until a few days ago I told him I felt like he was pushing me into something uncomfortable, but it was my stupid conscience,” Zoe said. “I love him. I love him with all my heart and I want to be with him forever. My life feels complete every time he’s around me. He’s just…the one.”
“Wow. You’re talking about him like you’ve never talked about him before,” Veronica said. “But we’ve known you two were in love when we snuck a peek at that letter Chase sent you about the Sweethearts Dance.”
“Oh, I knew something was up that morning,” Zoe said. “But you can forget that now. I feel like Chase hates me now because I broke his heart.”
She went on day by day. It was torture. Chase was all Zoe had on her mind. She wanted to change the past and make sure she never broke his heart by letting her conscience over power her and say things she knew she’d never say, but she knew she was no wizard with a magic spell to transport herself back in time. She needed him now more than she ever wanted him at her side. And what made her agonize the most was seeing him at school in the hallway everyday. That only made her want to jump in his arms and he’d carry her off like a fairytale princess story ended and they’d ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after.
No. She no longer believed in those stories and those happy endings that only happened in books.
This is reality and reality doesn’t have any Prince Charming and Cinderella “fit the shoe on the girl’s foot and I’ll marry her”.
To her, none of that was real.
Though she believed all that would happen when she and Chase were happily flirting, it was clear to her now that would never happen. Never, never, never!
Well, that was until a week after their break up when Zoe went down to the beach and saw him. “Hey Zoë,” he said.
“Hey.”

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

booklover1212 said...
Feb. 18 at 2:53 pm
are the names based on that show zoey 101?  

ZackTheAlligatorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 8, 2013 at 7:57 am
I like it so far--one suggestion would be that in the beginning, too many of the names ended with "son". It just seemed a bit distracting to me and pulled me out of the story. Keep up the good work!

nemish23 said...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:56 am

it's perhaps a little too romantic for me, but i'm not a totally romantic type so don't trust me on that.

but i love how it's a little fairytale mixed in the modern day world and you have great potential!

i'd love to read some of your other works!

arichman40 replied...
Thank you. I know it gets a little sappy romantic, but when I write, that's how I am. Glad you enjoyed the book.