Morphnior

Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As confusing as it originally was, I learned to figure it out as I wrote. The only way to unlock imagination is to dream and live it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »

Midnight Maddness

Her heart kept pounding in her chest, threatening to explode at any second. Questions raced through her head in competition to be answered first. Why was he stolen right from around her? Did he put up a fight? Should she go back? Why did she run out of Morphnior? She collapsed down on the silver steps encrusted with glitter and engravings of stars and cried.
"Bawling your eyes out and ruining your make-up won't do you any good," said a voice softly from behind her. She turned to see Aaron standing behind her.
"Who cares? It's mostly gone anyways," Liz said whipping her eyes on the bottom of her dress, "He's busy anyways." He bent down next to her and wrapped his arms around her. She pushed him off and hastily jumped up. "I'm going home. Don't worry about me, I won't be back here for a few days. I need to forget about all this."
"At least go back in and tell him how you feel."
"I can't. I made a fool of myself in there. If anything I'll be lucky enough to get a call from him." She said then walked away into the night.
Rain began to fall as she made her way down the curving city streets. Liz tilted her head back and let the drops hit her face and soak her hair. Cars and brightly colored taxis zoomed by her in a blur. She stopped at her apartment building and waited outside before going in. Her mom was already asleep when she entered. Liz went strait to her room and flopped onto her bed staring strait into her ceiling. Buzz, buzz, buzz. She pulled her phone from her small satan purse she had been carrying and looked at the screen. JAMES was printed in bold letters. She read the message out loud, "Thanks for the dancing, I had fun." Liz felt her entire body cave in on its self.
She had never been happier than she had been while dancing with him. The way their bodies moved in perfect timing together, the trust she felt when he held her, the heat that radiated from his skin that shocked her entire body. But then again she had never felt anything like the pain of having him taken away. One moment they were the center focus of the club, the main event. The next she was a lost child in the New York Macy's who had lost their parents. She needed him. But the only problem was did he need her? She knew it would be a long, sleepless night.

SilverLuna said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm:
Okay, so I like the story you're writing, it reminds me vaguely of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare--except, there was a coehesive story there. I feel like I'm missing pieces and I WANT TO KNOW THOSE PIECES. We leave Liz's home town, and feel no attachment for it. You have those characters, get us interested in Kasey, and then we abandon him for the majority of the story--I want to know THAT history, because it will draw my into Liz's story. Aaron is introduced... (more »)

PaigeSmith said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:12 am:
Blueberry Punch is going to start being posted soon, most likely starting next week! It will be Aaron's side of the story, which will tie into the final novel of this trilogy :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:05 pm :
There was actually some problems with Blueberry Punch, so expect that to actually be delayed until next month. Sorry!

RoseRatchet replied...
Jan. 20 at 8:49 pm :
trilogy/ Is this the first?

Mermaidmissy said...
Wow, your story was really good. And I hope you keep on writng some more poems soon. Can you please take a look at some of my poems and book please, Thank You!! :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:14 am :
If you liked this book, the second book of the Morphnior trilogy (Blueberry Punch) should be posted by mid January!