I Should've Kissed You

Author's note: Yes, this is based off of a One Direction song. When I hear music I tend to write little stories...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Yes, this is based off of a One Direction song. When I hear music I tend to write little stories in my head. I thought that this one was worth showing you guys. ^_^ Please rate/comment! Tell me what you guys think!!!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Next »

Game On

I swish around the golden essence that lies in my cup. Small bubbles protrude from the surface, surrounding the red plastic perimeter. When I should be having fun, I’m just worrying. Why isn’t she here yet? Does she even know my address?
“Can’t even enjoy your own last minute party, Drew?” Kylie slinks up by my side and slides a warm arm around my waist. Her plastic cup swishes with cheap beer that I had bought a few hours ago too.
“What makes you think that I’m not
I'm starting to like writing this story. Just finishing the second book to the A Walk in the Woods trilogey was a little bit diificult for me, so it's nice getting a break and writing this. Please comment/rate and tell me what you think! :)
enjoying myself?” I ask her, smiling down with a large all toothed smile. She looks up at me, her blonde bangs tilting slightly off of her forehead, revealing a huge pimple. Nice job trying to cover that up Kylie, I think to myself.
“You’re sulking, what’s the matter?” she asks me, inching closer and closer.
She’s only been here a year, coming into Reno High as a sophomore. Some people say that it was her ‘start over’ because at her old school she wasn’t the prettiest. Now she’s… well, not ugly that’s for sure. She’s confident, gorgeous, and has jumped into my game in no less than her junior year.
That’s all this is, a game. Maybe Kylie doesn’t or hasn’t realized it yet, but she is just another girl that I will kiss at just another party.
“I’m just tired; planning a quick party is harder than movies make it look.” I wink at her and she smiles, showing off her white straight teeth. She’s good at this game, but not as good as Amanda. At least Amanda is, or at least pretends to be, hard to get. If I were to ask Kylie if she wanted to sleep with me her clothes would be off in a Nano second. Amanda would slap my face if I asked her out of nowhere, and maybe if it weren’t out of nowhere she would still hesitate.

“You’re so funny.” She giggles some more, making me smile. How idiotic is this girl, that joke wasn’t even that funny.
My arm falls over her shoulder, hers slides behind my waist tighter and her fingers twirl themselves on my belt loops near my hipbone. Our free hands hold our beers that slosh with the beat of the music. People dance in late-celebration of the last day of summer, or maybe they’re celebrating the first day of school. Who knows anymore?
“Want to dance?” Kylie asks me, letting go of my waist and turns to face me. Not an inch separates us, not a centimeter, or even millimeter, not even air. She is suction cupped onto me, unbreakable.
“Sure.” I say, smiling down at her hopeful eyes. We set our drinks down on my mother’s mahogany coffee table that I had pushed to the side earlier. I swear I can hear her yell at me all the way from Boston: “Drew Jeered!!!!! What do you think you’re doing? Drinking beer without putting down a freaking coaster?!!!” Yes, she would say something like that.
I can only wonder what my dad would say, because I haven’t seen him in years.
Only now do I notice what Kylie is wearing, as I willingly let my hands course the side of her skin tight baby blue dress. High heels swirl around her manicured toes and perfect feet. I’m surprised I didn’t notice her growth, because she is usually a foot smaller than me, and now my eyes only have to travel down a few inches.
It kind of bothers me that she’s so dressed up; because I’m nowhere close to her standards. My hoodie is loose and baggy and my pants are wrinkled as usual. I feel out of place, at my own party.
Maybe Kylie sensed that, because once we start dancing she tries to make me feel right at home.

***

I’m right at home, not at Drew’s stupid party, or at the movies with Tasha (which she suggested could be our celebration of becoming juniors). My bed seems like the best place to be. It’s just comfortable, that’s all I need. That’s all I want!
If I didn’t I wouldn’t be in baggy non-flattering sweats or my raggedy gray tank top that’s falling apart string by stray string. If Natasha saw me she would be in complete shock. “That’s not on your fashion diet!” she would screech, pointing at my hideous outfit. I hate how she calls it that, a ‘fashion diet’. Makeover is a better way to put it then fashion diet. Diet, that’s what I can’t stand. My change in clothes isn’t going to help thin the chunkiness that I (like every other girl) see in my thighs. So why relate it to food?!
Lord knows what she would say if she saw me exactly like I am right now. Not only is my outfit ‘cheating in my diet’ but so is my retainer and glasses combo.
“Pick one or the other at night.” She told me once while giving me all these helpful tips on looks. “You don’t know who could show up at your door out of nowhere.”
Tasha doesn’t understand these things, because she doesn’t know what it’s like to have to wear a retainer to bed and want to watch a T.V. show at the same time. She just doesn’t understand that I can’t be a picture perfect image all the time and that nobody is going to knock on my door at ten at night.

