This Life.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Chapter 1

”Dare to enter” said the door of the next house. Morgyn was only 4 at the time. She ran away because she supposedly heard a scary monster voice. Everyone else just stayed and screamed. My name is Hallie, like Kali, but with a few extra letters. I am 14 years old. I live in California. My mom makes me take Morgyn with me everywhere. Tonight is Halloween. It is also my birthday. I guess that makes me evil. When we left that house we decided to go home because was 9:00pm and we have been out since 2:30pm. The next day came and it was going to be a good day. I went downstairs and my dad was there.
“Daddy why are you here?”
“Because Hallie,” We sat down.
“Because I wanted to spend time with my girls before I had to go back into the army. Who knows I could go in and never come back out.” I looked over and saw my mom and Morgyn crying and hugging in the doorway. My dad and I did the same. Later that day my dad took us out for some ice cream. As he paid for it I asked him a question I wish I never had.
“Daddy, why did you go into the army in the first place”
“ Hallie, you are 14 years old you do not need to know everything about me and your mother!” I stood there in shock. I could tell I had said something that I knew was wrong. Morgyn looked at me like I was the devil. Like I had just killed a cute innocent little animal and she was ready to attack my face. When we were done eating our ice cream we got in the car and drove home. The whole car ride home was silent. The most silent car ride I had ever been part of, and it was all because of me. Although the car ride was so silent it could have been a good thing. It gave me time to think. I thought about me not seeing my dad again and I realized how much it would hurt. Not only me but my younger sister and my mother. The two most important people in my life. I ran into the house, not crying yet. I ran upstairs, jumped into my bed and threw my blanket over my head. The tears strolled down my hot cheeks. My hot embarrassed cheeks. I realized that my dad had never yelled at me in public and I realized that it hurt me, a lot. I remembered I had to be strong for Morgyn. Morgyn came over to me and I knew that she was hurting deep down inside too. Morgyn looked up at me with her baby blue eyes and asked me the cutest but most serious question I had ever heard her say.
“ Hallie, Is it okay to cry?” she said with tears swelling up in her eyes Morgyn what do you mean is it okay to cry? I asked seriously.
“ Well, I want to be strong for mommy because I know she is going to miss daddy too and I just don’t want to make her sad too.”
I held her close and looked out the window. I saw that it was raining. The calming beat of the rain hitting against my window could put me to sleep. I lifted Morgyn up and layed her in my bed. I rubbed her head and put her to sleep. I did the same. When she finally fell asleep I closed my eyes and fell asleep instantly. I woke up in this strange place. Where was I? I was in a field with a bunch of headstones everywhere. Was I visiting a family member? I thought hard for a minute. I looked over to see my mom standing over a headstone with a baby in a carriage. Could it be my dad? I started to run and jump over the headstones but I realized I was not getting anywhere. My mom started to walk away. I started to scream but she could not hear me. When I finally got there and looked down I realized, it was me. She was crying because of me. I was 6 feet under the ground, a rotting corpse. On the headstone it said:
Hallie Melody Mead
Born into the world October 31st 1993
Entered into rest on April 16th 2007.
A loving big sister and a loved daughter.
I tried to cry but I couldn’t. My eyes would not tear up. I woke up and felt my cheeks. They were wet. I didn’t understand how because I couldn’t cry in my dream.Morgyn came into the room and said,
“Hallie are you okay?” she said worriedly.
“Yes Morgyn I am fine, now go away!” I snapped back at her.
“But Hallie”
“But Hallie nothing, GO AWAY!”
“I’m sorry Hallie.” Her lip quivered a little then she started to cry and ran away. I felt terrible. I felt like the meanest big sister in the whole world. Like there was a big sign over my head saying. “ Mean big sister, stay away.”
My mom came in the room.
“Hallie? Why are you being so mean to your little sister?”
I felt my throat tighten up a little. I was scared to admit the truth.
“Mom, I had a dream that you were at a cemetery.”
“ What? Why was I at the cemetery?”
“ Mom, it was me, I was dead.”
At that moment I realized that the date that said I died on my headstone was the day Morgyn was born. Then I realized that I could have died when she was born. That little girl took a piece of me.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

luv2run2299This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I liked it. But, felt like it was cut off short and thought when she had the babies it was a dream. Cool though.

shacey replied...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:16 am :
No. Her life before she had the babies was a dream. I have more to the story coming though. It won't be cut off short for long

luv2run2299This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 3:20 pm :
Oh! I understand now! Thanks for the explanation. KEEP WRITING! :D

shacey replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 7:09 am :
Your Welcome! and thanks for the encouragment :)))