Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 1-

I hate this. I’ve hated it since the day it happened. I’m a fake, okay? I openly admit it. I’m good at acting. Nobody knows who I really am. I’m a shape shifter which makes things a lot easier. Because well, I’m a murderer too. I never expected to fall in love. I had a target and I was completely ready for this. Then I couldn’t do it. This means trouble. This guy doesn’t know what I do. I hope he’ll never ever find out. I guess the best way to get past this is to openly admit it. My name is Kali Ann Morgan, and I am a shape shifter and a murderer and I have fallen in love with a Christian boy named William I was meant to kill him. Some luck for me I guess, because I don’t know how I can kill him now. I’ll have to find a way to either change or to leave him. How can I get out of this debt? That’s the reason I’m a killer. I’m pretty much indestructible. Shape shifting is the power I’ve had forever. I was born as a shape shifter and I will die a shape shifter. It’s in my blood and it’s the one power nobody can take from me. It’s the only power that wasn’t forced upon me and I work with it better than my others. They inject powers into me. Who are they, you might ask? Let’s get one thing straight they did not kidnap me like everybody thinks. Some of my parent’s closest friends…my now legal guardians gave me over to them. When they give us these powers it’s more painful than anything you can imagine. I’d rather go through natural child birth than deal with this. The perks with childbirth you are pretty positive that you will survive. I’m always scared going into this because I never know if I will survive. When this happens you know giving powers to somebody it is as I’ve said before extremely painful, but I know they don’t do it on me near as much as everybody else. I’ve heard them talk about me saying it’s my destiny to be evil. They say that because of my name meaning. It means, black and destruction. But, they don’t inject me as much because they want to see how long they can keep me normal. With everybody else they’d give more and more powers each and every day until they couldn’t handle it anymore. Not me. I got one maybe once every six months maybe once a year. I was lucky. I had been working for these guys for three years still trying to pay off the debt. I had just turned sixteen. I went to school and to everyone else I was completely normal. I wasn’t. I’m a shape shifter. And I have the ability to fly, go back in time, and electricity. It was my sixteenth birthday and I walked into the room prepared to get my next one. I sat down on the chair and they started to strap me in. I looked up at the woman who was getting the needles ready and asked, “What is it this time?”
“Indestructible.”
“Interesting.”
“It’ll be good for you, Kali.”
“I guess.”
“Kali.”
“Yeah?”
“You nervous?”
“Will it be worse?”
“Much.”
“Then a little bit.”
“Don’t worry about it Kali, just calm down you know that always helps.”
“Yes, ma’am.”
I exhaled as they put the needles in. They were attached to some electrical cords and I screamed in pain as it got switched on. You know sometimes these people really are stupid. I’ve pointed it out before someday someone will catch us from the screams that go on in here. I’m still shocked it hasn’t happened yet. It also didn’t help that this chair was also in a cage. They always did it like this. That way if we had some sort of reaction they were safe while we were in pain. Whenever this happens I switch forms that I have used in the past. It had been awhile since I’d seen my normal form. I wasn’t fat or anything I loved my real look. It was my favorite. But I was never allowed to use it because I’m known as the girl that was “kidnapped” three years ago that was two years after I got adopted. As I said before my adoptive parents (as I like to call my “legal” guardians) gave me over to these people. Some legal guardians they are; giving the two kids that they were supposed to take care of over to people that could make sure that they would be killing people almost every single day. And you know what my “legal” guardians aren’t paying off my debt...well my parent’s debt. I’m paying it off. They died five years ago. Anyway I changed into my old self as I was screaming. Normally I never got to see this look. Until now, I’m stuck in it. I heard police sirens. I heard other yelling. People trying to evacuate the building. I forced my eyes open and men were turning off the machine. No, if they did this it won’t result well. It’ll hurt worse. “Ahh!”
“Get this girl out of here!”
I continued to scream as I clenched my teeth. I heard the door open and somebody was un-strapping me. My breath came out choppy. I looked at this boy and asked, “Who-who-who are you?”
“William, you can call me Will.”
I felt him take the needles out of my arms and I cringed. He looked up at me, “Sorry, how many times have they done this to you?”
“This was the fourth.”
“How old are you?”
“Turned sixteen today.”
“Name?”
“Kali.”
“Well Kali,” I felt him pick me up, “You’ll be staying with my family for a while.”
“Who found this place?”
“I did. I’ve seen it a couple of times before. It’s about five miles from my house. I’d go out in the woods when I wanted to get away from people. I’m on the track team and would a lot of times run around here. I noticed this place a couple of times. It was kind of creepy anyway I started to hear the screams when I’d visit this place I told the police. My mom offered to take one of you guys in and said she wanted a girl so I chose you.”
“Why?”
