I Miss You

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Your On My Mind

Do you know that saying, the one where they say "out of sight, out of mind?"
Don't believe it, its not true.
He's been on my mind since he left. He got on the train, and waved goodbye to me as the train began to move. Slowly picking up speed, getting further away.
Your probably wondering what happened. I'll tell you, it was something I didn't want to have happen, but something he had been waiting and exited for.
Graduation.
After we graduated from high school Tyler went straight to college, leaving me behind. After all we had been through he just left.
When we were kids we used to play together in our yards. Our houses were right next to each other. But now Tyler was living in a college dorm.
I wasn't planning to go to college. I was planning to open my own art studio in our small little town. I got a job at a little ice cream shop so I could save up to buy my own shop.
I walked up the porch steps of my house, I had just gotten back from my job. I got my key out and stuck it in the keyhole. The front door creaked open and I expected it to fall off its hinges. The house was dead quiet. My parents weren't home yet.
I walked up the steps of the stairs. When I reached the top I turned right and walked right into my room. I threw my backpack onto my bed and walked back out.
I ran down the stairs and out the back door. I didn't stop running until I reach the woods behind my house. It was a beautiful summer day. I took a deep breath, taking in the fresh air. I began to slowly walk in the woods. The leaves on the trees were a bright green. It was beautiful in here, so green, so open. I looked up at the bright blue sky. I laid down in the grass and watched the white clouds slowly float across the sky. I sighed.
I wish I could walk on air.
I couldn't help but think of Tyler. This was where we used to come when we studied and did our homework after school. His smile played through my mind. His lips curving up into a smile whenever I told him a joke or funny gossip from school.
Tyler and I had met when we were five. That day I had went exploring in the woods behind my house for the first time. That was when I ran into Tyler. I had hid shyly behind a tree and watched him secretly until he noticed me. He had frowned at the tree that I had been hiding behind then walked up to me with a big friendly smile. I had smiled back shyly, but stayed behind the tree. He had taken my hand and led me out from behind the tree.
Then all of a sudden we graduated and Tyler left. What had happened to all those years in between? I had been 5 years old and now I was almost 18. The years had flown by and I couldn't get them back. I had, had a crush on Tyler after just a week of being with him when we were five, but over the years my feelings grew stronger and impossible to ignore.
I loved Tyler, and there was nothing I or anyone else could do about it.
What was happening at the college Tyler was studying at?
Did he have a girlfriend? That was why I was so scared when Tyler went to college.
I was afraid that he didn't have the same feelings for me as I did for him.
What if he didn't love me?

inthecorner919 said...
I'm not trying to be mean but I think the stoyline is too predictable. I dislike the leaps in time (how did she get from the dining table to the forest? 10 year leap?). She placed her hand on his chest how many times? Finally, don't you think that 60% chance of death is a bit of an exageration. (Sorry for nit-picking. I liked it overall)

fluffy_504This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 22, 2013 at 1:44 am:
Omg soo cute. I love this short story!

natureismusic said...
Jul. 4, 2013 at 4:18 pm:
i love it!!!!! im calling the cops beacause you just stole my heart : ) shakpsere would be jealous of you.

HRose said...
Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 am:
OMG i LOVE it sooooo much!!! soo cute!!

BadGirl said...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 10:58 am:
Finally finished!!! :)

WHUT said...
POSTMOREE!

BadGirl replied...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm :

:D I will right now I'm writing it on paper so the book wont go back on the waiting list. It should be complete at the end of the week :)

Thanks for reading my book and commenting!!! :)