New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Age Of Love (Revised)

Author's note: To start off, this story I posted a while back ago..I wanted to try to fix my mistakes since I'm...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: To start off, this story I posted a while back ago..I wanted to try to fix my mistakes since I'm a perfectionist..(It's not finished yet)I know this is an off subject but I wanted to write about this.

I hope you like it, please comment XD  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

POV-Billy ;D

I was awaken with a strong smell of butter and pancakes. It reminded me of when I was dating Sara, she always made me pancakes. I sighed and closed my eyes, rubbed the lids with my fingertips and tried my best to fall back to sleep. I hate memories, especially about her.

“Billy! You up? It's time for to eat up ,we are leaving for work in 10 minutes.” Adam exclaimed.

“Ugh, alright.” I replied. I don't usually eat break fest, only when I'm really truly hungry, today I'm not. I walked over towards there table, Kim was looking very nice this morning, with her hair pulled back with black chop sticks in her hair, she always liked putting her hair up like that. She wore a black tank top with a gray vest, with a tight mini skirt, which obviously Adam didn't like her wearing. Adam was filling a dish full with scrambled eggs, pancakes, and buttered toast for me. He grabbed me a fork and made his way towards the table, he plopped down my plate, as he sat down next to me, facing Kim.

“If you guys are both leaving for work, who is going to babysit Violet?” I questioned. Making my way up,back to there kitchen to get me something to drink. Adam drank his milk, and replied,

“Oh, mom comes over to babysit.” I nodded, as I filled a tall glass with orange juice. I made my way back to the table. I started picking at my food, running my tongue across my teeth, and I finally asked,

“Violet still in bed?” They look up at me, giving me a look.

“Yes. Why?” Kim asked, moving the fork of eggs towards her mouth.

“No reason, just wondering.” I replied quickly, face flushing. There was a very long silence. Finally they finished, and they said there goodbyes as they left. I cleared there table, and washed there dishes. I didn't want to leave a mess for Adam's mother Janet. Janet is a very good mother to Adam, but he never appreciated it until now apparently. As I was cleaning there counter, I heard the door open, and footsteps moving towards the living room. I sat down the dish towel on the counter, and walked out to meet her. When she saw me, her eyes grew large and she gave me a big hug and kiss.
“Little Bill! I've missed you boy, why haven't you came to see me?” She exclaimed. I smiled, and laughed.

“Well, I haven't really had much time, with work and college.” I stated. She nodded slowly.

“Studying to be an attorney I hear, I figured you do something like that.” She said smiling.
“I love it, even though it's a lot of hard work.” I replied softly. She smiled at me again, her dark blue eyes set on me, looking me over.

“Well, that's good Billy.” She replied.

“Janet? How did you get here if the main road is flooded?” I asked.

“Oh, there's a cow path next to the Andersen’s, you didn't know that?” She sounded surprised. The Andersen's are a very old couple who has lived in the same place for many years. I can't believe I didn't know there was a path there.

“No, well now I do, Well nice seeing you again Janet, but I must be getting home.” I said hurriedly. She frowned, and narrowed her eyes at me.

“Why are you leaving so soon? Stay and talk with me Billy.” She said sternly. I looked at her and smirked, she seemed to like me more than her own son which was quite sad.

“I need to get home, get ready for work and study I really wish I could stay but I can't. I'm babysitting Violet tonight though.” I stated. Her eyes brightened, and she smiled.

“What do you think of Violet? She's growing up so quick.” She said softly, almost sadly.

“She's a sweet little girl, but Adam and Kim need to stop fighting, really for her sake.” I said.

“I know, I know but there still so immature, they act like there still in high school Billy, it's ridiculous!” She exclaimed. I could tell that she's frustrated with her son, I wouldn't blame her.

“It is, but I really should be going. I will come visit you some time Janet, I promise.” I said. She smiled.

“You better, I miss seeing you Billy.” She said. I nodded, and made my way into the living room, I folded up the blanket I used the night before, and sat it on the pillow. I brushed my hair with my fingers, and made my way out. It stopped raining for once, it was pretty foggy out though, and very muddy. I sighed, I still have to go home, and get ready for work. I reached my car, unlocked it and got inside. I adjusted my mirrors, clicked my seat belt on and started the engine I headed towards the Andersen's and Mr. Andersen was sitting on the porch, smoking a pipe. He must be at least 90 now but he's still kicking, I waved he looked at me like I was a stranger, I figured. I looked to my right, and I seen the small cow path that Janet was speaking to me about. I made my way down the bumpy road.