“Because this if the first time I’ve seen a person go through this. And you look like you need a family, or do you already have one?”
“My parents died.” I looked down and muttered, “You can put me down now.”
He nodded and started to set me down, “You sure?”
“Yeah.”
A cop ran up and said, “Miss!”
I looked at him, “Yes?”
“Is there anybody else here?”
“Tons.”
“Where?”
“Follow me.”
I walked in front of him and a little girl ran to me and jumped in my arms, “Kali, what’s going on?”
“It’s alright, Lilly, these men are helping us. He’s gonna take you back home to mommy.”
“But…”
“Yes?”
“Who’s my mommy?”
I shook my head, “Not you too.”
I looked back at the cop and Will and explained, “A lot of them have had their memory erased.”
The cop nodded, “Will take her home, we’ll be at your house soon to talk to her.”
You know what Mr. Cop I’m right here you can tell me you want to talk to me. Will nodded and held out his hand and I looked at him, “Can I do a few things first?”
“Uh sure.”
I ran and grabbed a couple of things out of my cell then I ran down to the room in which I was getting my latest power. Will followed me and asked, “What are you doing?”
I ignored his question and looked at something on the computer. I groaned and looked for the needle they used to inject me. I had only gotten ninety percent. If I didn’t get the full hundred everything would be thrown off balance. I put the needle back in and Will asked in a more demanding tone, “What are you doing?”
I again ignored him as I turned on the machine. I clenched my teeth and shrieked. Will rushed towards me and I could hear him yelling my name as he tried to turn it off, but I stopped him I needed to finish this. I exhaled as I pulled it down and looked at him, “If you don’t finish it, it messes you up. I prefer to not be messed up.” I picked up my bag, “Now, where are we going?”
“My house, come on.”
I grunted and followed him. We got to his house and a woman ran out and hugged him then looked at me, “Hi, I’m Jen, Will’s mother, you are?”
“Kali.”
“Well, Kali this will be your new home, Will, why don’t you show her, her new room.”
“Sure, mom.”
He had been carrying my bag and he put it on the bed and said, “This used to be my sister’s room.”
“What happened to her?”
“Died of cancer.”
“Oh, I’m sorry.”
“No biggie, my mom’s wanted to adopt a teenage girl ever since. So, welcome.” He turned to walk away.
“Will.”
He stopped and looked back at me, “How old are you?”
“Seventeen.”
“What was your sister’s name?”
“Ally.”
With that Will walked away. I looked around the room then sat down on the bed and dug into my pocket and pulled out some pills. They were ones that would be like drugs to anyone else, but they helped people like me. It especially helped my shape shifting to not freak out the first time I added in a new power. I started to wonder about the invincibility power. I had never seen anyone with it before and I wondered if I would feel the pain. As I looked around I noticed they didn’t get rid of anything of the girl. I saw an old razor and wanted to see if I’d die. I hadn’t used a razor since I got kidnapped. They didn’t let anybody have them worried we’d kill ourselves. I picked it up and cut my wrist. I cringed and set the razor down then looked down at my arm as it grew back. I muttered, “Whoa.”
Will walked in and said, “Kali, come on, the police want to talk to you.”
I looked up and followed him out the door. I saw two people. A man and a woman the woman tried to give me a warming smile. I forced one as well and held out my hand, “Hi, I’m Kali.”
“I’m officer Abby and this is my partner officer Jones.”
I nodded and she said, “Can we ask you a few questions, Kali?”
“Go ahead.”
“How long have you been at that place?”
“Three years.”
“Did they pick out certain people? Or just randomly see you guys and decided to get you?”
“They picked out certain people. I don’t know the reasons behind everybody they chose.”
Officer Jones spoke up, “Do you know the reason they chose you?”
I did, but I lied and whispered, “No.”
Officer Abby took over from there, “Do they have any other places around?”
“Different places around the country…I’ve never actually seen it for myself.”
“Do you know where these locations are?”
“Nope.” I let the ‘p’ pop.
I noticed officer Jones was talking with Will in hushed tones. Abby looked over at them and back at me, “Well, I think that’s all the questions we have for you today we might be coming by another time.”
I nodded as she grabbed officer Jones by the elbow and left. I looked at Will and he said, “You wanna go get something to eat?”
I shrugged in response as we went out to the car. I thought about the officers. Why didn’t I tell them the truth? Why didn’t I just tell them my whole life story? Oh yeah. Then I’d be a science experiment with no possible way of escape. I wasn’t ready for that.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16 at 11:54 am:
I definitely, agree with the others. Haha, write more please! It's the best romance story, I've ever read! Your story has a balance to it, that I love! Do write more, please! It sounds like there's more, which I hope there is!

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am:
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am:
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am:
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am:
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm :
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm:
This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm:

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm:
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm :
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)