The Age Of Love (Revised)

Author's note: To start off, this story I posted a while back ago..I wanted to try to fix my mistakes since I'm...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: To start off, this story I posted a while back ago..I wanted to try to fix my mistakes since I'm a perfectionist..(It's not finished yet)I know this is an off subject but I wanted to write about this.

I hope you like it, please comment XD  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Violet's POV

9 years later

“Violet! Would you come out for gods sake!” My mother exclaimed. I was hiding away again, like usual when mother and father fight, my mom believes I'm to old for this but I do it anyway. I folded my legs up to my chest, as I wiped my tears. I heard my mom pull on the attic door handle, but I was sitting in the corner of the attic. With an old dresser over the attic's small opening, I heard slamming of doors, and my mother's loud sobbing. I just don't understand why they won't get a divorce. They have been fighting since I was five, I just want them to stop.

Perhaps they will stop fighting for my birthday, which is this Friday. I can hope, but I'm pretty sure that they won't. They don't give a s*** about what I feel, they don't think I recognize there messed up relationship? I've recognized there screwed up relationship ever since I was old enough to walk. I heard silence finally, and I decided to get up and stretch my legs I've been hiding up here for about an hour and a half. I do this pretty much every night, until my babysitter more like my best friend comes over. He's the only reason I smile anymore, I pushed the large dresser off the attic opening, I lift up the little door, and slid down falling to the ground under me but landing on all fours. I giggled , I'm like a cat. I walked into the living room, I stopped in the door way, there he was sitting on the couch filling out papers, probably his lawyer cases he's checking up on, he was sitting sideways on the couch his dress shirt all wrinkly in the front, he ran his fingers threw his long brown hair, as he raised his eyebrow and flipped over the paper to read the back. I leaned up against the door frame, staring. I finally coughed to alert him, he quickly glanced towards the hall he saw me and rolled his eyes.

“Violet, why do you always do that?” He asked, leaning back on the couch, looking extremely exhausted.

“Do what?” I replied, walking in the living room plopping down beside him.

“Sneaking up on me like that.” He said smoothly. He looked over at me, staring into my eyes which made me look away instantly. He coughed, and got up from the couch.

“Billy?!” I called out more desperate than expected. He turned eyebrow raised.

“Why do you look at me the way you do?” I asked curiously. He instantly denied what he recently just did, which I really thought was bull s***, why couldn't he tell me the truth? I really couldn't understand his reasoning, but he made himself sound convincing, with him being an attorney in all, but he can't fool me, I know him to well.

“ Are you coming over for my birthday, Friday?” I asked.

“Well of course, why wouldn't I?” He replied sitting down next to me, he leaned back, I scooted over so he could lay down. I also laid down, placing my legs over his, like we usually do after my parents leave, to go out at night.
I don't understand why they do, they hate each other. I think they go out to get drunk, and hook up with some other desperate person, which is extremely idiotic. I feel closer to Billy, than I have ever been with any other person.

“I really wish they would stop fighting.” I whispered as I sat up. I looked over at Billy, he brushed his hair out of his face, his brown eyes searching mine, they were large and he had long eyelashes which were very dark and I found them very feminine but very attractive.

“ I know, I've tried talking to them but they never listen. They never have Violet.” He spoke shaking his head in disapproval. My eyes started to tear up, and I really felt horrible. I ran my finger tips up my sleeve, over my bony wrist. Thinking of what would happen if I just ended everything, before things got any worse, but I quickly washed that thought away when I felt Billy put his arm around me, pulling me in for a long hug. I felt my body shake as I started crying, crying into the corner of his warm neck. I felt hopeless, I really did.

After a while of talking with Billy ,I finally felt better again and I didn't want him to leave tonight, I don't know why but I just want him here.
“Billy, could you stay the night?” I asked. He looked at me, shocked by my question. I suddenly felt embarrassed. Maybe that sounded off, I thought.

“Well, why? I don't need to be here any longer once your parents get home.” He responded, getting up from the couch. I quickly, did to and grabbed his wrist, looking into his eyes as I said,

“Please, I'd like to know that your here. It makes me feel safe.” I said softly, searching his brown eyes for the reply that I wanted.

“ Your father will keep you safe.” He spoke. He walked passed me, and made his way down the hall. I stood there, staring at him as he walked away.

