New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

What I Lost at the Lake

Author's note: This piece was written for a short story assignment in school, but I fell in love with the piece....  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This piece was written for a short story assignment in school, but I fell in love with the piece. So much I got carried into it. This is a story that describes how even though what we perceive as being in 'like', has the possibility to turn into what we call 'love'. And how 'love' can turn into grief.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Elli.

The things I remember always were the things I wanted to forget. Still, I remember them anyway. I remember last summer. Specifically, I remember the 4th of July, and the unsuspectedly treacherous days before it. More than anything though, I remember her.
Her name was Elli-Rose Dawson, but we all called her Elli for short. She was quiet, but the sort of quiet that could turn loud or sweet or wild at any moment. Mostly though, she was quiet. She looked young and had intelligent green eyes. She seemed curious as if she were always looking for something and, every once in awhile, she would find it somewhere, someplace, in someone. Her delicate features and long wavy hair added to her seemingly ethereal look. It framed her face in a way that made her look delicate, as if she would disappear if you glanced away. She wasn’t tall but she wasn’t short. Her figure was alluring, lithe, but shapely and never seemed less then graceful. Among all the swimsuit-tanned, golden-haired trendy girls of summer, her simplistic beauty may have seemed forgotten to some.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

nemish23 said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:25 pm:

short and sweet yet very sad :(

i love it! you could stretch the story out for longer though, you know, building suspense and stuff.

xxmanziexx replied...
Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:06 pm :
Thanks so much for reading! Also, thank you for the feedback. When i get some time to work on the story i hope i can develop the characters more. Maybe then you can come check it out again! (:

Bookworm1998 said...
so sad :( this was good, though some longer chapters to support their feelings for each other would be better