New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > What Happens at North Pine

What Happens at North Pine

AnonymouslyCreative99
What Happens at North Pine
Summary: I brushed through my light brown hair and added a little eyeliner to my emerald green eyes. After I quickly adjusted my outfit, I ran down the stairs straight to the front door. But to my surprise, I saw a giant wolf outside on my porch with its legs crouched and ready to pounce.
I was staring into the greyish-blue eyes of a very light colored wolf. He –I think it was a he– lifted his lips up to reveal a very large set of pointed teeth. I saw he hind leg muscles tighten up, as if he was about to spring at me.
I tried to close the door but I wasn’t fast enough at it. The wolf already had me pinned to the ground with his teeth bared and about to strike at any second. He had me pinned for what seemed like minutes and I didn’t think he was going to strike.
But then I felt a strong stinging pain in my arm and I felt a scream begin at the base of my throat. I felt the blood pouring out and it was seeping into my black t-shirt. I was having trouble seeing, but I was fairly certain the wolf left.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

LanimalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 13 at 1:21 am:
Hi! I saw your comment about wanting feedback in the chatroom, so here I am! :) This is a great read! I like the flow and the dialogue. The only thing I would suggest is adding more detail (show, not tell!) and getting rid of some I's and was's, if that makes sense. For example, instead of saying "I knew exactly what it was from but I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth," you could say, "The words lingered on my tongue, refusing to escape out of my mouth,&... (more »)