Love has no Boundaries

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »

A New Experience

“Aiko, it’s time to get ready! School starts at eight. You’ve been up all night and it’s already six”
“I am not going to school…”
“You have to. The higher- ups won’t allow you to stay home”
“Then that’s their problem”
“Come on. Get down from there!”
“Isamu, I’m not going and that’s that. Now leave me alone”
“If you don’t go, you’ll miss out on seeing him today~”
Aiko finally peers down at Isamu for the first time since the conversation started.
Isamu smiles slyly.
“I know you want to see him again. It has been a while after all”
“…fine I’ll go. But only because you and Hajime will be there”
“Don’t even try to lie to me to make me feel better. Now hurry up and get dressed. We’ve got to eat before we go to school,” Isamu says as she heads out the door.
Aiko smirks slightly before leaping from the ceiling to the floor. She walks to her bed and opens a drawer under her dresser. She pulls out an ornate little mahogany chest and opens it. The chest contains a piece of diamond still attached to the rock it formed from. As she picks it up, the curtain draws open, letting the morning sunlight illuminate the room. The light hits the diamond, reflecting the words A + R on Aiko’s bedroom wall. She inspects the diamond more carefully peering through the letters carved through the diamond. She places it back in the chest, the chest back in the drawer and then walks out of her room to proceed with getting ready for the school day.
“It’s Hajime!!!” Isamu says while waving him over. A tall, scruffy brown- haired teenager turns around at the sound of the voice. He has piercing green eyes and freckles which dust the bridge of his nose. As soon as he catches sight of Isamu, he grins, his two dimples showing. Hajime runs over and picks Isamu up, spinning her around.
“Ah, the couple reunites…,” Aiko says in a bored tone.
“Shut up, Aiko!” Isamu yells.
Hajime laughs.
“Hey Aiko”
“Hi Hajime”
“Ready for school?” he asks, not letting Isamu down.
“No…”
“Yes she is. She wants to see him again, don’t you Aiko?” Isamu says with a grin.
“Shut it. Let’s just go already. It’s our first day. We want to be there on time when everyone immediately judges us,” Aiko says as she begins walking towards the school. Hajime and Isamu follow with sighs, knowing that Aiko is right.
As soon as the three enter the building, they are faced with stares of irritation and bitterness. Everyone else who isn’t showing their disapproval of the new students is moving out of their way in fear. Students shift uneasily as they pass by and whisper to each other. Of course, they make sure their gazes never meet those of the newcomers. No one wanted to be caught looking at one of them in the eye. The administration had prepped the entire student body for the new vampire exchange students from last year. But prep and the actual experience are two separate situations.
“Um, I need to go to my first class. See you guys later,” Hajime says with a smile as he turns to walk down another hallway, lined with glares and sneers of resentment.
“Ready?” Isamu asks Aiko.
“No…”
Isamu nudges Aiko and they both begin walking down the hallway.
“Those must be the vampires…”
“Look at them…”
“So creepy…”
Aiko maintains a rather placid manner but inside, her blood boils. Isamu smiles and continues to walk down the hallway, nudging Aiko as she goes along, to keep her from getting too angry. At the end of the hall, Isamu turns to Aiko.
“Well, this is where we split. Do you remember your room number and class?”
“…I’m not a child”
Isamu slightly chuckles.
“I’m just checking. Well, see you at lunch”
“See you”
Aiko watches as Isamu walks past three doors in the hallway to the left. She turns and waves before opening the door and entering the classroom. Aiko turns to the right and begins walking down that hallway.
“306…” Aiko says as she stands in front of the classroom door. After taking a tentative breath, she turns the knob and enters the classroom. The teacher, a woman of medium height with glasses and hair in a little knot at the back of her head, looks up almost in fright from her seat behind her desk.
“Ah! Welcome! You must be the exchange student. Please, uh, come here!! Come here!!” the woman says, ushering Aiko over in a bit of a frantic motion. Aiko complies and slowly walks over. The lady turns to her class with a smile that threatens to shrivel completely in a matter of moments.
“Class, this is our exchange student. Please treat her with respect and kindness. Now,” she says turning to Aiko, “please introduce yourself to the class”
Aiko shifts her attention to the students.
“…My name is Aiko and I’m-”
“We already know what you are!” someone from the class yells out.
Aiko’s eyes take on an icy look as she immediately pinpoints the boy who made the outburst. The boy has short cropped black hair with a star design shaved on one side. He’s leaning back in his chair with his feet placed on the desk in front of him, seemingly relaxed and full of himself. Aiko returns her attention to the rest of the class who are now giving her glares. She turns to her teacher.
“Ms…”
“It’s Kiwa. I’m Ms. Kiwa!” she says a little rushed.
“Ms. Kiwa…where should I sit..?”
“Ah, over there! There’s a seat by the window!”
“Okay,” Aiko says as she makes her way to the seat. The students watch her go by, whispering what little things they know about her as she passes. Aiko spares them a quick glare which stops their whispers in an instant. The class returns their attention back to Ms. Kiwa, who goes on with the lesson.

None0 said...
Well... that was something. Are the names Japanese? They seem to be translated from a language with composite word formulas.   Anyways, first up, this novel is written in the present tense. Make sure you are comfortable with writing in this tense (most people prefer past tense, including me), and don't slip up on your progressive and perfect tenses.   Next, besides the obvious "use showing langauge, not telling language" (ask if you want clarification), I really f... (more »)

LaChouette This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 8, 2013 at 7:00 pm :
Alright and thanks for the feedback! I have an idea when you say 'showing language' and 'telling language,' but I wouldn't mind clarification. 

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think the story is very cute.  :)  There was a lot of dialogue and I kinda would have liked for more details, but that really is my only suggestion.  The names were neat and it was a good read. :)

Sept. 2, 2013 at 1:45 pm :
Thank You!

vegetariangirl said...
Sept. 2, 2013 at 11:11 am:
I really like your story. The names are so creative!

Sept. 2, 2013 at 11:41 am :
Thank You!

DawnieRae said...
Hey LaChouette, Dawnie here. Chapter One: I think this is a great introduction the the book. It left me wanting more I really like the original and interesting names! Ican't wait to meet all the characters, and Him. :) Really great grammar and spelling. Can't wait to read the next chapter! (I think i'll try to comment on every chapter or so.) Love Dawnie  

Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:41 am :
Okay and thanks for reading!

DawnieRae replied...
Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:27 pm :
your welcome!! 

jazzwarrior said...
WOW. I was not expecting that. Throughout the story I was so sure Aiko would die if she fell in love with him, but what really happened was even better. And Kazuhiko's decision was unexpected, too. Great story. Promise me when you write something else, you'll keep me updated. :)

Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:07 pm :
Okay, and thank you for the comment! It means a lot!

Sept. 1, 2013 at 6:35 pm :
Hey jazzwarrior! I submitted a new poem to the site and I'm currently waiting for it to be released. It's called 'Instinct' so if you're curious, you can read it once it's out!