Damned Forever

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18

Epilouge

An ice cave. Brilliantly lit by shinning jewels that were embedded into walls, each one of then an Angel Stone; in the centre of the cave laid a silver and gold goblet, large golden wings wrapped around it until the longest feathers touched, just barely. In the heart of the goblet, was blood. I glanced down to see my hand was cut open and bleeding; I extended my other hand, in it laid my Angel Stone. The chain dangled daintily from my finger tips but before I could place it in the cup, a horrific
*this is the prologue to the sequel 'Northern Lights On A Half Breeds Skin' which will be completed shortly*
scream echoed through the cave, shaking it. I turned to see Tanner lying on the ground, in his hand was a green Angel Stone. His skin discoloured and his veins darkening and something slithering through his skin toward his eyes; when it reached them, his eyes turned completely dark and he began to shed dark crimson tears. Garret stood by in horror, unable to breathe or react. He tried to reach for Tanner but I warned him
"Touch him you die. The poison will infect you" my voice was level and almost uncaring. I turned back to the blood-filled goblet and careful dropped the amulet into it, without it splashing.
"Mum." I whispered, she was more beautiful than I remembered and her voice was more gentle and musical than my memory had recollected. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around her, holding her tightly; her arms encased me as she leaned down and kissed my head.
"What is this place?" I whispered
"It's called Angels Summon. I will tell you more, when you come and find me. Hurry, you only have until tonight, until the Northern lights touch the mountain. The mountains cave will take you a few hours to find but you must hurry. So, wake up" she took hold of my arms and shook me "wake up!"

I ran around along the ice; mountains reaching up in the distance. A blizzard ripping through my clothing and almost knocking me off my feet; I pushed through it and looked behind me, Garret and Tanner followed behind with just as much trouble as I did.
"Move it!" I shouted, the sun was setting and the Aurora or Northern Lights would begin to show as soon as the sun was gone. We only had a few minutes until we ran out of time; Garret caught up and using his nose, flicked me onto his back. I held onto his fur as he gained speed toward the mountains as they got closer; I looked toward the sky
"We're running out of time!" I shouted through the storm, Garret launched himself and ran faster; the mountains entrance was only a few feet away, Garret came to a skidding stop, with such force that I couldn't hold on. I flew off, hitting the ice harshly. I didn't stop; I got to my feet and ran into the mountains cave
"Halo! Wait" Garret called but I couldn't stop as I ran down into the darkness, practically skipping as I tried to find gripping on the dirt, behind me I could hear the werewolves' heavy footsteps as I turned into another cave. Brilliant lights lit up the cave and almost blinded me
"What are these?" Tanner awed, taking in the gems embedded in the walls that lit up the cave
"They're Angel Stones....my vision was right, this is an Angels Summon" my heart began beating in excitement as I rushed forward. The silver and gold goblet sat in the centre of a large stone pillar that rose up; I reached into my jacket and pulled out my necklace, it too was illuminated by the odd aura that circled the cave. I glanced back at Garret and Tanner; they touched the walls
"Don't remove them." Tanner flinched back "only an angel can remove them, if anyone else tries, they die a very slow and painful death" Tanner stared at me with a curious expression
"How do you know that?" he asked
"My vision, you took it in my vision last night" I shuddered at the memory of his bleeding eyes. Tanner stepped away with Garret beside him
"So, what exactly are we doing here?" Garret asked, looking around and the beautifully lit room, new colours began to weave through and shine on their skin; I turned back to the goblet, unclipping my necklace and holding it by the chain
"I'm hoping, to summon my mum, where ever she may be" I said; I reached into my pocket and grabbed the small dagger Dean had given me before I left. With it, I cut across my palm and watched my blood spill into the goblet. When it was full I placed the amulet into the goblet. My vision repeated itself. The blood burst into light, I looked up to where the light reached to see the blinding light; the cave became suddenly encased in mist, I wasn't able to see anything around me, all except the light that was before me. I continued to look up until I saw a golden light flutter down toward the goblet; I took three steps backward as the light took shape of a tall, thin woman in white. Large white wings extended from her back and something shone above her crown of long midnight hair. Her skin was ivory and her beautiful lavender-blue eyes shone like stars against her ivory skin.
"Haliana" her voice sung to me. "You have found me" a smile formed across her ruby lips, she opened her arms; tears formed in my eyes
"Haliana" her voice sung to me. "You have found me" a smile formed across her ruby lips, she opened her arms; tears formed in my eyes.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18

Jaguar17 said...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 am:
WOW! love it, seriosly, write fast! If I don't read the next book soon I will die!

DEROSSETT said...
THis is like amazing.  I will be looking for the sequal.  write fast:)

DanielleMitchell said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:40 am:
Yes sorry about the mistakes, when the spell check was going through it was changing everything throughout the chapters, so I'm going to have to go through it again and fix everything. I'm sorry for the inconvinence. :)

ButterflyKiss said...
Oh my GOD. You had me hooked at the first chapter! I find your idea refreshing from all the boring vampire stories piled up on my shelf. :) Five stars!

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:58 am:

I've only read up to chapter 6, but I'm loving it! The only criticism is that you seem to be missing a lot of punctuation, and all the "ook" verbs "look, book..." are messed up "loOK, boOK...", and you have a few spelling mistakes ("shutter" for "shudder"...).

But the story is amazing. Keep writing!

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:59 am :
("reflex" for "reflects")

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:00 am :
Question: doesn't black absorb sunlight and white reflect it?

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:08 am :
Hm... you have a couple run-on sentences...

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:29 am :
The plot has a lot of twists and turns... first Halo is crying, helpless, with the vampires... suddenly she's cheeky, courageous, and she's a werewolf campaigning against her fiancé...

Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:37 am :
Wait-- what happened between chapter 14 and 15? First she's cradling the little angel-baby in her arms, and then she's jumping off a cliff...

DanielleMitchell said...
haha, that's sweet. and im working on it as we speak :)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm :
I didn't read the entire thing, but what I thought was good. "My soul was back in my posession, but not in my body." I really liked that. =)

Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm :
My previous comment should read, I didn't read the whole thing, but what I did read was good. I mistyped the first one. Anyway, 5 stars. =)

CresentShadowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I need more! (: