Wishing in the Woods

Author's note: My grandmother's quote, "If we were all the same, life would be boring." truly inspired me.
Author's note: My grandmother's quote, "If we were all the same, life would be boring." truly inspired me.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

Tying Loose Ends

On Monday, I get ready for school and walk to Janet’s house. If you go through the woods, it only takes about three minutes. Mrs. Snowbound drops us off and we strut into the building. Janet and I get many looks from surprise to disgust. I feel like a bug under a microscope. I tell Janet I will see her at lunch and head for my locker.
My classes are the same as always. It is my peers that gaze at me strangely. I decide to overlook them and peruse my work.
After math, I race to my locker, get my lunch money, and find Janet. Her friends, Amy and Kerry, are also present. They appear to approve of me so I am glad. That is, until we run into some trouble.
My heart starts to beat ten times louder as I see who is before us. “Why are you talking to Ella? You all know she is a loser,” Tiffany sneers. She is a nasty spoiled girl who thinks she is number one. Why can’t you just leave me alone?
“Actually, I think you are the one that is the loser here. Don’t you dare talk about my friend like that again,” Janet counters. Never before have I seen Janet become so hostile. Tiffany does not know how to come back at that, so she awkwardly traipses away. I go over to Janet and thank her. She says it is no problem and that she knows I would reciprocate. At lunch, we sit and converse. No one tries to bully me because of what happened with Tiffany.
When school ends, my mom comes to pick up Janet and me. I ask if Amy and Kerry can also come over, and she says yes. Wow, life can change so much over a short period of time! We hop in the car and drive to my house.
There the four of us have a great deal of fun. Once we finish with our homework, we chat about everything and anything. All of them truly accept me for me, Violet and my parents finally understand me, and Tiffany has stopped being a bully. It turns out that my mother was actually right! If we were all the same, life would be boring.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6