His Only Girl

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 4

“His hair was so slick, he was so dreamy,” Zoe gushed. “And dancing with him made me feel like I was in another world. He kissed my cheek, and I melted. He swept me off my feet.”
“Really?” Veronica asked. “And even though you’re saying all this, you still can’t admit you’re in love with him!!?”
“Hi Veronica, Maggie,” Chase greeted them. “Zoe.”
“Well, uh, we’ve got to go to class,” Maggie said. “Later Zoë.”
They rushed off and left Zoe and Chase standing in the hall.
“So, I came over to invite you to join me on another beach stroll,” Chase said. “Are you interested?”
“Sure,” Zoe said.
The bell rang and they both smiled, as Zoe began to head to class, but Chase pulled her back.
“Oh Chase,” she said. “What are you doing?”
With his arms around her, he whispered, “My sweet princess. Stay here, with me.”
“Oh Chase, that would be skipping class, and I’ve never skipped class before,” Zoe said. “My handsome prince, you love me and that is all I know. But we will have to wait to see each other again after the sun goes down.”
He kissed her cheek and he finally released her, watching her longingly as she began to walk down the hall and into class.
“Dude, you took Zoe to the dance, you two were crowned the Sweetheart Couple, and you two were dancing like you two were the most obvious couple in the whole room,” Andy said. “I can’t believe you still won’t tell us the truth.”
It was lunch and Matt and Andy began again.
“Yeah, she was one hot chick Ffridaynight,” Matt said. “Oh man I wish she was my date.”
“Hey, she was my date and Maggie wasn’t good enough for you?” Chase asked. “I’ll tell you guys when the time is right.”
That afternoon, Chase snuck up behind Zoe and whispered, “Guess who.”
“Hmm, Abraham Lincoln?” Zoe guessed.
“No, it’s Chase,” he said, kissing her cheek.
“I knew that,” Zoe said. “I was just playing with you.”
Another late afternoon stroll. They began to walk, as the air was cooling down making them feel a slight chill.
When Zoe shivered, Chase just said, “Oh, here. Just cozy up against me.”
Zoe nuzzled into him and Chase wrapped his arms around her and Zoe felt his body heat on her skin and she stayed by his side all the way.
Watching the sunset on the sand, Chase whispered, “Zoe, you are perfect in every way. Love is an emotion I cannot describe. But with you by my side, my words can flow and you will forever be mine.”
“Oh Chase, although I’ve always seen you as a crush, when I look in your eyes now, I see the eyes of a boyfriend I know I can trust,” Zoe said. “Love is divine and your heart will always be with mine.”
Walking back to Zoe’s place, their eyes were locked on each other’s faces and knew the present was the only thing that mattered.
Another time, Chase kissed Zoe on her cheek and watched her slowly disappear into her house.
From the living room window, Zoe watched Chase disappear in the moonlight becoming one of the shadows. Although she knew she loved him, she felt like he was trying to put her in a position she didn’t want to be in and she had to say something.

booklover1212 said...
Feb. 18 at 2:53 pm:
are the names based on that show zoey 101?  

ZackTheAlligator said...
May 8, 2013 at 7:57 am:
I like it so far--one suggestion would be that in the beginning, too many of the names ended with "son". It just seemed a bit distracting to me and pulled me out of the story. Keep up the good work!

nemish23 said...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:56 am:

it's perhaps a little too romantic for me, but i'm not a totally romantic type so don't trust me on that.

but i love how it's a little fairytale mixed in the modern day world and you have great potential!

i'd love to read some of your other works!

arichman40This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm :
Thank you. I know it gets a little sappy romantic, but when I write, that's how I am. Glad you enjoyed the book.