I was laying in my bed, it was about two in the morning I felt exhausted, but my eyes were wide open, staring at the old white ceiling, above me. I felt like an idiot for asking Billy to stay the night, it sounded odd to ask someone, especially since he's at least 27 or so. I turned over on my side, I saw a shadow under the crack of my door. I wonder whats going on out there, but I didn't care enough to go see. I didn't hear them fighting, so I figured everything was okay. I laid on my back once again and stared at the ceiling once more, my eyes started to hurt and I began to feel tired. I rubbed my eyes, with my fingers as I once again thought of Billy. I always think about Billy before I go to bed, I don't know why I just do, and I don't think about any other guy. I don't find any guy at my school attractive, there all such ass holes and I'm not really into the guys who smoke and skate board. I'm the odd girl, that guys just seem to over look, which doesn't bother me. I like to be alone anyway, the only time I don't want to be alone is when I'm with Billy. I smiled, thinking of his brown eyes and the way his dark hair falls into his face. The way we kindly argue over his court cases, when he tells me about them and we go over them together. Now I'm suddenly missing him, and I wonder if he misses me. I quickly realized that he wouldn't miss me, I'm a 14 year old. I closed my eyes, and tried my hardest to sleep. After a while, I heard rain start to hit the roof softly, I smiled as I remembered both Billy and I love the rain.

I awoke to screaming and yelling, I quickly checked to see what time it was, what the hell? No one even woke me up for school. I instantly was in a bad mood, like almost every morning. Once again this week, I missed my bus. I'll be walking to school today, which will make me even more late for school today, and hopefully I won't get detention. I jumped out of bed, and I quickly slipped on a old
pair of black sweat pants, I slipped on a sweat shirt. I made my way down the hall to our small bathroom, I stared at myself in the mirror, hoping to see some kind of change in me, once again I still look like a little girl. Flat chested, wavy hair and fairly large hips. I squeezed some tooth paste on my tooth brush, and took my time to brush my teeth. I spit, and rinsed my mouth. I brushed my hair and pulled it up in a crappy pony tail. I left the bathroom, as I slowly made my way down stairs. I stopped at the end of the stairs, to look out and see what mom and dad were doing.
They were actually having sex on the couch, and it really made me feel like getting sick so they hate each other, yet they feel the need to screw each other? I decided to go back up stairs and just sneak out of my window to get to school. I quickly went back up stairs to my bedroom, I slowly opened my window. I made my way out slowly. I sat on the window sill, it was a chilly day in October and I jumped and grabbed a thick tree branch. I flipped my leg over to sit on it, and I sat there for a minute, I really didn't want to go to school today.

I started to shimmy my way down the large oak tree, I almost reached the bottom when I heard someone yell my name, it startled me and I lost balance and let go of the tree I fell to the ground with a large thump, It knocked the wind out of me.
“What the hell?!” I exclaimed. I couldn't look to see who it was,the sun was blinding me, and my back was killing me.

“Watch your mouth sprite!” I heard a familiar voice say, and I saw Billy appear above me. I smiled, what was he doing here? He gave me his hand, and he quickly without any effort pulled me up. I brushed myself off, my hair was In my face he moved closer to me, which made me blush. I tried not to look at him in the face, he brushed my hair out of my face. We looked at each other, he stared into my eyes, almost like he was searching for something it felt like eternity when I finally looked away.

“I'm going to be late for school, could you take me please?” I asked.

“Sure, I'll take you.” He replied. I made my way over to his old jeep, I quickly got inside, fastening my seat belt waiting for him to appear from the other side. This is the first time he's taken me to school, it made me feel really shy, I'm in his car and everything, made me feel like I was going on my first date or something. He opened the door, and got inside fastened his seat belt he glanced over at me, and smiled. He was dressed in his suit, his hair was brushed and gelled back, for once he actually looked put together, I laughed.

“What?! Making fun of my hair? You don't like my style?” He said laughing with me. I smiled at him.

“This is the first time I actually saw you all dressed up for work.” I confessed. He smirked, not responding. I told him how to get to my school and we were silent pretty much all the way there, a couple of times I glanced over at him without him noticing, and when he does catch me looking at him, he just smiles.

“You know, it doesn't give a good impression to be late for school.” He spoke with authority . I glanced over him, and shrugged.

“Oh well, maybe if my mom would wake me up in the morning I'd be fine. Aren't you going to be late for work?” I added.

“ I have my own law firm, I come in when I want.” He replied smirking. I rolled my eyes.

“Why did you come over anyway, you never got to mention why?” I questioned.

“Oh, I was coming over to see your mom and dad to see if they were alright. I'm surprised they haven't murdered each other yet.” He replied.

“Oh, there a bipolar couple. One minute there fighting,the next there full out having sex on the couch.” I whispered looking out the window. I looked back at him and he almost choked on his coffee.

“They did what?!” He exclaimed.

“You heard me.” I murmurer.

“They really don't know how to be presentable adults.” He said. I looked over at him. At least he agrees with me, well Billy, and Grandma J also agrees with me. I don't understand why they won't just get a divorce. I can handle it, I'm pretty mature for my age. He pulled up to my school, on my way out I smiled and told him thank you.

