New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Entwined

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Aiden

The lights come on and everybody cheers. Blue eyes walks over to me and helps me up.
“Take five til the obstacle course.” Burly Man booms and everyone exits the room.
Blue eyes hold my torso while I limp out.
“I’m sorry.” He says sounding sincere.
“For kicking my butt?” I ask.
“Uh.” He stammers turning a little red.
“It’s okay. Reputation and all. I understand.”
Blue turns and looks at me like he’s got something to ask but then shakes it away.
“You went easy a few times.” I say, “Thanks.”
He presses his lips together and I see a set of dimples cave into his cheeks. “I couldn’t hurt you.”
“Is my lip bleeding?” I ask.
Blue’s eyes widen and he examines it. I laugh before he says anything seeing I’m joking he relaxes.
“It won’t happen again.”
We walk together to a bench just outside the obstacle course where my next test will take place.
“Thank you.” I say.
He nods before he whispers fiercely, “Pretend I’m talking about the course. Listen Courtney Shay FLEET isn’t a good organization. You have got to fail the tests. Get out of here while you still can.”
Blue’s comment scares me but I don’t admit it. Instead I say, “It wasn’t my plan to be here or stay.”
“Good.” He replies.
“Why are you telling me this?” I ask.
He hesitates then says, “Before you got here they had a conference with all FLEET personnel. They said there was something extremely special with the newest person coming into FLEET. You hold some sort of regiment. The key to all our problems they said. They want to keep you here forever. Eventually everyone here goes home and new members join. They said you weren’t to be released ever. You have got to show them you aren’t what they are looking for. FLEET wants to use you to-“ Blue stops midsentence because someone is approaching us. Skander walks to us and sits down next to Blue.
“Hey guys. How’s it going?” she asks.
Blue shrugs, “Alright I was merely telling Courtney Shay the best way to beat the obstacle course. We wouldn’t want her to fail now would we?”
Skander’s eyes widen in alarm, “No of course not. And by the way Aiden you went way too hard on her during the arena test. Nick was mad. He said it was like you were trying to scare her.”
We all laugh nervously.
“Don’t worry.” I tell Skander. “It was nice to be challenged and I’m no scaredy cat.”
She laughs relieved, “Cool. I uh got to go check on my… I got to go do something.” She says and walks away towards the Intelligence Board office. Blue and I both know exactly what she has to go do.