New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Just Listen

Hannah B.
Just Listen
Summary: Just Listen tells the story of a tragic girl's life, through four different perspectives of a school jock, a popular girl, a school nerd, and the school rebel.

This story reminds us that you can't judge everyone by what is on the surface, just as you can't tell the sturggles each person is facing.

Tags: friends

Luckystar78 said...
This book is so beautiful - it tells the tragic short story of regret and peer pressure and bullying and suicide - and all this was made even better by the alternate viewpoints - you really know how to bring different characters to life! Such a sad book, I hope people learn from this and don't deliberately try to hurt other people - or do nothing about bullying, which is, in a way, a little worse. This should be published definitely!

HannahB replied...
Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm :
Thanks so much! I really appreciate everyone who reads it and I'm so glad it is helping to spread a very important message!

Julia1029 said...
May 30, 2012 at 8:03 pm:
Oh my gosh that was so sad :'( Your are such a great writer. I hope that didn't happen to anyone you know.

Hannah B. replied...
May 30, 2012 at 8:12 pm :

Thank you so much! And no it didnt happen to me personally, however I have friends that have experienced this, and also this was inspired by current news stories about bullying and suicide. Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated!

randumfaveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey, would you be ok with it if me and my youth group reenacted this story? We will put it on youtube and give you full acknowlegements for it. If you want I can email you back and forth if you want some specific things done. I just thought it would be a cool thing for some youthgroup stuff and we love the story enough that we really want to do this. Thanks for yoour time, and sorry for any wrong grammar I did this all on my kindle :)

HannahB replied...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:05 pm :
That would be awesome and totally okay! There's nothing specific I would want you guys to do, but I love the fact that you love this book enough to reenact it! Thank you so much for doing this, and I can't wait to watch it when its all done! :)

randumfaveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm :
sweet! That's awesome, thank you for allowing us to do it, I'll comment when we're done, but that won't be for a while, thanks again!

Mark M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great story! It definitely will touch many people.  Actually, this could be a much longer novel, expanded from these separate personal narratives into a larger book following the storyline described by your characters. I love the ending.

autumndisaster said...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 11:18 am:
This has to be the most wonderful thing I have read. It is possitively the most amazing thing. It really reflects the emotions of the people and it's just great and hsdgfsgjskdgf.

HannahB replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 8:40 pm :
Really thank you! YOu have no idea how awesome it is for me to hear that about this story! I'm glad you enjoyed the emotions of the characters; i really worked hard to make them believable and emotional! Thank you for your amazing comment!!

autumndisaster replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 9:15 am :
The hard work you put into was inspiring, really.

That brought me to close to tears.

And I'm a guy.

I love how you put that together so perfectly. How you connected everything together. How everyone fet a connection to the girl, whether that be because they were friends or because they had an english class together. Beautifully written, I must say I'm jealous you could pull this off so well.

I'm currently writing a similar story, I actually have a short version of it already on this website called without any parachute, ... (more »)

HannahB replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm :
Thanks so much for the amazing comment! I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and understood the connections I was trying to make between each character! The topic of depression was a difficlut one, however I felt the emotional aspects were so interesting to explore! And I'd love to read your short story/novel... where is it located? Thanks so much again!

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:53 am:
OMG, i think i have just found my soul book!!!

Meko8195 said...
May 17, 2011 at 6:13 pm:
crying right now..... :) a great book.  I was amazed how instead of doing the "girls" feelings you did the other people she was connected to. It made it very unique and VERY realistic. I wish this book had a favorite utton cuz i would love to add it to my favorites.

HannahB replied...
May 17, 2011 at 7:30 pm :
Thanks so much!

NeverShoutNeverFan said...
May 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm:
wow this was truly very well written! i love that there was no direct dialogue and i love that there was repetition of the same event, but from a different character's eyes. i especially loved chapters 9 and 11 idk why haha :) but very good ending and i loved how u had those four chapters where they all began with "this is all my fault" and ended with "i felt so alone". it's like they share her pain and they understand. overall great story! :) plz check out my story: Last Note, if you have time,... (more »)

HannahB replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 8:36 pm :
Thank you so much! I tried to use the repetition to show how alike the characters were and how similarly they felt about the situation. And i really enjoyed your book as well! Thanks again for the great comment!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 13, 2011 at 9:55 am:
I was in tears the whole time I read this! I loved the style you used, showing four points of views. Even though each chapter was short, I found that you were able to convey a lot of meaning into them. The voices of the characters gave the story life, and their thoughts were realistic. I can't think of anything wrong with this story. I'm glad you never gave us the name of 'her'. It makes me feel like everyone has their problems, and everyone needs someone to listen to. The ending was superb and ... (more »)

Hannah B. replied...
May 13, 2011 at 4:29 pm :
Thanks so much! I was trying to make it relatable for anyone, thats why I didn't give her name. Thanks! :)