New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Wishing in the Woods

Author's note: My grandmother's quote, "If we were all the same, life would be boring." truly inspired me.
Author's note: My grandmother's quote, "If we were all the same, life would be boring." truly inspired me.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Learning More

On the next day, Saturday, I creep out of my bed to come to the conclusion that no one else is home. My mother was nice enough to leave a sloppily written note about the breakfast in the fridge. Of course my parents decided to go to Violet’s cheer game instead of being with me. Now there is more time to be by myself. Though, I had plenty of time away yesterday.
After dressing for the day in my worn LIVE LAUGH LOVE T-shirt, I heated pancakes. The exquisite aroma from the chocolate chip pancakes makes my mouth start to water. The yearning is intense, but it suddenly vanishes by the first bite. When I finish, I get my cell phone where I find the number of Janet Snowbound, my possible new friend.
“Pick up! Pick up!” I mumble aloud to myself. My hands gradually start feeling extremely sweaty as I wait for someone to answer the phone. Finally, I hear a familiar voice.
“Hello, this is Janet speaking. Who is this please?”
“Hi Janet, it is Ella Safire. I was wondering if you want to meet me in the woods again.” I clutch the phone anxiously for a response.
“Sure! I would love to! Pick a time.”
Ten minutes later, we met at the well. Since we still do not know much about each other, we have much to converse about. I tell her how I love old T-shirts from past vacations and events. Also about my sister and what my parents thought of her. Janet looks at me with those piercing green eyes and listens. It feels awesome to talk to someone.
She came to the decision that maybe Violet does not know the way I feel about her. I contemplate that idea and conclude that she is probably right! My sister is never observant and I am always stoic. Maybe Violet will understand once I talk with her.
Later in the conversation, Janet shares her life story with me. She has an older sister that sounds pleasant the way Janet described her. I also find out that Janet’s favorite color is green like the fresh spring grass. That is when my cell phone starts to ring.