The Summer I Found Myself

By , Flint, MI
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Party Hard

We arrived at the party finally after driving up and down the road multiple times trying to get our act together.
As we walked up the front step of the house there were people hanging all over the porch. Nobody paid any attention to us. We got in the door and walked around and Shelly found some people she actually talked to in school there. They came over and immediately started chatting up a storm.
“Oh, my gosh.” One of the girls called at me, trying to be heard over the stereo blaring. “You’re in my advance physics class aren’t you?”
“Yea, Casey right?” I yelled back to her.
“Yea. I totally didn’t know you were into this kind of thing.” Casey yelled and leaned over sloshing some of the liquid in her cup onto the floor.
“I’m normally not.” I yelled back.
“Well, hey, lemme get you a beer.” She yelled as her words were being slurred.
"Alright, that would be cool." I said trying to fit in.
Casey took me over into the kitchen where there was a keg in the corner. She tapped it, grabbed
a cup, and filled it.
"Here you go. Just help yourself whenever you want." She finished then stumbled off into a crowd of people playing beer pong.
I went and found Shelly sitting on the couch next to a guy I remembered who played on the football team.
"What is that?" Shelly directed her attention to me.
"From what I understand, I think it's beer." I replied back with a smirk.
"Hey, do you think you can get me one?" She said while side glancing the football player.
"You know what? I think you can just have mine." I said as I handed over my full cup.
Shelly took the cup from my hand and started drinking away while turning her attention to
football guy.
I started getting irritated because Shelly and I had come to this party together and all she wanted to do was ignore me, or so I felt like. I decided to walk into the kitchen where I heard loud yelling noises.
"here drink this!" As a guy that I have never met before thrust a cup into me.
"Um, no thanks." I replied.
He just stood there looking at me for a second before moving on to another girl passing by behind me.
After side stepping a bunch of groups I made my way back to the living room where Shelly was nowhere to be seen. I sat down on the couch next to a couple making out.
"I think I saw your friend go upstairs with Jake." A guy said as he came out of large crowd by the stereo.
"Thanks. I guess I should go check on her huh?" I said tired.
All I wanted to do was go to a party for the first time and have a great time. I wanted to talk to people. But instead, I'm left on the back-burner with Shelly, trying to find her. You know, I’m always bailing her out. For once I’d like to be the bail-ey.
"I can go with you, if you want." The guy said.
"Thanks, but I think I can handle it." I replied back.
"Well, anyways, I'm Mike." He said with a half smile.
"Macy." I said as I walked away.
I climbed up the stairs and looked in the line for the bathroom, but sure enough, she wasn't there. The last thing I need is to lose her. So, I began opening up doors to rooms. The first one I opened there was a large group in there smoking out of a pipe. From what it smelled like, it wasn't tobacco. I closed that door and opened up another which was empty.
I decided to go in there to clear my head. All the smoke was starting to give me a headache. I sat down on the bed and looked around. It was a boys room. Judging by the trophy's I'm thinking this was Dylan's room. Dylan is our starting Quarterback. He's cute, smart, and talented. So, naturally he has girls pinning for him all the time.
Just then the door opened as Mike came in the room. He saw me sitting on the bed, and he sort of jumped.
"Oh shit. You just scared me. I didn't exactly expect anyone in here." He said taken aback.
"Too much smoke for me out there." I said with a smile playing on my lips.
"So, do you go to school with Dylan?" He said as he motioned around the room.
"I do." As I sighed, I said.
"And where are you from? I mean, you don't look familiar and most of the people here I've known since seventh grade." Macy asked.
Now that I wasn't so focused on finding Shelly I got to look at Mike a little better. He has these green eyes and his smile was one of those perfect white smiles where you just knew he had braces before.
All in all Mike is cute. No, scratch that, gorgeous. That was all I could think about when finally he talked and snapped me out of it.
"So, did you find your friend?" as he spoke he looked around as if the evidence was somewhere in here with us.
"Actually, I didn't. So, naturally, I gave up." This got a smile out of him and took my breath away. "I think I'm going to go and look for her now." I said as I quickly got up and side-stepped around him toward the door.
"Wait, I'll come with you." He said.
"It's alright. I think I'll manage." I smiled shyly at him.
I started out the door and down the stairs and went into the kitchen, and out of nowhere I see Shelly at the end of the table playing beer pong. She looked over at me and yelled.
"Macy! Come over here and do a celebrity shot."
The whole room now looked over at me waiting expectantly.
"I don't know." I said.
"Come on. Please?" She begged.
Suddenly, the whole crowd erupted yelling "Do it!" and "Come on!"
I gave up and walked toward her as she handed me a ping pong ball.
"I don't even know how to play." I told Shelly.
"Just toss the ball and make it into one of those cups." She said as she pointed on the opposite end of the table.
I aimed as best I could and tossed it and sank it in a cup. Loud cheering erupted all over the kitchen. My face flushed as I smiled.
Shelly then stumbled over and put her arm around my neck.
"Hey, how about we get back home?" I asked as everyone went back to watching the game and talking.
"I just really want to sleep." she replied.
"Alright, where are your keys? I'm going to drive."
She drug me over to the couch and slumped down onto it.
"I don't know. Are they in my pocket?" She looked up at me.
So I dug into her front pocket jeans and sure enough I pulled out her keys.
I put the keys into my pocket and picked her up and pulled her arm around me. As I went to walk out the door, Mike stopped me.
"Hey, you’re leaving already?" he looked down at me with those gorgeous green eyes.
"Yeah, I need to get her home before she passes out on the floor." I said as I laughed.
"Yeah, well it was nice meeting you." he said as he flashed his smile.
"You too." I said bashfully.
I walked out to Shelly's car and out her in the passenger seat. We drove home in silence and as I looked over I realized that she had fallen asleep. We pulled up in her driveway and I glanced down at the dashboard clock as it read 11:49 pm. I got Shelly out of the car and pulled her up the front steps to her house and carried her in her room. I laid her down on her bed and stole one of the cigarettes she had hidden in her underwear drawer.
Normally I don't smoke. I mean, I've taken a few puffs off Shelly's cigarettes but never cared for one much. Whenever I try to tell her to quit, she always tells me it relieves her stress. I climbed out her window and sat on the roof. I lit the cigarette and took a deep puff. It's not so bad I thought. After a couple minutes of smoking It I decided to stub it out. As I was flicking it off the roof, Shelly appeared climbing out of the window.
"Tonight was a good night. Wasn't it?" She asked.
"Yeah. You still drunk?" I replied.
"yeah." She said as we both laughed.
We both climbed back into the bedroom. I changed into some pajamas and climbed in next to Shelly who was already sleeping.
I just couldn't get my mind off of Mike. He was so cute. Not to mention really nice. Those were the last coherent thoughts I had until I fell asleep.

