New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Morphnior

Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As confusing as it originally was, I learned to figure it out as I wrote. The only way to unlock imagination is to dream and live it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

The Boy With Fair Hair

The boy perched on the silvery steps of Morphnior was no stranger to the club. He was seen dancing every night on the glowing floor, occasionally stopping only to get a sip of the bright blue drinks he seemed so fond of. His hair was blond with flecks of gold that were sprinkled here and there. His eyes shown bright under the street lights as he gazed up at Liz.
"You know if you're going to stare, try not to make it so obvious." He laughed nonchalantly. He stood up and glided over to her, towering over her. At a closer view she saw he was pale skinned under his navy shirt that matched the midnight sky. "My name is Aaron."
"Liz," she smiled and held out a hand. He laughed again and tossed his golden hair back.
"Well Liz, welcome to Morphnior. My land." Aaron outstretched his hand and took hers. For someone with such thin arms he had a lot of force behind them. He pulled Liz past the star covered doors of the club and into a world she had never seen.
Dancers that were the captured beauty only glossy magazine pages could hold were flowing in and pouring onto the dance floor. Liz caught glimpses here and there of the teenage boys being drawn in my the swirling and twisting of hips. Aaron finally stopped before three grand fountains that flowed different colors and had small cups attached to the rims. "Want some?" he asked taking from the blue fountain, "Blueberry punch." It sparkled in the glass like the morning sky meeting the ocean horizon.
"No thanks I really just came to dance," she said sheepishly. He leaned against the wall and looked longingly out onto the dance floor. "What are you watching?"
"Her," he pointed to a tall, raven haired girl in six inch heels and short black dress. Her wrist and neck clad in bright blue feathers and her short hair bouncing around her face. "Crystal always comes to this club with someone new every night. Never me, but always says hello." Aaron let out a deep sigh. Sadness sank into his bright eyes like the Titanic when it hit ice.
"Just go and ask her to dance," Liz pushed his shoulder, "What could happen?"
"I guess," he said standing up. Aaron walked onto the floor and disappeared into the mist of dancers and wasn't seen for the rest of the night.

SilverLuna said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm:
Okay, so I like the story you're writing, it reminds me vaguely of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare--except, there was a coehesive story there. I feel like I'm missing pieces and I WANT TO KNOW THOSE PIECES. We leave Liz's home town, and feel no attachment for it. You have those characters, get us interested in Kasey, and then we abandon him for the majority of the story--I want to know THAT history, because it will draw my into Liz's story. Aaron is introduced... (more »)

PaigeSmith said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:12 am:
Blueberry Punch is going to start being posted soon, most likely starting next week! It will be Aaron's side of the story, which will tie into the final novel of this trilogy :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:05 pm :
There was actually some problems with Blueberry Punch, so expect that to actually be delayed until next month. Sorry!

RoseRatchetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 20 at 8:49 pm :
trilogy/ Is this the first?

Mermaidmissy said...
Wow, your story was really good. And I hope you keep on writng some more poems soon. Can you please take a look at some of my poems and book please, Thank You!! :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:14 am :
If you liked this book, the second book of the Morphnior trilogy (Blueberry Punch) should be posted by mid January!