Somewhere in the middle of my blanking out, thinking about how Natasha changed me so much, Drew’s name ambled across my mind. His smooth skin image in my mind makes me smile which causes the plastic of the retainer to cut into my gums a touch more.
“You will have fun.”
“Yes I will see you…” his words ring into my mind.
I wipe my eyes and take off of my glasses to return them to their rightful place on my nightstand.
Drew doesn’t even remember. Who knows, maybe I was the first girl he ever played or showed ignorance to, and he just forgot about me to move onto his next game. I consider this. Am I back in his game now? I’m not sure, but if I am I do know one thing. This time I will win and Drew WILL remember me.

***

Dancing with Kylie made everything a little bit better. Her grinding made my smile widen, even though I’m sure it was only because she was drunk and slipped a few times. Nothing like a hammered blonde girl falling while dancing!
My mind still swerves back to Amanda every now and then. I guess tomorrow I will just have to ask her why she didn’t show up. I bet the game will be worth the agonizing truth that she probably would rather sleep then party with me, dance with me. Hey! What really matters is that by the next time my mom is out of town, I WILL persuade Amanda to come. I WILL win this game.

J. said...
May 15 at 8:14 am:
first love always hurts... but the way u brought thnings up in the story is awsum!!!

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm:
OH MY GOD, NOW IM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. I just loved it so much, I couldn't stop reading it! You should bring like a sequel or something, because this is amazing! *wipes face* But really... pulling at my heartstring!

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:12 am :
Thanks :) haha it's one of my older stories but I thought that i owed all my readers that note at the end. 

kebs72890828 said...
Now this is what i was looking for.. great story i felt like i was watching a favorite movie of mine... Excellent! no need for me to say you will be a great writer some day because you already are .. keep up the good work

Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:21 am :
Thank ou so much! I haven't posted anything on Teen Ink for a while but I'm happy I decided to check the comments to check for new ones. I have started posting some of my new stories on Wattpad because that website doesn't take forever to upload stories :) So if you want to read those then just look up PrettyFaceUglyHeart :) Thank you soooo much for your comment again! 

CAgirl said...
This book was amazing <3 I'm so glad that Amanda and Drew got back together in the end :)

Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:21 am :
Thank you for your comment :) it makes me happy to know that someone likes the ending. I was actually debating on whether or not to make Amanda forgive Drew. Or vise versa. Happy to see someone liked my choice. :D

IwiLLhOpE said...
This book is absolutely the BEST! Finish the book,PRETTY PLEASEEE...

Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm :
All finished <3 Hope you love it!

kebs2908 said...
what happend to the number 9 it keeps showing the same thing as number 8

Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm :
When i was adding the chapters i pressed the 'ADD' button two times instead of one because I'm impatient. I fixed it though, so enjoy :) 

toriiii_lyn said...
I love this story so much! its fabulous and really keeps you wanting to read more! i want to read a part two!!!  

Nov. 3, 2012 at 2:31 pm :
Thank you so much for your comment! A new chapter is coming soon and it will explain A LOT about why Amanda is the way she is. I just have to edit it and than all we have to do  it wait :) thanks again! Hope you like the next chapters!!!

kebskelliey2898 said...
please keep going when do you think you will start again

Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm :
Just finished <3 hope you like it! :) 

prettysoccer_girl34 said...
I love this novel!!! It is awesome and im waiting for you to finish because it is amazing :)

Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:40 pm :
Thank you! I love writing this and to know that people like you enjoy it means the world to me! Sorry for the chapters taking so long to come out, I just want them to be perfect when you read them and this makes me take more time then I normally would. Thanks again and don't worry there's a lot more of this story to come! :D

Krazy.KatieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I am LOVING IT!!!

Sept. 18, 2012 at 9:07 pm :
Thanks for your comment! :) I'm happy you like it. I'm thining of changing some things around, but other then that you should be able to read the rest once i get my new computer (:  

JustAnotherDay.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Not half bad so far. Keep it going.