New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

My Prince Charming

Author's note: well, i was in an abusive relationship for almost three years, and i was very young too. and i...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: well, i was in an abusive relationship for almost three years, and i was very young too. and i havent yet gotten over it. so i wrote this to help me move on, and help other people out there in the same situation.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Introduction

It was morning. I opened my eyes and quickly closed them again to save them from the burning bright sun shining straight at me from the bedroom window. I covered my face under my blankets wishing to have slept a little longer. As I laid there under my covers trying desperately to fall back to sleep, I failed and decided I might as well just get up and go on with starting my day. I pulled the covers off of my face squinting at the ridiculously bright sun. I looked next to me to find that my husband wasn’t there. Worried, I got up and went to the living room. When a whiff of what smelled like bacon and eggs hit me in my face, I then knew that my husband was in the kitchen. “It must be a good day” I thought to myself. Slowly, I walked to the kitchen to find my husband pouring orange juice into two small glasses. When he was done he put the orange juice back in the refrigerator. He looked up and saw me standing in the kitchen door way. “Good morning my love” he said to me softly.
He sat the glasses of orange juice and two plates of sizzling bacon and steaming eggs on the table. He looked up to find me still standing in the kitchen door way frozen like a statue. “What? A man can’t make his beautiful wife breakfast?” I still stayed where I was at, not knowing what to say or do. “Look, I just wanted to make up for yesterday.” He said. “I’m sorry, you know how I get and it isn’t fair to you so I thought maybe I could make you breakfast to make up for every time I get that way.” I just looked at him for a couple minutes still not saying anything, because I didn’t want to end up saying the wrong thing and then setting him off again. I might as well enjoy this while it lasts.
I walked over to the table and he pulled my chair out for me to sit. I sat down and he walked to the other side of the table and sat too. I waited for him to start eating before I did. We ate in silence. After we ate he took the plates and glasses to the sink to wash them. While he was doing that I got up and decided to take a shower. When I got out of the shower I got dressed and did my hair and makeup. When I was done, I opened the bathroom door slowly and cautiously. I walked out slowly looking around to see if my husband was still in his good mood. When I didn’t see him in the room, I walked to the living room to see if he was there. I looked around and saw him nowhere in sight. I heard a noise in the kitchen so I turned my head and found him on the kitchen floor with his head between his legs rocking back and forth.
Not knowing what to do, I walked into the kitchen slowly and I stopped ten feet in front of him. “Ralph? Are you okay dear?” I asked him nervously. He didn’t say anything. So I took a step closer to him, and then another. “Can you tell me what’s wrong?” I asked him as I took another step closer. “I dropped a plate!” he yelled, making me jump back a couple feet. I looked around for the plate he claimed he dropped. It was on the floor broken into a million pieces next to the table we ate breakfast on. “Oh, that’s okay dear, we can always buy another one” I told him. “No!!” he yelled. “No we can’t!” He then got up and started after me.
As he kept getting closer and closer, I kept stepping back, step after step. “It’s really not a big deal sweetie “I can clean It up” I tried calming him down. “I said NO!” he yelled even louder. I started panicking, wondering what he was going to do this time. He grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. Then he picked up a piece of the broken glass plate that he dropped and slit the side of my face. “Stop it!” I screamed. “Stop it!” He tried cutting me again but I pushed him and he fell on the floor.
I sat there on the floor crying. He got up and started hitting me and punching me, and kicking me. After about thirty minutes he stopped. He went into the bedroom and came out with his jacket. He walked straight for the door without even looking at me or anything and he left. I wiped my tears, and stood up. I went into the restroom and wiped all the blood off of my face. Standing in front of the mirror, I looked at the long cut across the left side of my face. I decided there was no way I could cover it up for work today, so I called myself in sick. After I did that, I changed into sweat pants and a t-shirt, struggling with how sore I was. And then I got into my bed and pulled the covers over me, and just laid there. Then I started crying again. “I can’t do this anymore” I thought to myself.

ReniseCasseus said...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 10:43 am:
maybe he was possessed? or someone was in his head

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 6:20 pm:
LOVED!!! It! Great job! (sorry for advertizing,) anyone if you could check out my stories called the beast and nightstalker that would be great!. Also, if u could post comments if  liked it or not that would be great! I love helpful critszum and feedback! Thanks! and keep writing! :)(:

sheashea said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:51 pm:

wow thats all i can say  

did he a mental thing going on????

PurpleWriter said...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 3:07 pm:
write a book 2!

veggiearthlover said...
May 12, 2011 at 7:48 pm:
I really liked it, but I would have liked it more if the grammar was better!

bayleegurl said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 4:17 pm:
I like it but grammatically its wrong... Also if he is an assistant he can't be making too much $... Fancy dinners wouldn't equate...

Mara03851 said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:34 am:

I really like it, though I'm curious about why he did that. Was it some kind of mental disorder? Something he went through in his childhood? I really enjoyed it but all through the story I was hoping at the end it would say why he did what he did...

Thanks anyway for an amazing story!

RoseOzera said...

this is a very powerful piece! it has a few grammatical, and puncuation errors, but other than that it was amazing, i am very sorry that you had to put up with this pretend prince charming. i havn't even been in anny relationships yet, but i can't even begin to imagine what an abusive relationshi must have felt like. im so so sooooo sorry. thank you for sharing your story with the world, and with me.

if you wouldn't mind, i would love for you to read my romance novel out ... (more »)

CameronG. said...
I liked it u should write a second one

music-is-my-life said...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 9:54 am:
um, idk if it was purposeful or not, but in the 2nd page, you have her name as Lisa, then Lexi. idk if anyone else caught that. sorry, im an english freak sometimes

lillyrosesunset said...
WOW! I loved it!! Thanks so much! BTW I loved ending! What a twist! (:

BrokenInnocence said...
Dec. 15, 2010 at 7:25 am:
ok love this. whens the next book??? i so want to read it. i mean i finished this in like 30 minutes and was so sad it ended. I want more!!!! :)

alexus replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:19 pm :
haha thanks. im working on it so it will be up before you know it!

Angie_101 said...
i really i want to kno what happen when she accisently bumped nto a new man..n i reaaly like your story:)

alexus replied...
Dec. 13, 2010 at 11:14 am :
thank you angie. umm.. i was thinking about writing a second book telling about the next man she bumps into and maybe even having Ralph, the first man, come back to her one day and then she has to figure out what to do.. what do you think?

Angie_101 replied...
Dec. 13, 2010 at 11:43 am :
Yeah you should write the second book,n it would really make the story really good if  Palph comes back n some how he tells her why he does wht he do whn he gets mad.and oh i think you should put that some how the new guy love the girl(i dont remember her name),n the girl like the new guy.

alexus replied...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 10:53 am :
yeah thats a good idea. thanks! ill get right on it!

Angie_101 replied...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 12:44 pm :
yea,thats a good idea...i will be waiting 4 iiiit!!!

PrincessSparkle said...
That was a bad ending. Really? It had to end like how it started? So unsatisfying.

FlawlessLawless replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 pm :

Well I have to differ with Princess Sparkle. I thought that was a great ending!! It pulled everything togather so gently and nicely that I was amazed!!!!! wow!