Damned Forever

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Next »

Chapter 3

I met John at the hospital, telling him I might be away for a few days.
"Why?" his eyes were focused on a sheet in front of him as we stood in a patients room, the patient was pretending to be asleep but he was actually listening to what we were saying, so I said.
"I'm going hunting for vampires" John dropped the clip board in horror and the little boy shot up immediately
"Really!" he shouted at the same time as John saying "You're what!" obviously John didn't know the boy was listening as he retrieved the clipboard and straightened up his coat. I turned to the little boy whose bright brown eyes shone with excitement
"I am. Do you know what Vampires love to eat?" I asked, the boy nodded
"Everyone knows! Vampires love blood!" he bounced, I chuckled and smiled at John who had a disproving loOK on his aging face as he knew what I was going to say
"True, but vampires love the blood of little boys that don't take their tablets" I said indicating the untouched white tablets on the bedside table. Instantly the tablets were scooped up and the boy swallowed them whole
"Now, when I tell you they're good for you, you won't touch them" John shoOK his head
"Well that was before I found out vampires will EAT ME!" the little boy shouted making me burst out into a fit of laughter, the little boy just stared at me with wide eyes as John ushered me out of the room and into the white hallway as a short girl with long rippling black hair that reached her delicate elbows, her eyes were a light blue on a pale face. The girl loOKed like she just stepped out of Underworld with her large combat boots and all black attire. Tight fitting black jeans and a small halter-neck top made her bust large and perfect
"Annie, I didn't think you were coming back till Tuesday" John said loOKing at the beautiful girl no older than me. Her voice was harmonic as she replied
"Timmy wanted to see me" she smiled brightly at John then weaved past him gracefully and entered the patients room of the little boy that I'd just scared. I stood confused for a moment, I'd seen her somewhere before but I couldn't remember where, it definitely wasn't at school, she was too gorgeous for our dumb class. I settled for paranoia and was on my way back to the car, John called after me but I didn't hear it right, he could have said a number of things and I still would be wrong.

It was raining that night, I found no comfort in my bed or anywhere in the house that use to hold familiarity, now it felt like I was in a strangers house. John was sound asleep in his bed and I walked downstairs, checking the clock on the wall above the kitchen bench. Three am. Great, now I was losing sleep, though I didn't really feel tired; I grabbed a box of Cheerios and settled in the lounge room, the TV was on low so only I could hear. It was just advertisements, Jessica Simpson was selling some facial product when I finally fell asleep. But, it wasn't for long until the nightmares returned.

Hill Crest. The mansion was old but it was graceful in a way, its paint was peeling and some windows were cracked. I walked toward the house and opened the double door, two men, both identical, even down to the black business suit and the curl in their dirty blond hair met me near the stairs that curled around the mansions interior. Both smiled and seized my arms and pulled me up the stairs to the second floor, hunger floated in their eyes as fear rushed through mine. They pulled me up another flight of stairs and then down a long corridor only to turn three doors in; Doom stood waiting, his eyes gentle and terrifying as he smiled beautifully at me
"Leave us" he ordered the men, they both released me, turned and left as Doom walked to me. His hand already extended, when he was close enough, he brushed a strand of hair from my face then leaned forward and kissed my forehead, or he went to for I jerked back abruptly, not wanting contact. He wasn't offended by the gesture, he merely leaned back and smiled at me
"Of course, our last encounter wasn't so...pleasant." he spOKe gently, his breath was intoxicating as it touched my lips and toyed on my tongue, I ignored it as best I could "I apologize. I had to be sure you, were really you" he loOKed deep into my eyes as if there were some bond holding him there, I finally found my voice
"What do you want from me?" it didn't seem the right question to ask but he smiled and answered
"Tomorrow, there will be a pearl white, two pack, T-80 Massarati, waiting in your school car park. I want you to get in that car and drive it over the border, a guard will meet you there, have your passport. When you come to a fork in the road, go left and follow it all the way, keep going until you reach the manor" his voice was low, it was an order not a suggestion.
"Why?" I questioned, stepping away, he caught my movement and stepped forward only to appear behind me, his arms on my shoulders and his voice tickling my ear
"You want to meet me, right?" he whispered seductively, I found myself nodding, his chest was pressed against my back, his strong hands smoothly moved up and down my biceps in a soothing motion, almost massaging. Then his hands moved to my shoulders and he squeezed them gently
"Get into that car and drive. I'll meet you here, at the manor" he said moving his hands to my neck where he moved my hair to the side and leaned down, I flinched
"Please." I whispered
"Shh" he hushed gently "I won't bite you, I know you are you" he kissed my neck so gently, I shivered, his lips were cold but they were soft and smooth.
"Stop" I gasped as he nibbled my neck gently; I stepped away from him impatiently "you're not real!" Doom smiled as I stared at him
"I am. But, I can...enter your dreams and visions" he said simply
"How?" I demanded, suddenly angry, his face fell into a frown
"I can't tell you" he said, I sighed deeply
"Fine. Where will the car keys be?" I asked, annoyed.
A smile formed on his face. "Under the front-right tire" I nodded and, then, the vision ended.

