New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

Bentley An Alter Ego

After the last bell had rung I headed off to my car. It wasn’t a high end vehicle, I wanted attention, but I didn’t want to seem like a spoiled rich kid. If I showed that I had money then people would just use me. And I’m the user and abuser, not anyone else. I got into my old Dodge ram and started the car.
“So are we going to get burgers or something? I’m starving, it takes too long for your school day to end.” At his voice I gritted my teeth, I thought I had finally gotten
Told in Kent Charles' POV. "Shouldn't his nickname be spelled K.C. then?" No, because...you'll see later -.-
rid of him.
“Bentley, get out of my car.” I hissed, today was not the day. Its bad enough I had to deal with Misti all day, I didn’t need him bothering me too. Bentley let out a short menacing laugh.
“Its funny how you thought you could leave me. I’m a part of you, when you move, I follow…Kind of like a shadow.” Grimacing, I pulled out of the school’s parking lot without responding. “Hello, the spell, the girl, the kiss…remember?” I stopped at a red light and glared at him. His green eyes flicked over me. “Looks like the spell has gotten worse for you…What are you wearing?” He asked, brushing his bangs out of his eyes. Biting my tongue, I started to drive once the light was green again.
“Where are you getting off?” I growled with hatred, already knowing the answer.
“Your place silly…C’mon at least act like you miss me.”
“I don’t.”
“You only did this to yourself you know…And thanks for that by the way, without that spell I wouldn’t be here.”
I gritted my teeth as my eyes wandered to the tree line. Maybe if I drove the car into a tree it would kill the both of us.
A few years back I had found a leather bound book with a bunch of spells in it. So thinking it was just a hoax, I said one outloud. The spell I read split my personality in half. I used to be a normal nobody, but in the split I got the rebellious side and Bentley appeared with my good side. In order to break the curse you had to find your true love or whatever. If Bentley gets a true loves kiss, then my existence is no more; and vice-versa.
Apparently halfway through the drive, Bentley took the silence as an invitation for him to speak again.
“So I’ve decided to enroll into your new school, it’s a shame I’ll be a senior though. I really wished to have you in my classes. Too bad you were held back a year huh?” Once again I found my eyes glancing at the tree line. A strong enough impact should kill us both. “Oh Kent Charles, don’t think about it. I’d rather go through with our competition to find true love.” Bentley chuckled darkly. I wasn’t enjoying this at all.
“Only nineteen months left…Does the book say what would happen to the both of us if neither of us find ‘true love’?” I pulled up my driveway and to my new home. It was a huge stone mansion that faced a man-made lake.
“I have no clue.” He shrugged, “But I guess we’ll find out won’t we?” His eyes looked up at the building as we slowed to a stop. Bentley gave a little impressed whistle, “I’m still unclear about how your parents make so much money.”
Ignoring him I headed up to the front door and walked inside. “Mom? Dad?” I called out. Nobody responded, only my echo in the huge space greeted me. “Feliciata?” I asked, hoping at least the maid would be there. Still no response. Sighing I headed up to my room. Bentley followed behind me. His presence was really starting to piss me off. Couldn’t he just leave me alone?
“So where’s the book?” Bentley scowled as he walked into my room, noticing that barely anything was unpacked.
“Hey if you have a lot of free time, why don’t you go unpack the library.” I snapped, taking my i-pod from my pocket and pulling its charger from a box. “Because I’m not sure if you noticed, but I have my own things to unpack.” With a grimace, Bentley left my room.
I had to admit, I hadn’t expected my room to be so perfect. The walls were painted black and the window had been shut up. Apparently the past owner used to use this as his dark room; which meant that I could sleep in better on the weekends. I had both regular room lights and dim darkroom lights…It was so cool.
Quickly I started to open boxes and take out the things I needed most. My laptop went on my desk and I had hung up my clothes in the closet. Things were really starting to come together. Rummaging through a box, my fingers grasped a picture frame and I gulped, pulling it out. I knew what it was. A picture of my parents and I at Disney World when I was six. I gritted my teeth as I glared at the strangers in the picture with me, trying to imagine them older but still as loving as they used to be. My imagination avoids me and I toss the photo in the waste basket. If they had loved me, maybe I wouldn’t mind if they had a business trip here or there. But they were gone constantly. An absence nobody else could replace…Then I remembered that the trips became more frequent right after the spell was cast.
With this realization, I headed towards the library and opened the huge double doors. My jaw fell in amazement as I stared in awe at my library. All of the books were unpacked and put onto the shelves. All of the walls were covered with rows and rows of books that reached from floor to ceiling. There was no way Bentley could’ve done all of this by himself.
“How in hell…?” I murmured as I looked at Bentley who was sitting in the middle of the room in a recliner. “Did you do this?”
“Yep.” He motioned for me to go over and sit with him, so I did. “Here.” Bentley flipped through the spell book and pointed at one of the spells. “It practically does all of the work for you.”
“Cool…I need to see the book.” My hands took the book from him and I flipped to our spell, ‘The Personality Split’ one. “My parents seemed to stop coming home when I did this spell.”
“Maybe your part of your personality makes people want to avoid you…” His suggestion could be right, but we wouldn’t know until my parents decided to come home for once.
“Maybe you’re wrong.” I hissed, trying not to think too much of his suggestion. He shrugged and read the spell over my shoulder.
“Does it say anything about if we both don’t find ‘true love’ in time?”
“Not yet.” I flipped to the next page which listed the side effects and explained how to break the spell. Skimming over it, I didn’t see anything that stood out.
“Right there.” His finger landed on a part of the explanation where it mentioned us.
“Both halves cannot co-exist after the spell has been broken. If they both fail to find their true love then they will both perish. The first half that receives true love’s kiss will be able to continue living. The other half will fade away.” I frowned, “Guess I should start planning my funeral then. Love is so over-rated, and its not like ‘true love’ exists anymore… We’re screwed!” Standing up, I shoved the book back into his arms before heading off to my room again to sulk. Putting the dim lights on, I sat on my bed and rested my head in my hands. This was all such a headache. Only nineteen months to live. Never have I thought that a spell could be the end of me until I found that stupid book.
Looking down I noticed that I was still wearing the stupid lost and found clothes. I gritted my teeth and changed into some pajama bottoms and a tee. Sure I knew Misti didn’t mean to throw milk on me, but what the hell? Can’t a guy draw in the cafeteria without getting soaked? And what was up with that orange? It was a nice gesture I guess… But an orange? I sighed and happened to look over at the picture in the waste basket. A pang of longing and sorrow shot through me as I slowly reached for my cell phone. Quickly I dialed my mother’s cell phone number. There were five rings, which made me hopeful that she might answer.
“Hi this is Ally, I’m most likely working at the moment. Leave your name and number and I’ll try to get back at you.”
“Damn machine!” I hissed and hung-up, throwing my phone across the room. Why didn’t they want me? Was it because I had been acting up lately? Was it because I’d been bad? I could change. I would change if that would bring them back. My thoughts clouded my mind and I needed something to distract me.
I searched the boxes until I found it. A small razor was all I needed to make a small cut ‘across the street’. Sitting back on my bed I cut my left wrist, grimacing in pain as I did so. It wasn’t a deep cut, just something small to distract me from my emotional pain. I watched the blood bead on the wound and run down my arm. That was all I focused on in order to clear my mind from all of my stressful issues.

