Heaven

Greekyogurt
Heaven
Summary: I awake in a dungeon. One with slime-covered walls, shattered windows, and heads, hundreds of heads. They are all aligned on sticks, pointing towards where I am sitting. I try to stand. A searing pain spreads through my right limb. I look down at my blood covered leg. Every time I move, I felt as though it is on fire. I try to move forward but I’m being held to the wall behind me by a chain.
A bright object catches my eye. There is a sword on the floor. I recognize it as the sword that was driven into my leg. The sword has a golden handle that gleams in the dim light of the dungeon. It has diamonds and rubies embedded in the handle. If I could just reach it, I might be able to cut the chain and then make my escape.
My hand is an inch away from the sword when an arrow pierces my arm. I scream.
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” The color drains from my face as I look into the cruel, red eyes of my captor, suddenly aware that out of all my near death experiences, this one will be no were near. I am going to die.

Note: This book is not visible right now because it is being reviewed by the TeenInk editors. Once the changes are approved, it will appear online, so come back later to view it!