Morphnior

Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As confusing as it originally was, I learned to figure it out as I wrote. The only way to unlock imagination is to dream and live it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Past Love

Liz had searched for James for what seemed hours to no avail. Giving up she noticed a strange figure. He sat still, his black attire blending in with the corner wall. Liz had seen his face before, the electric seaweed eyes and narrow cheek bones. She glided up to him ready to tear him to shreds. He was about to fall prey to a dangerous firecracker. She was unstable and trying to control her shaking, confused as to if it was due to anger swelling with hate or if it was just nerves. The distance between them shortened with every step until very few feet stood as a barrier.
"Kasey," Liz sneered, "What the hell do you want now? I left you back in Komen for a reason."
"Now Liz, is that anyway to talk to me?" Kasey said tenderly putting his hand upon Liz's face, "You've always had such a way with words. Never spared the nice ones for me though, even when I loved you so much." He lightly patted her cheek. "Pity really. All the things you did for me, yet you seem to deny them all now. Why?"
"I don't want to be around you," she whispered, "Just leave me alone."
"That wasn't the question," he gripped her forearm, "I don't recall it being an option either."
"Let go of me!" Liz struggled and pulled, but Kasey was much stronger.
"Hey! Let her go now," Kasey cranked his neck to see Aaron walking up. He got louder, "I said let her go!" Aaron pushing him away from Liz. She stumbled into the wall and fell down onto the floor.
"I don't want to start anything with you," Kasey said sternly to him, "I'm just taking my girl back to her hometown where she belongs. With me."
"She isn't going any where outside these club doors with you. Liz doesn't belong in a crowd like you, hometown or not."
"You don't even know who she is. Tell him Liz, tell him who you really are and what you're really like."
"What do you mean?" Aaron asked. Liz looked up from her spot on the floor, her eyes began to swell with tears.
"You don't know anything about her," Kasey laughed, "I know her true colors. I fell in love with them."
"Love?" Liz said, "You used me, and you call that love?"
"Shut up, I didn't use you."
"Yes you did. Kasey you never loved me."
"I said shut up!" He picked Liz up by her hair and dragged her to her feet. His hand brushed swiftly accross her face. "I've always loved you and you left me! Don't tell me I never loved you." He dropped her back onto the floor and stormed out the doors of the club. Liz choked back tears and stood herself up.
"You can stay at my house tonight, my brother's out so you can use his room. We'll call your house and tell them about that guy." Aaron said wrapping his arm around her.
"Kasey." Liz said softly.
"What?"
"His name is Kasey. He was my boyfriend back in Komen."
"Liz, I think you should tell me everything. From the begining to the end."

SilverLuna said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm:
Okay, so I like the story you're writing, it reminds me vaguely of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare--except, there was a coehesive story there. I feel like I'm missing pieces and I WANT TO KNOW THOSE PIECES. We leave Liz's home town, and feel no attachment for it. You have those characters, get us interested in Kasey, and then we abandon him for the majority of the story--I want to know THAT history, because it will draw my into Liz's story. Aaron is introduced... (more »)

PaigeSmith said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:12 am:
Blueberry Punch is going to start being posted soon, most likely starting next week! It will be Aaron's side of the story, which will tie into the final novel of this trilogy :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:05 pm :
There was actually some problems with Blueberry Punch, so expect that to actually be delayed until next month. Sorry!

RoseRatchet replied...
Jan. 20 at 8:49 pm :
trilogy/ Is this the first?

Mermaidmissy said...
Wow, your story was really good. And I hope you keep on writng some more poems soon. Can you please take a look at some of my poems and book please, Thank You!! :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:14 am :
If you liked this book, the second book of the Morphnior trilogy (Blueberry Punch) should be posted by mid January!