Shush . . .

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Prologue

“I need you to watch over someone,” he says.
“Who is it and what’s the situation?” I ask him. I hadn’t been assigned to watch someone in almost one hundred years now. I was eager for an assignment.
“Her name is Sarah Nicole Blake. Her father was just murdered, but they weren’t looking to kill him. They were trying to kill her. We can’t figure out who the man was that did this, or even if it was a man. She needs your protection,” he said. He whispered the last part, as if her death would be the end of the world.
The beautiful necklace suddenly appeared into my hands. It was a regular chain with a pendant on it. On the front of the pendant was a carving of an angel. On the other side it said “guardian angel.” I was to give this to whomever I was assigned to protect. This necklace was a sign that she belonged to me.
I put the necklace in my pocket, trying to decide how I would give it to this girl. I had the sudden urge to fly down to Earth and hold her in my arms. I had only gotten this feeling once before. She was my very first assignment, and I immediately fell in love with her.
“I accept,” I whispered, mostly to myself.
“That’s wonderful news! You will have to blend in at her school, though. But, you might want to watch her from a distance first. This might be a tricky assignment,” he warned me.
“I have a good feeling about this one,” I said to him.
“Well, start looking after her as soon as you can. Rather sooner than later,” he said, as he disappeared.
“Wait! What should my name be for this assignment?” I yelled to his fleeting figure.
“You shall call yourself Dean Lenz,” he said, his voice fading. And then he disappeared. I dug out he necklace from my pocket, and held it in my hand. It had been one hundred years since I had seen this necklace, and now I was holding it in my bare hand, closely examining it.
“Dean Lenz,” I muttered to myself. That was the name I would be known by today. Dean Lenz. I figured I would be about 18 years old. I would watch her for a few months, and then join her school. But I still hadn’t decided how I would give her that necklace. That beautiful necklace I still held in my hand.
“Sarah Blake,” I said. The name rolled off of my tongue, and it felt as if I had said it a million times.

Deeloves said...
May 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm:
OMG....!!! you have to keep writing the story.... i couldnt look away....!

A girl from Asia said...
Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:32 am:
Hi, THIS IS A GREAT STORY. AT first it sorta sounded like Twilight with the carrying her to the nurse's office and debates about who to drive and stuff. The rest was cool. Thanks for sharing!

poemluv said...
Sept. 18, 2012 at 11:53 am:
I love it! The immagery is PERFECT, and The plot is so fantastic and beautiful!!!! You should make a sequel :3

its_just_me replied...
Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:51 am :
I'm planning on it, I just have to figure out a good cliff hanger for this book :) Thanks for the great comment!

nemish23 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:00 am:

love it!

can't wait to read more!

your style is awesome and so are the characters- but there are a few grammar errors and stuff that need to be checked. but otherwise it's great :)

its_just_me replied...
May 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm :
Thanks! I'll be sure to do my editing soon :)

Roselove445This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:58 pm:
I cant wait to read more

its_just_me replied...
May 11, 2012 at 1:43 pm :
Thanks !!!

DawningCelesta said...
Thanks for writing! I really liked the plot line, and the mysterious aspects that you were able to resolve in the end. It's hard to come to a conclusion with a short book, but you managed it very well (: I'm trying to incorporate some of these same themes in mine; it's not done yet, so if you have any suggestions they would be much appreciated!

its_just_me replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 5:25 pm :
I'm not done with it yet, I'm just too lazy to finish it right now. I just wanted to post what I have done to get people's opinions. But thanks!

KittyKitty replied...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:42 pm :
You need to finish it!!!!! Its like, the best book ever!!!! I wanna read part 2!!!

Cbsiegel said...

That's the best book ever!

its_just_me replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 9:09 pm :
Thanks!!(:

Alexandra S. said...
Oh my gosh this is amazing!!! definelely one of the best things i have ever read!!! you're an amazing writer!

its_just_me replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 9:08 pm :
Thank you !!

LittleMiss said...
I love this, the way your word things..incredible plus I love guardian angels so i like how you wove that into this keep writing your amazing

its_just_me replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:16 pm :
Thank you. (:

LittleMiss replied...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 2:41 pm :
could you read over my piece i would love your opinion

FallenAngel1 said...

I agree with everyone else, you are a very talented writer and you should do this for a living. There are only a handful of people that have the talent to create such wonderous things like this, you are definetly one of them!!!

Sincerly Your Friend,

FallenAngel1

its_just_me replied...
Sept. 6, 2011 at 6:27 pm :
I do plan on being an author when I grow up. I'm just afraid I won't make it. But thank you :)