The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Prologue

Thought a poem might set the begining well
How could I love him?

The Social Class Beast

As I watch him across the room at this feast.

His eyes glow red

And his wrists bleed

He’s like a vampire that always needs to feed.

He’s rude

And crude

Wanting people to fear him.

Yet, I love him

The Social Class Beast

As his eyes scan over me

And a smile forms across his face.

Making me feel like I’m in just the right place.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

This book has 272 comments. Post your own now!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:06 am
I'm reading this a chapter at at time, and it's really good so far :) Intriguing if a tiny bit unrealistic (her reaction seemed extreme, but I guess it could happen :P) Anway, I like it a lot :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 11:30 am
Is this the end?!

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
lol, nope not yet...I just put the epilouge in for the ppl who want to get a glimpse at the ending.

I'm a little confused - are you switching perspectives in the middle of the book? I can see this last chapter being the beginning or end... :P

Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:35 am
the last poem/ chapter I posted is the epilouge to this book. i put it there for those people wo like to look at the last page of a book before reading it. i wont b switching perspectives until the last few chapter of this story... There's a huge reason why......I'll add more chapters on wednesday. Hope you continue to read this book ^-^

Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:05 am
Oh okay :) I'll keep reading for sure :)

thank you :D

Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:24 am
yeah, this story is going to get a bit unrealistic /: sorry for putting it in the realistic section.

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:01 am
I actually found a publishing company thats willing to publish my book despite my age!!!! ^-^ so this book will be coming out sometime next fall....I'll still be posting chapters on here though until I actually get a contract to read :D

OfficialApprover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

What publishing company?  What did they say?

Sorry, it's just that, I want to make sure it's not a scam--there are too many of those nowadays. =\ Publishing companies don't just contact people about their books unless it's a set-up like inkpop, which is run by HarperCollins.  The way it goes is the author contacts an agent/agents with query letters about their books.  They usually get numerous rejections, but if an agent likes the sound of their query lette... (more »)

well my english teacher owns the company so I know its not a scam. he said that so far my storyis pretty good but should finish thebook before submitting it.... I think the company is called Nofrillsbuffalo the website address is as follows.(because editors of this website wont let me add a link)...

nofrillsbuffalo

.com         

Feb. 23, 2011 at 7:30 am

Uh oh. =\ I checked out the website, and I'm not entirely sure it's legitimate.  Have you talked to any editors, or the publishers themselves? Because while I don't know how old you are, so your work may be very good for your age, and I can understand how your English teacher would think that, that doesn't mean it's quite ready for publishing. First, you need to finish it.  Books, typically, need to be at least 50k, or else they're novellas, which are incredibly difficult to publish... (more »)

Thankyou for caring sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much ^-^....I just tured 16 and I know that my work needs alot of editing. I also know that I have to finish it, thats hard for me because I don't stick to my stories easily. My teacher owns the company, I've been there before, its a very small company, but its legit.

Well, if you're sure about it, then alright. =) 

Yes, sticking with a story is the most difficult part.

Sept. 14, 2012 at 9:41 am
Yes its suuuuper hard, and then you have to go back and edit it a zillion times >.<

Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:00 am
To My Readers: Do you think I should tell this story from KC's point of veiw?

Mara03851 replied...

I'd prefer if you didn't change it to KC's view, but I am enjoying this book so much, I'd read it anyway.

I don't know how you came up with the idea for this book, but I think it's really good.

I hope you get more chapter's up really soon!

-Mara03851

Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:41 am
okay ^-^ thankyou soooooo much for the compliments....there will be a sequel to this book when I finish it I hope you enjoy! :D ^-^ <3

sparkledreamer replied...
I think you might want to do a chapter or an epilogue as to what KC was thinking however it is really good right now so continue writing and think about that for later on.