The Girl Next Door

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Jess Torres~My Jello Flopping Stomach

I felt like I had sat in that old red truck for an eternity, but realistically, it was only 6 hours from back home in Kentucky to the Michigan suburbs. I sat on the front steps of porch of the brand spanking new, cookie cutter house, lined with a white picket fence and all. “Don’t you want to go see your room?” my dad asked, sitting down beside me and putting a hand on my lap.
“I’d rather not,” I said rebelliously.
“Okay, then I’ll just take your huge room, with the
Hope you liked it! I'll add more, later!!! :D
walk in closet and bathroom that you’ve been wanting ever since you were ten…” he said, trying to be funny.
“Just stop, dad.” I said standing up from the porch and walking away from the lot with my flip flops clapping behind me. I wasn’t sure where I was going, I just needed to get away from him. I looked around at all the house; they all looked the same to me. Square boxes, white picket fences, and neatly kept lawns with basketball hoops and tree houses, lined the streets. In the distance, I saw a community pool and decided I would go hang out there for awhile, I didn’t have my bikini unpacked but at least I could work on my tan, before school started the next day.
As I approached the pool, I realized it actually wasn’t too crowded. There were a couple of guys sitting on the edge of the pool, a girl sitting in the hot tub, and some babies splashing around in the baby pool. I minded my own business and sat down on a beach chair. The sun hit down on me hard and I quickly pulled out sunglasses and my iPod nano out of my tote bag. I spread out “Seventeen” magazine and started reading the latest relationship status of Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber. I noticed a guy with cute brown, emo hair out of the corner of my eye. I noticed that I probably stuck out like a sore thumb. My hair was greasy and pulled into a messy bun and I hadn’t shaved my legs in weeks. I sighed and tried not to notice as all his guy friends started messing around and shoving each other into the people, while he just sat there, staring. I started to get worried and wondered if there were McDonald’s hamburger chunks stuck in my teeth from lunch in the truck.
Finally, he turned his head away from me and got up to check a text message coming from his bright purple phone that was vibrating a couple chairs away from me. I watched him carefully as he picked up the phone and skillfully texted a short message to whoever it was. I couldn’t help notice how firm his stomach was, it wasn’t a 6-pack but at least it was a 4 or so. I looked down at my stomach, and yeah it was skinny and tan but it flopped like Jello.
Then to my horror, I saw my dad walking towards the pool with his hands in his pockets and looking down at the ground. Did he expect me to feel sorry for him? I got up from my seat and walked out of the pool, before he could start anything. “So I’m done unpacking and everything’s in your room…” he said grabbing me by my shoulder, before I could take off.
“That’s great, dad,” I said trying to avoid as much conversation as I could, afraid I would start crying and ruin my eyeliner. I couldn’t think about Kentucky or Michigan or anything without crying, anymore. I started to walk away, “I’m going to go check it out, okay?” I said coming up with an excuse and speeding up with my gladiator sandals clapping behind me.

ChicUNIQUE said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:20 am:
i love this. your characters feel real and true. you should definitely keep writing. i'm looking forward to reading it!!!

yazigirl said...

i love this story!!! it made me laugh sooo much!!! please keep writing or i will probably bust a vain!!! amazing!!

camileeb said...
i liiiiiiiiike this :)

Jeera said...
you should write some more. I want to know what happens!

elephantshoes said...
You better be planning on writing more or we're gonna have a serious problem here! I loved this story soooooooooooooo much! please write more?!?! :) LOL

kenzie2014This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
mg you have to keep writing this. i literally screamed when i noticed it was the last chapter. 

DEROSSETT said...

Please please please please please please please please please please write more!!!!!!!!!!

Are you trying to kill me with suspense?????;)

JerseyGrl-008 said...
neeed moreeee!!!

Bookworm1998 said...
this is really good! i like the story so far - you should really continue. it'd be better if the chapters were a little longer though, with more detail. other than that and a few grammar errors - perfection!

CresentShadow said...
I need more! Now! :D

Country_Storm_Inspired said...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 9:45 am:
Omgggg adds more NOW!!!!(: and I wouldlove your input on my stories(:

sammielovesyou said...
ahhhh pleasee make more !

LilLover5-15 said...
Make More plz

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 10:22 pm:
pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease write moremoremoremoremore!!!!!!!!!!!

shearbear24 said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 7:39 pm:
OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK! THE LAST CHAPTER IS AWESOME! :D

shearbear24 said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm:
Omg talk about awesome! :D Haha you'd be my bestie xD I love people who like to write (I love to write) 

LilLover5-15 replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 5:34 pm :
Ikr i love it

twizzlerluva97 said...
Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:53 pm:
MORE....MORE MORE

dolphin13 said...
May 24, 2011 at 9:34 pm:
This is such a good story. However, you have some grammatical errors and you change between 1st person and 3rd person sometimes so it is confusing. Overall it was very well written. Please write more.

writerthinkerdreamer replied...
Sept. 11, 2011 at 10:49 am :
I noticed the POV switch too, it got me confused for a bit there....