The morning news had stared when I opened my eyes, I quickly got to my feet and ran upstairs, almost running into John
"Whoa! Where are you going in such a rush?" he chuckled
"I have to go. I...I don't know when I'll be back. I love you" I said quickly kissing his cheek and then running into my room. I threw the door closed and rushed to my closet, I grabbed the closest bag I could and threw in anything and everything I could fit in it. I rushed to my cupboard, grabbing my small photo boOK and underwear and threw them in as well, I grabbed two pairs of shoes from under my bed and threw them in, the I grabbed my wallet and passport and threw them in as well. I pulled on a pair of jeans under my over sized red-flannel shirt and pulled on my sneakers; I zipped the bag shut, slung it onto my shoulder and ran out of the house, repeating
"I love you!" to John until he couldn't hear me as I ran down the street as fast as my legs could carry me.

As Doom said, a pearl white, two pack, T-80 Massarati, at least, I guessed it was seeing as it was the only car in the lot. Most students walked to school and four guys had already crowded around it, I quickly rushed toward it, seeing the note under the windscreen wiper. I scooped it up, beautiful handwriting was scrawled across the page For my Angel. Love D.H. I didn't stop, shoving the note in my jeans I rushed to the right wheel and crouched down, hurriedly feeling around for the keys, my hands struck freezing metal and I jumped up and rushed to the drivers side. I jammed the keys into the door and opened the door, threw my bag in the back and got in
"Hey! Harper!" someone shouted, I loOKed up to see Josh Michaels from my third period History class
"Josh, I'm in a hurry" I said quickly
"Is this your car?" he asked
"No, I'm technically stealing it." I said and started the engine. The thing purred to life, I threw it in reveres and sped out of the car park, the tires screeching loudly on the road as I spun around, changed gear and sped off, way over the speed. I headed south, for the boarder; I felt like crying, the thought of John being alone for god knows how long. We were all we had left, mum had left us and then she was killed, I hadn't seen that either, I lost the two most important people of my life within a year and now John, my goofy, friendly and amazing dad, was all I had left. I brOKe into tears and stomped my foot on the break, the car came to a screeching halt and I hammered my palm against the steering wheel, screaming and crying; a cell phone's ring brOKe through the silence and I started searching around, I pulled open the glove compartment to find a silver mobile, ringing. I pulled it out, flipped it open and placed it to my ear reluctantly
"H-hello?" I sniffled
"Don't cry. It hurts to see you cry" Doom's voice was so gentle and concerned, like...like how Greg use to speak to me when I was crying.
"Why do you care!" I snapped in a fit of rage
"Please, Halo. We will speak when you arrive, I promise, just keep driving" he whispered ever so gently, I almost believed he really cared about me crying
"How do you know I'm crying?" I asked loOKing around, his chuckle brOKe through the phone
"LoOK up" I loOKed up to see a small camera hidden under the ceiling fabric "it just to make sure you're OK. We've also put a tracking device in the car and phone" I quickly snapped the phone shut and threw it back into the glove compartment. I put the car in gear and toOK off again, wiping the tears from my eyes.

Jaguar17 said...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 am:
WOW! love it, seriosly, write fast! If I don't read the next book soon I will die!

DEROSSETT said...
THis is like amazing.  I will be looking for the sequal.  write fast:)

DanielleMitchell said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:40 am:
Yes sorry about the mistakes, when the spell check was going through it was changing everything throughout the chapters, so I'm going to have to go through it again and fix everything. I'm sorry for the inconvinence. :)

ButterflyKiss said...
Oh my GOD. You had me hooked at the first chapter! I find your idea refreshing from all the boring vampire stories piled up on my shelf. :) Five stars!

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:58 am:

I've only read up to chapter 6, but I'm loving it! The only criticism is that you seem to be missing a lot of punctuation, and all the "ook" verbs "look, book..." are messed up "loOK, boOK...", and you have a few spelling mistakes ("shutter" for "shudder"...).

But the story is amazing. Keep writing!

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:59 am :
("reflex" for "reflects")

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:00 am :
Question: doesn't black absorb sunlight and white reflect it?

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:08 am :
Hm... you have a couple run-on sentences...

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:29 am :
The plot has a lot of twists and turns... first Halo is crying, helpless, with the vampires... suddenly she's cheeky, courageous, and she's a werewolf campaigning against her fianceĢ...

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:37 am :
Wait-- what happened between chapter 14 and 15? First she's cradling the little angel-baby in her arms, and then she's jumping off a cliff...

DanielleMitchell said...
haha, that's sweet. and im working on it as we speak :)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm :
I didn't read the entire thing, but what I thought was good. "My soul was back in my posession, but not in my body." I really liked that. =)

Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm :
My previous comment should read, I didn't read the whole thing, but what I did read was good. I mistyped the first one. Anyway, 5 stars. =)

CresentShadowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I need more! (: