Holding On

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Prologue

It was silent. We both knew what was going on through each other’s minds. A part of me just wanted it to all end already, and the other part just told me to keep holding on.
“I just can’t do this anymore,” he said. I felt my throat burn a little. No, I can’t cry. Not now.
“Maybe, we just need a break,” I choked.
I was tired of all the constant fighting. I knew he was, too. Maybe this is just for the best. Maybe we needed some time to think. I knew I loved him, I do. But sometimes, things could just get out of hand. Maybe a break was all we needed right now. He looked at me, shocked from hearing my words, and shook his head.
I watched him walk out; he turned and glanced at me. I saw the sadness in his eyes, but I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t think of anything to say to make everything go back to the way it was, like on day one. I just kept on saying in my head, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to do this at all. But it was my only choice. The second he was out of my sight, I started crying. I wanted to call him back in, but it was too late.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

kaylaaaa said...
Feb. 27 at 12:54 pm:
Maybe you wrote this a long time ago,but i just want to say that this is good!!!