My Prince Charming

Author's note: well, i was in an abusive relationship for almost three years, and i was very young too. and i...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: well, i was in an abusive relationship for almost three years, and i was very young too. and i havent yet gotten over it. so i wrote this to help me move on, and help other people out there in the same situation.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

My prince

It all started three years ago when I first met Ralph. I was running late for work, so I was rushing past all the people walking on the sidewalk, trying so very hard to get to work as fast as I could. I accidently bumped into him and made him drop his coffee all over what looked like, a new suit. Without looking at him, I apologized and told him I would give him twenty dollars for ruining his new suit. Trying to hurry I started pulling out my wallet. “No, no, it’s perfectly fine” “I don’t like this suit anyway” he said jokingly, trying to be funny. “Okay.” Well, thanks!” I said as I started walking again, trying to hurry. I didn’t even look at him once because I was too busy worrying about being late for work. So later that day, my boss called me to his office.
“You wanted to see me sir?” I said as I walked into my boss’s office. “Yes” he said. When I walked in, a man stood up and walked over to stand by my boss. “Lisa, this is Ralph” pointing to the man next to him. The man held out his hand for me to shake. “Ralph, this is Lexi” my boss said, as he pointed to me. We shook hands. “Well, good to see you again “I went and bought a new suit by the way, so it’s all good” he said to me. “Excuse me?” I said with a confused look on my face. “You two already know each other?” my boss asked, looking at Ralph. “Well, we kind of met each other this morning when she bumped into me on her way here” Ralph told my boss, while smiling at me.
“Oh! I am so sorry for that!” I said after I finally realized what he was talking about. “Like I said, it’s perfectly fine” Ralph said to me. “But it’s really good to see you again” he smiled. “Well, anyways Lexi, this is your new assistant” my boss interrupted. After actually looking at him I realized he was a very handsome man. “How could I have not noticed” I said to myself. Guess that’s what happens when you’re late to work. I could’ve met my soul mate and not even know it because I was so lost in my own life. I couldn’t help but stare, he was so perfect. He was tall, with short brown hair, and sparkling crystal blue eyes that shined in the light like stars in a beautiful midnight sky. He wore a blue and black suit with khaki pants and brown dress shoes. His smile was so deadly gorgeous, it could kill a woman. His whole body just seemed to light up, like the bright burning sun was in my eyes again.
After just a couple weeks, we ended up going out. He took me to a fancy restaurant where we ate lobster and drank wine. We started going out often after that. He would take me to the movies, until three in the morning and then he would take me out for breakfast afterwards and then walk me home. One time we even had a picnic in a park where we fed ducks and ran around chasing each other like little kids. It was so perfect. I felt like I was living a fairytale. He made me feel like a princess. And after two months of going out, he gave me a diamond heart necklace and we celebrated our two month anniversary. We both decided to give in and give our all. That night was so magical. We went to his place and had a candlelight dinner out on his patio. When I woke up the next morning and found myself lying next to him I felt so safe, so happy, like I have never been in my entire life.
After that wonderful night, he started sending me flowers at work every day. He would write me poems and put them on my desk underneath his finished assignments he turned in to me. He would smile at me every time I walked by his desk. Everyone was jealous of our unbelievable fairytale. “Why can’t I find a guy like that?” one of the women who worked in my building would always ask herself. One woman actually came up to me one day and gave me this whole lecture about how it’s “too good to be true”. She said that he may act like he’s a perfect guy now but as soon as I fall too hard he’s going to show his true colors and I’m going to find him ending up being a real monster. But I didn’t care what she said, everything was great. She was just jealous that I had a perfect guy and she knew it. I wasn’t going to listen to her; she didn’t know him like I did. She didn’t know anything. He was perfect, and he wasn’t going to change.

This book has 23 comments. Post your own now!

PrincessSparkle said...
That was a bad ending. Really? It had to end like how it started? So unsatisfying.

alexus replied...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:34 am
thank you flawlesslawless. im glad you enjoyed it.

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 18, 2010 at 9:19 am
well i mean sure some people may like the ending but im sorry i would have to agree with PrincessSparkle... it just wasn't that satisfying. it didn't really make sense either. in my opinion.

CaliGirl20 replied...
i absolutely loved the ending! it makes you want to come back and read more! Keep writing I would love to read more!