New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Prologue

Thought a poem might set the begining well
How could I love him?

The Social Class Beast

As I watch him across the room at this feast.

His eyes glow red

And his wrists bleed

He’s like a vampire that always needs to feed.

He’s rude

And crude

Wanting people to fear him.

Yet, I love him

The Social Class Beast

As his eyes scan over me

And a smile forms across his face.

Making me feel like I’m in just the right place.

Vam_apperatus_vampire said...
I still love reading this i can't wait for the new chapter XD

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 28, 2012 at 7:34 am :
posted new chapters ^-^

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:59 am:
wow,just realized this was in the realistic fiction section...oops. this story really isn't going to be too realistic. i plan to have KC cursed and Misti the only one to break it. Hope you guys don't mind.

writerthinkerdreamer said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm:
Are K.C. and Bentley the same person?

Jul. 26, 2011 at 2:31 am :
yes and no...both KC and Bently are going to be the major conflict in the story.

drmstarlet21 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 3:41 pm:

Hey Vanendra!! Just a couple comments...

First of all, your first sentence isn't very intriguing. It ought to hook your readers, drawing them in, and yours doesn't really do that for me. I understand, as I am terrible at that, but it was just one of many errant thoughts.

Also, you have a few grammatical/spelling errors. The ones I found are mainly something like you using "past" when it ought to be "passed" etc.

I also think it's a little out of the blue that Bentley just... (more »)

Jul. 26, 2011 at 2:35 am :
lol, i know i suck at spelling,sorry...yeah i need better transitions and a better intro sentence...bentley only appears everywhere because,well,you'll find out soon...this is just a rough draft, i hope that by next summer it will be finnished and edited...and i'll read and comment on your stories as soon as i can :D

ani70 said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 8:47 am:
Hey! I am epically loving your story.
Please check out my novel You and I it would mean a lot to me! And in the top rated...you have got it sizzling XD

ani70 replied...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 8:48 am :
just awesome story!

Jul. 26, 2011 at 2:36 am :
thank you!!! i'll check out your story in a bit :)

Someone said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:44 am:
I have a few comments for this. Yes, the idea is great, but I think you could expand the chapters, maybe add more details. This story goes a bit too fast and it seems more like a girl's fantasy (especially the whole singing bit) than an actual story. I just feel like it needs to seem more realistic. Everything that happens is too coincidental that I find it hard to believe. The dialogue could use a bit of work. The story seems a bit forced, like you're making things happen as opposed to letting ... (more »)

Jul. 23, 2011 at 12:46 pm :
ou have'nt offended me at all. I agree I think its going too fast and some bits seem a bit unrealistic. This is just a rough draft though so dont worry about it too much. I plan on editing it when I have time. Thanks for commenting. ^-^

Someone replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 9:46 am :
Haha, no problem. Just doing what I can to make the story better. The idea you have going on is really, really good, and I would love to read more!!! :)

Sept. 26, 2011 at 6:42 am :
thanks  you :)

Jul. 20, 2011 at 7:20 pm:
new chapter posted

Rosaa said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm:
This is really good! I love the poems at the beginning and at the end - they were a really nice touch:) you're a very talented writer!

Oct. 31, 2011 at 6:42 am :
thanks! those were the only two good poems I ever wrote xD

writerthinkerdreamer said...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 7:45 pm:
Hello, Vanendra. I was wondering if you'd let me use this part of your story in a book I'm writing. I will definitely give you full credit for it, I just want to write about what comes next.... I can't get it out of my head, I've already written three more chapters, and if you'll allow me, I'll have it published when I'm done, but if you won't, I'll respect your wishes. Thank you for your time, Jari

Sept. 26, 2011 at 6:44 am :
which story were you going to use them for?

introducingshelby said...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 5:42 pm:

I really, really liked this o:

Do you think you could check out my work? (I've got a novel by the name of "kiwi link" and it is NOT getting good views. Maybe you could give me some pointers?)