Climbing Back Up Everest

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 1

Because falling sucks. It’s almost as bad the rain dripping from leaky pipes in the middle of the night, a constant reminder of not being able to sleep or that your in the midst of a horror film.

And because love sucks. All those stolen kisses and secret hugs in the dark corners of the living room, all those hormonal impulses and electric feelings.

Because falling hurts and because you can’t climb as high as you were before.

I fell hard. I fell from goddamn Everest. It’s hard to climb a giant twice, it’s even worse when you don’t care if you can’t.

Most people have footholds on the way up or one of those foreign guys telling you not to step somewhere. Most people have ready-bake-oven moms and infomercial dads. They might even have a brother or two to ward you off the cliffs when they seem oh, so tempting to walk off of.

I didn’t have that.

I had mom and dad and a dead brother.

I also had an alcoholic mom; a role model that came home wasted off her rocker and would walk around mumbling s*** in Chinese.

My dad joined forces with her, abusive and a drug addict, he was the one scratching at his skin and make weird faces in the mirror, while I silently took his hard punches in the stomach.

My brother died in a car crash.

I think I died in it too.

RoseRatchet said...
Jan. 20 at 7:58 pm:
Your writing style isnt bad but your characters and plot need work

Dalia... said...
WHERE IS THE REST??!!! AHHHH this is soooo gooddddd!!!! OMG you are an AMAZING writer I have read like 3 of your things...two books and one article...in one day without stoping!! This is Amazing...are you going to write anymore??!!! Please do...because as you can see everyone loves this book. :)

Freckles3 said...
Um, hello? What happens next??? Where is chapter 12? It can't end like this, I need more! Ahh! It is so good! 

Country_Storm_Inspired said...
ahhh i need more!!!!!! it was AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!!!

Drive_it_home_with_one_headlight replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:15 pm :
Thank you!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 6:37 pm:
I read this before and meant to post a comment... I guess I forgot. But I came back to it--this is really good, though a bit confusing at first, since the format of every other chapter changed. But I caught on to it. :) You should definitely continue this. I love the concept, and the writing's good. :)

Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:18 pm :
Thanks so much! I have a few more chapters coming

MissDarkCross said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 2:33 pm:

Loved the ending. Hah.

I really like your story. I hope you still like mine!.. Finally your story is done pending. I was checking every other day or so. :3

Please write more.

<3

Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:19 pm :
Thanks! I have another one coming out that I can't remember if I mentioned before or not. THIS TIME it will be Will & Grace: A Mob Story (draft #2). And more chapter to come!

MissDarkCross replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm :
Aww okay <3