Those old cowboy boots

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

But I don't wanna go to grandma's and grandpa's!

"Hey, dork! You weren't here yesterday! I was worried!" Tim, my favorite bully, cornered me against a locker. "What did you bring me for lunch?" He snatched my paper bag lunch.
"P-please give it back, Tim..." I whispered.
"Please give it back, Tim." He mocked me. "Oh! A sandwich!" He pulled my sandwich out and pulled the bread apart. "Ew. Tuna." His lip curled and he rubbed it on my taped glasses. "Oops!" He giggled and walked away.
I went to the bathroom to clean my glasses up. I went to class and a girl that I had a crush on sat in front of me. She was absolutely beautiful with her long, brown curls and long eyelashes.
"H-hey, Amber..." I whispered and smiled nervously.
"Oh, um, hi... Mark." She smiled politely.
"It's Macen..." I frowned.
"Oh, sorry Macen."
"S-so... I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out after school..." I blushed.
"Oh... Sorry Mark. I'm busy with my friends." I could tell she was lying.
"It's Macen..." I whispered as she walked away.
After school, Mom and Dad were home, which was unusual for a Thursday. "What's going on?" I asked.
"You need to pack. We're staying at your grandma's and grandpa's for a few days." Mom said and smiled.
"But I don't want to go to the country! Can't I stay here?" I whined.
"You know they love to see you. Go pack a bag sweetie." Mom kissed my forehead.
I sighed and packed a bag of clothes, grumbling to myself. I hated going to my grandparents' house. There was nothing to do but sit around and look at the farm animals.
"I'm ready..." I mumbled.
"OK good. We better get a head start so we can beat traffic." My dad said and we all got in the car.
As we drove to my grandparents’ house, we passed the farm next door to them. The teenage boy was outside, working and our eyes met. He smiled and waved at me and I waved politely back. I knew the farmers next to my grandparents had a son but I had never talked to him or he had never acknowledged me before. My grandparents said he was nice but they think anyone is nice.
We arrived at my grandparents’ and I went to my guest room after kisses and hugs from them.

Readobsesion said...
OH MY GOD!!!! I love this, it's so sweet, I love it!!! I wish I had my own cowboy! This is my dream, only a boy is living it instead of me.

alwaysrealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This book is great. I like the ending so cute.

Nerdy_Jessie13 said...
I think this is a really good start for you!!!!!!!! You should keep writing!!!!!!!!!!    : )