vanessasandra said...
Aug. 7, 2011 at 8:42 am:
it was good, not something i would really remember though. but good job :) :) i really liked mike.

C.N.Red said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 10:31 am:
I really liked this novel. There were a few errors, but I bet if you edited and tweaked it a little, it'd be great! You should write more!!!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:59 am:
I love it! I just posted two books called nightstalker and the beast! if any of u read it make sure u post a comment saying if u liked it or not or if i should change anything. Thanks!

Slugger20 said...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 2:48 pm:
The moral in this story is amazing! its great! don't worry if ppl say tht ther is to much drinking, smoking, or partying... you did what you had to do to get your point across and its a WONDERFUL story!!!

Sk8erGirl said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:50 am:
That was a great story! I love the moral i in it. Keep writing! :D

billgamesh11 said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 5:04 pm:
it was an okay story except it had a lot of drinking and smoking and smoking pot which in my opinion was not fun to read about, not interesting at all, but the story itself was so good that i didn't stop reading it even though it had thise things in it. Also, next time you post a story, have someone edit it so it is easier for the reader to read your story. But over all, good job:)

Angie_101 said...
May 28, 2011 at 10:28 am:
AWEWUM STORY...I LOVE ITTTT<3

writergurl12345 said...
May 26, 2011 at 5:37 am:
Hey. So I liked this. I had a few qualms while reading it, because some of the writing needs some cleaning up, and I think you can expand on the storyline a little bit. The idea (falling in love with a boy over the summer, going to parties, getting drunk), it's been a little bit overdone. However, that's not to say that yours isn't original. I kind of like that you made the character really eccentric, and some of the lines you used are soooo adorable! I think you could really go somewhere with t... (more »)

missemluv<3 said...
May 8, 2011 at 5:56 pm:
This is awesome!!!! I love it!!!! :)

PurpleWriter said...
May 8, 2011 at 9:32 am:
This book rules! Hey, do you think you could check out my book? It's called The Searcher's Allies. Go to fiction novels and click on most recent.

I_Love_Books said...
s it that good writers have annoymuous usernames xD

I_Love_Books replied...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 1:08 pm :

oops I mean

-Why is it that the REALLY GOOD wirters have annoyumous user names xD

PrincessSparkle replied...
May 14, 2011 at 5:26 pm :
I used an annonymous name at first because I was really scared that nobody would like my book. But now, I dont care if people like it or not. As long as it sounds good to me. 

sammielovesyou said...
This is REALLY GOOD ! LIKE AMAZIING !!!!!!! ((((((:

ThisIsRivera said...
If it happens

Rolandddd said...
That was a very nice novel. You are very talented at your writing:) Keep it up:) You will get very far in life with your writing skills:)

sfoxxy96 said...
that was absolutely awesome!! youre a great writer. keep it up:)

PrincessSparkle replied...
Apr. 1, 2011 at 11:14 pm :
Thanks. Im working on a new book called Under the Summer Sky about a girl who falls in love with another girl. I think you might like it.

ThisIsRivera said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm:
Let me start by saying i really enjoy this im not done yet though :) I really liked the summary i found it really inviting but chapter one made me kind of loose intrest but i kept reading and i definetly think it got a bit better keep writing you re really good!!!!!check out my book so far and tell me if you like it at all :)

PrincessSparkle replied...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm :
Okay I will, what's the name of your book?