I made my way up James view High, I was pretty late, so I figured I'd have detention after 9th period today. I made my way inside, bunches of teenagers busting there asses to get to class, guys trying to flirt with girls, and couples making out in the hallway, a usual thing at James View High. I felt shy, and out of place like usual. I brushed my long hair behind my ear as I looked down at my slip on black shoes, with red roses on the top. I made my way towards the schools office. I walked up to the secretary at the desk, her face grim as usual.

“Late? I really don't understand how you kids get to school so late, you don't have any other place to be, but school.” She complained, and she also said some other things but I just tuned her out, probably like every other student in this place. She finally filled me out a late slip, and she said the next time I'll have detention, plus I'll have to deal with Mr. Price, oh how terrifying I thought as I made my way to my first class.

I was passing notes with my friend Annabelle , we were sitting in Biology, and Mr. Randell was talking about the cells, and I already new about all of this. Annabel, wrote to me talking about how she wants to sleep over on my birthday, and she also thinks it's stupid that I'm not having a party, I wrote back saying no, my parents were still fighting, and I don't like parties. After that,
Mr. Randell caught us passing notes and he tried to catch me off guard by asking me a question.

“Why Violet, could you tell me what phase comes after Prophase?”

“That would be Metaphase Mr. Randell.” I said smartly. He narrowed his eyes and turned back around to continue with his lesson. Annabel smiled at me and rolled her eyes, she wouldn't know how to answer that but what can I say? I know my stuff.

I was waiting for my mother to pick me up after school, I hope she won't be late this time. I checked my watch, she should be coming I thought hopeful. I saw a big group of Seniors, and Juniors pile out of the school laughing and giggling. I'm a freshmen and the Seniors and Juniors at my school are usually nice, I never met a nice not a pig, Senior boy though. I was glancing over at them, when I saw one boy that seemed different from the rest. He was sitting on a step reading, a Stephen King novel, I smiled at the though of a guy who actually like's to read something that I like. I was about to turn away, when he looked up and saw me, he smiled as he got up, making his way towards me.

ShadowOnMyHeart said...
Not bad so far, but it is kinda strange that a 27yr old likes 16yr old. 

julialove94 replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 6:41 pm :
But trust me, it happens :/

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 11:24 am :
It does.. it doess.

BehindClosedDoors said...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:39 am:

Have to agree with some of the other people, saw a couple spelling errors and some grammar errors, but nothing you can't fix with editing, right?

Also Billy is 19, he would notice that Violet was a pretty little girl, but not necessarily how he would notice a girl his age. Not to offend you, but it feels unrealistic that he would think of her that way. Other than that I like the idea of the story and it has great potential. I'm of to chapter two now!(:

Hope I could... (more »)

Bookworm1998 said...
OMG! WORST PLACE 2 STOP! great work and i love this story! watch the grammar, though, and it would be amazing!!! please hurry or i will surely die! :)

animalluvr4evrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 11:30 am:
Oh my gosh.  This is the best story I have read on here!  I need more soon!  Please write more soon! :D

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:49 pm :
That's surprising, but thank you! I am. I just finished another chapter today.

julialove94 said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 12:37 am:
Your story caught my attention because of the title. I figured it would be about an older guy falling in love with a way younger girl before I even read the caption. And I love it, because, sad to say, I sort of know exactly what Violet is going through. Keep writing more! I'd love to continue to read it :)

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 2:31 pm :
I wanted to write something like this for so long.. I love to go out of range with my ideas, I don't like the typical story.. I'm happy you like it! & I will write more.

julialove94 replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 6:39 pm :
Same here. I've written some pretty out of the ordinary stories myself haha. Good :)

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 11:23 am :

Which one's your favorite? I'll read it :3

I'm obsessed with reading.

julialove94 replied...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:58 am :
Lol my favorite of mine is Stuck Between Two, the out of the ordinary one is The Future Can Change With One Letter

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:49 pm :

I will read them! :3

I don't know which one first, but I'll read them. Lol <3

Mermaidmissy said...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:13 am:
Good Luck!! And take a look at my book please and tell me what you think please. :) 

MissDarkCross replied...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 4:17 pm :
Okay :3 I will.

Mermaidmissy said...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 9:50 am:
I really love ths story so much. Keep up the good work, and write some more pages to please. Oh can you look at some of my poems please. :)

MissDarkCross replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 4:16 pm :

Alright.. When I get time I will :3

& Sure!

EbbaRose said...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:55 am:
This is really very good!! your grammer  and tenses need a little work but the story's great, can't wait to read more!!! :)

blakrose said...

please write more!!!!!!

i love this and i cant wait to read more...im in suspence....MUST READ MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:53 am:
I would love to continue reading this. The story and the plot itself is very intriguing, and a bit weird at the same time. But I do love what you have going here. The writing could be fixed up. Like CarrieAnn13 mentioned, you should probably work a bit on the grammar and some past/present tense errors. I really do like this, though. Keep writing it! :)