New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > The Sparkle Factor

The Sparkle Factor

drmstarlet21
The Sparkle Factor
Summary: Sally's already fed up with her parents after, during eighth grade, they force her into an early retirement from soccer because of "too many concussions". Now, they uproot the family to move back to Providence Springs, where her older brother was born. Even after a tough start, Sally makes friends -and a few enemies- faster than she's willing to admit at NRHS, including grudgingly at first with sophomore class heartthrob Jacob Calloway. Everything seems to be going well, however crazily, until she meets the leader of BMS, and everything breaks down.

Sneak peek (not verbatim)...

I looked up, and there he was, simply staring at me out of those incredibly warm, chocolate brown eyes. He broke into a mischievous smile, and my insides went into free fall as my heart melted into roasted marshmallow goo.
What was happening to me? How could I let this wavy-haired boy just waltz in and turn my life upside down in the blink of an eye? This was unfamiliar territory, and I scolded myself in my mind to stop crushing on uncrushables. Jacob "Unknown" was about as uncrushable as they come, especially for someone like me, but unfortunately, this didn't seem to be something I could help.
I stared, hopelessly trapped in those suddenly beautiful eyes, as he paraded closer to me.
He stuck out of one broad, olive-skinned hand for a shake, his tone polite and charming in that easy way of his. "Hi. I'm going to pretend we've never met before. I'm Jacob Calloway. And, you are?"

nemish23 said...
May 9, 2012 at 3:00 am:

please, please, please write more! this is so interesting, i'd love to read more!

<3

writer_girl15 said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:05 am:
ah! i wanted to know what abigal smiled about!!! this is great, the kind of book you want to sit down and read the whole thing in one sitting :) pleeeease post mored chapters!!!

writer_girl15 replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:06 am :
mored, lol, i meant 'more'.

drmstarlet21 replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:03 pm :
Hahahha thanks!!!!! :) I have a few more chapters, I'm just still in editing mode. I'll definitely post more soon! :)

writer_girl15 replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm :

yea!!!

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 3:09 am:
Awesome story!!! I love the characters already ^-^ I hope you write more chapters soon!!

drmstarlet21 replied...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm :
Thanks :) I'll try my best!!