Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > That Summer

That Summer

Alantis
That Summer
Summary: Everything in life has been plain and boring for high-school junior Jess Hinshaw. Nothing to special has ever happened to her or in her life. Then one day she meets the handsome stranger in the record store named Gabe.
She and Gabe start off as just talking about every kinds of music there is. They talk about there favorites and all the kinds they hate. Jess starts to understand that maybe they could be more.
Once Jess and Gabe starts getting closer to Gabe she senses something is off about him. He doesn't seem the same as everyone. She rarely See's him in the day. Never See's him eat. She starts to wonder what is he...?

Dalia... said...
MY GOD THIS IS SOOOO GOODDD!!!! I couldn't keep my eyes of the the pages. You are very creative and talented. Please do not stop writing and keep up the good work! And also please please make a part 2 to this!!! Thank you :)

jadepotter said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:18 am:
it's nothing like twilight, i think the only thing it has in common is a vampire and human falling in love and that's been used many times. it's not the story line you use, it's how you use it...i think Alantis did very well...i love it...it's really neat.

Alantis said...
Thankyou tons. :) I really love this Gabe and Jess are like my babys and I love both their personalitys and I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Epictacoqueen said...
I really liked it..... Ummm I wouldn't say its like twilight i think its better for 1 gabe doesnt sparkle hes much better of a person and another thing Gabe did not stare at her like he was going to kill her lol and  Jess isnt a big clutsy stupid person :)

Alantis said...
Sorry i know my grammer has a lot of mistakes but, i have been writing this in my spare time and don't have a ton of time to go over and over it. As i said to someone in my earlier comment Twilight was my insperation and i'm not ashamed it's a lot like it. Yes it's like it in lots of ways but it is also very different. And as for my dialogue I made it that way because I like it. Maybe my book isn't for you if you find so much distaste in it.

CarrieAnn13 said...

Well, I'm sorry I gave you an honest critique.  In your thread, you asked for people's opinions and I gave you mine.  As it stands, you still need to give me feedback on three more of my pieces.

I realize you may not have much time to go over your work, but why submit something if you know it's not your best?  Editing is hard, yes, but it is also necessary.

"Maybe my book isn't for you if you find so much distaste in it."

... (more »)

SilverBandit said...
Reminds me alot of twilight. Good story, just a few grammar mistakes. Keep writing!

Alantis replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:52 pm :
Thanks. Twilight was kinda my reason behind my story. :)

AngelOfDarkness replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:09 am :
Well, I like it way better than Twilight. That's a plus. Keep writing. And Carrie, could you critique my story, Cirque de Horror? :)

Alantis replied...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 3:45 pm :
Thank you bunches AngelOfDarkness. :)