Morphnior

Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As confusing as it originally was, I learned to figure it out as I wrote. The only way to unlock imagination is to dream and live it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next »

Blame It

Liz's ego was bruised, tossed, then dented. James had told her she had no life. That she was lifeless because all she had done for the past two weeks was hide herself inside her appartment. Liz hadn't seen the wild nightlife of Morphnior since then, therefore according to James, she had no life. That was all about to change. Liz stomped up to the star covered doors of the club and headed strait towards James.
He was in the center of the dance floor. Energy buzzed heavily in the air and hung thick like smoke. As she got closer she saw a tall, thin brunette awkwardly grinding on him. Liz pushed the girl aside making her stumble onto a nearby coupple. "Sorry about that," Liz smirked. The girl stood up, brushed herself off, then disapeared into the crowd. James scanned Liz over in disbeleif.
"Look who decided to show up," He laughed, "Haven't seen you here in a while, thought you died or had a tragic incident." He began to walk away. Liz took hold of his arm with all the force she had and kissed him with the passion one would have if the world was ending. She instantly regretted her automatic response to him walking away and decided to find a new one later. Liz went to pull herself away, but to her surprise he wouldn't let her. He pressed his lips harder into her's and wrapped his arms around her, squeezing with more and more pressure until she let out a soft gasp. Her legs gave out from beneath her at the completely wrong time, she almost fell as James let her go and jumped back. "Oh god." He said and bolted away.
"Oh god," She heard herself repeat.
*********
"Can't I just blame it on alcohol?" Liz asked sliding her hand across her forehead to remove the sweat that had collected, "I'll just say that I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing."
"There's only two problems with that Liz," Aaron cracked taking a sip from his glass, "First, Morphnior doesn't serve alcohol. Second, everyone one knows you don't drink."
"Permission to runaway then?"
"No, you can't keep running from him. Go face James and tell him." He placed a hand on her shoulder, "Own up to it."
"And if I don't?"
"I'll joing him in finding you and forcing you to do it." Liz and Aaron turned to see Crystal standing by the blue fountian's edge taking a cup, "I don't mean to sound nosey, but honestly Liz you need to do what Aaron's saying. Speaking of which, Aaron are you going to ask me to dance or sit here talking to her all night?" She thrusted her head in Liz's direction then lifted her cup to her ruby painted lips and downed the contents in one gulp.
"Yeah, let's go dance," He took her hand and went off into the mosh pit of dancers just as Animal began to blaze from the speakers. 'Here we go again, I feel the chemicals kicking in'. I wish, she murmured sipping the rest of her own drink down. 'It's gettin heavier, I wanna run and hide'. Too late for that, she laughed and ventured back onto the floor.

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

SilverLuna said...
Okay, so I like the story you're writing, it reminds me vaguely of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare--except, there was a coehesive story there. I feel like I'm missing pieces and I WANT TO KNOW THOSE PIECES. We leave Liz's home town, and feel no attachment for it. You have those characters, get us interested in Kasey, and then we abandon him for the majority of the story--I want to know THAT history, because it will draw my into Liz's story. Aaron is introduced... (more »)

PaigeSmith said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:12 am
Blueberry Punch is going to start being posted soon, most likely starting next week! It will be Aaron's side of the story, which will tie into the final novel of this trilogy :)

PaigeSmith replied...
There was actually some problems with Blueberry Punch, so expect that to actually be delayed until next month. Sorry!

RoseRatchet replied...
Jan. 20 at 8:49 pm
trilogy/ Is this the first?

Mermaidmissy said...
Wow, your story was really good. And I hope you keep on writng some more poems soon. Can you please take a look at some of my poems and book please, Thank You!! :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:14 am
If you liked this book, the second book of the Morphnior trilogy (Blueberry Punch) should be posted by mid January!