The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

That Sleezy Bastard

My eyes snapped open and I hissed in pain as I subconsciously moved my cut arm. The blood had dried my arm in place on the sheet, the fabric pulling my wound open again. Biting back a hiss, I pulled off the sheet and wrapped it around my wrist before heading towards the bathroom to clean up. Fumbling in the dark, I finally opened the door and headed down the hallway.

“Hello there!” Bentley called out in a chipper voice. Ignoring him, I continued to the bathroom. Why was he so happy?
KC's POV
I elbowed the wall until it found the light switch and the light flickered on. He walked over and leaned in the doorway, making me feel on edge as he scanned the scenario. “Guess what…” He chuckled and folded his arms. I just glared at him from the mirror as I cleaned my cut. “I met a girl last night, she was totally swooning over me… The time’s ticking for you though, especially if you keep doing that.” He nodded towards my arm and just stared at the cut. That little bitch was judging me!

“If you liked her so much, what was her name? Or was she just a toy to you?” I asked, my interest waning as I finished cleaning and bandaging my arm. So he was flirting with a girl, what did I care? Leaning against the sink, I watched him through the mirror. It was so weird to stare at someone who looked like my twin.

“Psht, a toy? C’mon, I’m in this game to win.”

“Game?”

“I mean my life… You can’t think you’d find love faster than me. I have the grades and the looks of the normal American scholar, while you look and act like something from American Horror Story.” Bentley snorted and started walking towards me, his eyes flicking across us in the mirror. “I was once trapped inside your mind, you think I’m going back to that? I love school, I love food, and I love sex. I’m not going to give up on trying to live…”

I gritted my teeth. The only person that could piss me off more than that book-nerd girl from school was this sleazy bastard.

“Love is more than just sex, and life is more than just school. You being here was just an accident.” I snarled, turning around and storming towards my room. His cackling laugh sent a shiver down my spine.

“And if you knew everything, you wouldn’t have read that spell that brought me here!”

“F off!”

“Well I would, but I need a ride to school. And I would have my own license but I’m pretty sure the government wouldn’t take kindly to the fact that I have no identification due to being somebody’s ‘Alternate Personality’.”

He was such a smartass, Bentley didn’t have to give me any sass.

“How do you manage to keep switching schools then?” My voice was a grumble as I grabbed my school bag and headed downstairs.

“Well, see, your parents’ money can buy a lot of things.” The cockyness in his voice was so infuriating!

“Whatever.” was all I could mutter as I walked out to my car, getting in the driver’s seat and blasting the radio so that I wouldn’t have to hear his voice anymore. It was an hour before classes actually started for today, but I honestly didn’t give a single f.

Driving slow is really painful. I could’ve gone 45 but I had to kill time somehow, so 25 was the new 45. Bentley didn’t approve, but he was studying his schedule, not really paying attention to my driving. The radio had to be turned off after a while because I started to get a headache. I just had a feeling that today was going to be a terrible day.

An hour later I was sitting in my biology class in the same seat I had the other day. But, lucky me, Bentley sat to my left and now I was just waiting on Misti to come in and sit to my right. Surrounded by bitches and assholes, great!

I sighed as I stared at the clock. She did try to help me out the other day though, so I guess I couldn’t completely hate her. A few minutes went by before I realised why I was watching the time.

I was waiting to see her again.

xXpOpTaRtLoLxX said...

I'd really enjoyed reading this for sure! I loved reading the fight for sure. Am glad that the  words are clean....I enjoy that part. It's good that you could control the ammount of cussing here, great job.

-Chanelle:D

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 12, 2011 at 8:55 am :
(meant this as a reply to your comment, not as a new one lol) Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I try to control the cussing because some people like it and some people find it unnecessary. I had more chapters to post but my computer got a virus so I'm stuck typing on the school's computers. Expect more chapters by Friday :D

xXpOpTaRtLoLxX said...

I am excited to read this.....it sounds promising and very interesting. Hhaha:D

-Chanelle:D

Heartification said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:17 am:
i adored this ! i can't get enough of it !! plz add a new chapter soon ! ur such a talented author !!

Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:38 am :
Thank you!!!!!! I'm going to add a new chapter this week I swear!!! :D <3

Heartification replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:01 pm :
i just realized how pushy i must have sounded - sry . take ur time ! but yes - i have 2 admit - ur novel rlly does make the reader want 2 plunge deeper into the story .

Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:28 am :
really? you didn't sound pushy :) and thanks for the compliment ^-^

Woahalliee said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 8:24 pm:
I love the Shiver series ! :) 

Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:37 am :
When does the third book come out?! I can't wait till it does! ^-^

Harmony657 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm :
The third book, Forever, comes out July 12! By the way, your book is AMAZING :) Please post more!

PurpleWriter said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm:
I LOVE this story SO much!!!!! Please add more to this story and Behind the Scars!! I also hope you check out mine when i finish it. It's called The Searcher's Ally.

Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:36 am :
thank you I'm glad you like my stories :D. I will be adding more chapters this week,last week the school's computers didn't let the chapters copy and paste last week but I think its working now...I would love to read your book, please tell me when its posted :D

PurpleWriter replied...
Apr. 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm :
Ok. I promise to tell you. Oops, I made a mistake in the title. It is actually called The Searcher's Allies.

Vam_apperatus_vampire said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 12:11 am:
Loved the story I wanna know what happens next. Please make more.

Mar. 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm :
Thankyou!!!! :D I will this weekend I promise! ^-^

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:41 am:
Yay!!!! The new chapter is posted!!!! ^-^

sparklylittlereddevilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 7:48 am:

I love this story line~! Its so cool how you've gone with the Beauty and the Beast concept...I just love these kinds of stories. You can go so many ways with this.

The part when Misti hides from KC using her hair...TWILIGHT!! I'm sorry, but I just shouted that out loud when I read it. Maybe you should try something else there?

And I think you're a really talented poet. I love all your poems - they're so meaningful; I kinda want to save them on my PC. o(>v<)o

... (more »)

Mar. 10, 2011 at 8:48 am :

lol thank you soooooo much!!!!! I didn't notice the hair thing was like bella's until now lol... The song thing I thought of when I was home alone and singing in the house, I thought, "what would Misti do if she's singing by herself and then realizes she's not alone?" so thats what I wrote. I'm sooooooooooo happy you like it so far, I'm happy to announce that I will be adding new chapters this weekend. :D

P.S.  If you liked this you might want to check my other books... (more »)

Mar. 10, 2011 at 5:43 am:
Yay the fixed chapters are posted ^-^

AnyaLafayaa said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm:
I do not want to tell you how to write your story, because it is yours. No matter what I say, you need to do what you feel is right for the novel. But, if you so insist, my opinion is that you should not switch to KC's point of view. I think it is difficult to write in a guy's point of view, and although I do an alright job at it, it does not truly portray what a real guy thinks. Besides, Misti is interesting enough that just because you keep with her perspective, it won't make you lose any fans... (more »)

Mar. 1, 2011 at 5:40 pm :
:D thankyou!!!! I think I'll stick with Misti's perspective until the last few chapters.