introducingshelby said...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 5:42 pm:

I really, really liked this o:

Do you think you could check out my work? (I've got a novel by the name of "kiwi link" and it is NOT getting good views. Maybe you could give me some pointers?)

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 6:45 am :
pointers? you don't need any, your stories are wayyy better than mine

introducingshelby replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 10:41 am :
You're too kind[x No, really, your style of writing is really unique. How do you do it! -- oh, and thank you for reading kiwi link! I really appreciate that. I've been editing it so once it's revised I'll post it up C: thanks again!!

Oct. 31, 2011 at 6:44 am :
how do i do it? I just add a little drama and magic to everyday life and BAM! out comes an awesome story xD you better write more in Kiwi Link, that book is awesomesauce! <3

laura22 said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:09 pm:
I loved the dictionary of words that had to do with school, it was very funny

Sept. 28, 2012 at 7:35 am :
thank you ^-^ I'm editing it right now but I'll bring it back.

Dance.Dance said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 5:50 pm:
I love it! Best story i have read in a while!  Is there going to be more?  I truely hope so!

Sept. 26, 2011 at 6:47 am :
of course there will be more ^-^

becauseHeloves said...
May 30, 2011 at 12:16 am:
Are you still working on this, because I am eagerly awaiting the new chapters, the poems of the respective characters have really caught my interest.

May 31, 2011 at 8:47 am :
yes, and thank you about the poems. My wifi crashed and I have to study for exams but there will be more chapters soon.

becauseHeloves said...
May 12, 2011 at 11:06 am:
Awww... I was looking for the new chapters... but I can wait. Speaking of which, how long does it really take for Teen Ink to post something you've submitted? I'm kinda new to the site and I submitted a song the day I signed up which was I believe sometime last week (I kinda lost track 'cuz this site is so addicting lol) and it's still not up yet and I'm excited because that will be my first piece to, I guess you could say, literally share with the world!

becauseHeloves replied...
May 12, 2011 at 11:10 am :
oh  wow.. kinda embarrased because I just looked through some of the older comments and found the answer to my question, hahaha! But I'm still looking forward to reading the next chapters!!

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 11, 2011 at 8:53 am:
More chapters are going to be posted tomorrow so read quickly :D

PurpleWriter replied...
May 12, 2011 at 6:24 am :
It's kinda creepy(but also mysterious) how she thought about Bentley and he appeared out of no where

Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:30 am :
*grins evilly* Indeed

PurpleWriter said...
May 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm:

please add more!!!!!!!!!!!

May 6, 2011 at 9:14 am :
I just added more :D

No one special said...
May 5, 2011 at 4:26 pm:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait til more chapters come out :D

May 6, 2011 at 9:15 am :
Thanks, I just added more :D

kindled130 said...
May 1, 2011 at 11:15 am:
I can't wait for more chapters to come! This novel is so great!!

May 6, 2011 at 9:15 am :
Thank you <3  I just added more :D