It was so bumpy, it made me annoyed but after a couple curvy turns I ended up in the outskirts of town, thank god ;Janet knew what she was talking about. I saw the sight of me in my mirror, and I looked like a mess, like usual but I didn't really mind. The roads were packed full of people now, and I turned to get on the right side, so I can get on the right street to get home. I stopped at the red light, and floored it on the green. I reached the road towards home. I took a right and I saw my apartment complex from the distance. I picked up my pace again, and I reached the parking lot of my apartment. I parked, locked the door and made my way inside. I smiled, there was Sara. She saw me as she sipped on her coffee she motioned for me to come over with her finger. I walked towards her, and rested my arms and folded them on her overly large secretary's desk. She looked very attractive today, her hair pulled back and everything her eyes sparkling as she talked.

“Billy, where were you last night? I called you.” She asked. I narrowed my eyes, why was she trying to get a hold of me anyway?

“ I was at my old friends house, his road flooded.” I replied. She raised her eyebrow, a non believing gaze on her face.

“What? Did you think I was out with a some woman last night?” I rose my voice. Her face flushed, and she looked down.

“ I called to see if we could go out to eat, on a date.” She spoke silently. I instantly felt like a total ass. I brushed my bangs out of my face, in embarrassment.

“Sara, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of raised my voice, would you like to do that maybe tomorrow evening?” I asked, not really knowing if I'm up to going out on another date with her, since how bad our relationship was.

“No, never mind your obviously to busy to go out on dates.” She snapped. I deserved that I thought. Without a reply,I just walked down the hall towards my apartment. I felt like a jerk, when I usually am sweet and a gentlemen towards women, but she hurt me dearly and I'm still really not over that. I reached my door, and unlocked it. I walked inside, my apartment a mess like usual. I decided to go get dressed for work, which I didn't really have to dress up for. I sighed, as I walked into my room. I undressed, and looked around in my closet to find my shirt I wear for the bar, I found it. It was a black shirt with the name of the bar written on right side of the shirt. “Firelight Bar and Grill”, I slipped it on and put on jeans and my old sneakers. I don't understand why we work so early, its a bar. I guess its for those old drunks.

DirectingGabsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh wow! The end was suprising. But it waws good. Great job!

MUSICSAVESMYSOUL replied...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm :
gosh so good i cant stop reading it!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissDarkCross replied...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm :
Thank you, thank you

. said...
interesting topic idea different and unique i have only read about 8 chapters soo far but it seems i cant stop reading this book the only things i didnt like were how the characters seemed a bit stiff like the way they talked too formal to what teens would really talk like, but thats just just my opinion. other than that liked the book and i really think you should continue to write thx : )

MissDarkCross replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:44 pm :
Thanks! & Just the other day I finished it. So.. keep reading if you like!

misteriousgirl said...
that was the baet one yet you should be number 1# :):):):):)keep writeing...your good

MissDarkCross replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm :
Awh. Thanks.. i'm still working on finishing it. XD

Undiscovered16 said...
 I've only read the first part of chapter one and I'm not sure I like the idea ofa  19 year old guy falling in love with a six year old? Is that really how it goes? I've only read to the part where he wakes up early in the morning.

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:47 pm :

It doesn't stay that way, it breaks off to wear she's 15/16 & he's about 27.

I know it's an odd story, but I like writing about different topics..odd ones.

If you don't like you, you don't have to read it. :)

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm :
It* :3 typo's.

MzRogersbabe said...
I wanna know what happens next. This book is so interesting and i wanna read more. Great job!!!!!

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:09 pm :

Okay!

I will <3

C.L.Erins said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:12 am:
I love this story, it was kinda weird at first but its deffinetly grown on me and its really sweet!! please keep going!!!

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:08 pm :
Awh. Thanks.. I really didn't think there was a point in me still writing it..but I will xD

Alexandra S. replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 5:52 pm :
yes please!! its awesome!! and keep faith in your writing you're pretty good at it :)

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 2:29 pm :
Thanks, it means a lot..and I will! I'll start writing more . I don't know how long it will take but I will finish it. :3

Alexandra S. replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 5:53 pm :
YAY!! thank you!! :D

MissDarkCross replied...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:49 pm :
Your quite welcome, and thank you for taking the time to read it :) <3

C.L.Erins replied...
Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:25 am :
Still an awesome story, keep going! :)

MissDarkCross replied...
Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:44 am :
Thank you very much! I will :3!

ShadowOnMyHeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Not bad so far, but it is kinda strange that a 27yr old likes 16yr old.