Last Note

Tarunika A.
Last Note
Summary: Leia Turner has spent half of her life with an alcoholic dad, a brother who cuts himself, and a mom who can't stand up for herself. She's encountering the usual teen problems on top of that: a ton of homework, a best friend who's gone off to be a minion of Melinda Braff, the Queen Bee, and a boy who is clueless about her feelings for him. Juggling all these problems when you're just in ninth grade is bound to get you stressed. Leia is no longer the usual fun-loving, talkative girl. She can't take the weight of her family and school anymore. So she decides to overdose and end her suffering. Before going through with her plan, she writes a note to everyone, letting them know why she killed herself and why they should change themselves for the better. But when she wakes up in a hospital and not on a cloud somewhere above the sky, she knows that there will be consequences. Especially since the entire population of Woodbridge, California knows all of her last thoughts about everyone. Can Leia survive, or will she drown in her sea of sadness once again?

This book has 52 comments. Post your own now!

Forever wishing said...
 I really enjoyed your story! It is something a lot of people can relate to, the feelings thoughts and actions. Will it continue? Anyway, it is amazing!:)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Posting new chapters and new edits of the story righttt now :) 

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Thanks :) 

DannehBoi said...
Okay.... I LOVED this! But I was actually thinking it could have been a lot better if it was longer.. You just kinda left me hanging at the end.. I want to know what happens with her and Hunter, with her and her brother, with her and her classmates.. But it was really good, and I enjoyed it. There should be a second one! (:

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
haha wow thanks!(: haha its not over yet, ive just been super busy with school! chapter 9 should be up in a couple weeks(:

DannehBoi replied...
You're welcome (: And oh really? Haha I'm sorry I totally thought it was :P But now I'm all pumped up and ready for the next chapter! This story is so good and I love it, I'm glad it's not over. (:

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
haha thanks(:

DannehBoi replied...
You're welcome. (:

DayDreaamer replied...
Ahh I can't waaaiit (:

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:12 am
hey its been FOREVER but ive re written some of it with edits here and there, and 3 or 4 new chapters! check it out if you have time!

cjnthinkguitar said...

This is amazing! I am instantly drawn in...

I just have one question.

Do you use yahoo answers?

About a year ago, a question was submitted asking about what would happen to a teenage girl after a failed suicide attempt... Would she go to theropy, rehab or just back to school? Are you the person who asked this question?

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
thanks! ummm no i dont use yahoo answers sorry!

Steph0804 said...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:42 am
This is a very creative plotline. You know all those stories where the main character commits suicide in the end? This is the opposite. And it's about the consequences of a failed attempt- which no one has ever written about before. The part where I can relate the most to is Mrs. Grisholm, and how there's always someone who doesn't actually want to help for the other person's good; usually, they think of themselves as the knight in shining armor and imagine the other in their arms, crying out of... (more »)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
thanks so much! you totally got what i was going for! i mean there are so many books about people trying to commit suicide but i really wanted to write about what would happen if it actually happened, adn then it didnt work. thanks :)

Cielo4ever said...
I LOVE this story...the first line got me...the one where she can't open her eyes? AWESOME!!! :)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:37 am
thanks so much! :)

Cielo4ever replied...
seriously though, i can't believe i wrote that comment. It was a lie.

Cielo4ever replied...
Because i don't LOVE it im IN LOVE with it! You HAVE to finish it!!! <3 love it sooo so so so much. Seriously, if you get this thing in book stores I'll pay so much for it...keep writitng!! <3

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
haha i totally freaked out for a second i was like a lie?? haha and wow thanks! that means so much for someone to say theyd go and buy it!!! :) thanks! i will definitly finish it! ive been a little busy  with school

Cielo4ever replied...
haha ^^ awesome. and Yeah schools pretty tough :/ but keep it up you rock :P