Unknown Fear

Author's note: When I wrote this short story, I was in sixth grade and loved scary movie. I had just been able...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: When I wrote this short story, I was in sixth grade and loved scary movie. I had just been able to go to a writers' workshop in Kansas City. I after I went to the workshop I was so inspired that I felt I just had to write something. I remembered about movies I'd seen about abductions and things in that nature and felt I needed to write about that. I know that this story still needs work and has a short ending, but I really like the story in the position it is in and I hope whom ever reads this story feels the smae way.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Prologue

I hear noises. I hear a horrible piercing scream. It’s a voice I’ve never heard. I feel the warm tears flow down my face – or is it blood? I’m not sure. I move closer to the door. My body shakes and shivers. I see splashes of paint on the door. I get a closer look. It’s not paint.
I still hear voices. Screaming. Yelling. Shouting. They all differ but I can’t tell the difference. I hear cries of pain. It’s still all of a sudden. I just hear a scratch on the floor going further…… and further. I stay near the door listening. It feels like years are passing by. After a long while I hear footsteps. Hard footsteps. They come closer….. and closer…… closer. The door flings open. I scream.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

LordHelen said...
Jan. 18 at 8:41 pm:
This is a great prologue. It did what most prologues are meant to do-grabbed my attention. Some prologues give backgrounds. But this one makes me want to see more of you're writing. Bravo.